Chapter 8: Seat of Death
315 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sh*t" suddenly remembering he doesn't have a leg to step on the pedal, Vorg pushes the driver down while its leg one pedal and he began to push the two handle on sides of the driver seat. Thanks to crew died without stopping the engine with roaring sound Di-Cokka starts to move again.

"Yes, let's move."

"That guy did it !"

Seeing tank moving again soldiers got energetic and begun to move along with a tank. Through a small viewing window, Vorg saw Lab 4 coming closer at the same time there more and more corpses wearing the uniform of the Regular and Rebel army appearing on the road.

A feeling of crushing bone and sound of tearing flesh even thou he driving a tank Vorg heard them clearly. He wanted to throw up to feel better, but Vorg knows vomiting will only make him weaker and he definitely doesn't want to get any disadvantage.

Feeling bitter taste in his mouth, Vorg continues to drive the Di-Cokka eventually arriving in front of Lab 4 building. There are all kinds of defences surrounded the Lab 4 from simple blockades to several tall anti-air towers shooting down incoming planes alongside five or four unusual tanks with a long barrel that turned into temporary gun placement.

The sky was still full of fire. A fight between offensive and defensive forces became fierce as time goes. Many rebel soldiers began to leave lab 4 with all kinds of bizarre experimental weapons and start to use it against regular army soldiers.

Three soldiers rushed behind one of the sandbags while holding one large box. Hiding behind the sandbags each of those three soldiers took out a funny looking rocket and let go towards incoming Regular army vehicles after lighting the fuse. Seeing comical looking rocket flying towards their vehicles almost nobody from regular army took very seriously until moment rocket hits one of a tank.

*BOOM!*

WIth large explosion tank and soldiers around it turned into literal firework themselves.

There was also a soldier with flaming red skin that simply didn’t avoid the bullets, he was holding a six-tube Gatling-gun that connected to ammo large feeder on his back, shooting crazily at the Regular Army soldiers. The bullets hit him, but it couldn't penetrate his skin. Apparently, he was injected by some experimental serum turned him like this. Some Regular Army soldiers shot at him then hid behind the wall – he turned around – a bunch of bullets penetrated the wall, the wall along with the people were torn into pieces.

There were also some soldiers who were holding large shield made of unknown material and sabre walking towards enemy soldiers in shield wall formation. Don’t look at this and think that it’s a simple shield. Be a grenade or gunshot. It could block almost every attack giving the shield bearers chance to get closer to a powerless enemy and cutting in two with a sabre.

Though the number of soldiers with an experimental weapon was small, against the Regular Army soldiers, they were still overwhelming. That is how it looks from one looker's perspective, but for Vorg it looked more like the last struggle. Then he saw Balor talking with an old man dressed in for the fitting blue coat.

Seeing Vorg and his team arrived at lab 4 with intact Di-Cokka, Balor couldn't help but surprise. Because at that moment seeing black smoke coming from Di-Cokka's engine he thought it is busted.

"Team 6 go take Di-Cokka and reinforce the third team, as for you new soldiers. Go that defence position and use that anti-tank gun. "

Seeing as if nothing happened in last time Balor giving a command to them even taking their only tank and sending them to the most dangerous part of the defence with nothing but an almost wrecked anti-tank gun and some rifle that angered many soldiers who arrived with Vorg. Maybe they are soldiers, but they are still human nobody like when someone thinks their life as nothing.

"What, do you all want to go against my order ?"

Noticing how those cripples viewing him, Balor expression immediately became extremely unsightly. "Hey! didn't you hear my command get out that f*cking tank!"

Vorg also furious, but knowing the current situation, he decided to follow Balor's order. He opened tank's hatch from inside and climb up. Seeing Vorg missing the leg Balor became even angry because taking another useless baggage he can at least use others because they can walk, but Vorg was just dead weight.

Balor and old man dressed in blue fight fitting blue coat exchanged glances and understood the thoughts of each other. He needs to get rid of. Balor glanced at Vorg and quickly introduced the old man.

"He is Professor. Amadeus head researcher of lab 4. I wanted to say one of you met requirements for a new experimental weapon."

Bullshit!, Vorg wanted to scream as he already noticed how they exchanged a glance. But thanks to his previous profession he successfully saved his poker face. Without any word, he followed behind the Balor and Amadeus.

Inside the lab, they arrived in front of square-shaped mechanized armour. Mechanized armour was two and a half meter tall have strong looking mechanical claw shaped arm with .50cal machinegun and 100mm smoothbore cannon along with a backpack with a rocket booster. Overall mechanized armour looked strong and reliable except Vorg clearly seeing soldiers pulling out a person who full of a wound from the exposed cockpit with almost no protection that clearly painted red by the blood of previous pilots.

It was Link-001 prototype mechanized armour one of experimental weapon beside the tank made by lab 4 under Amadeus's command. It is a weapon controlled by the pilot's movement. Its almost revolutionary weapon could change the war, but there was a large problem. It put too much stress in the pilot's body eventually killing in half or one hour. To fix that problem researchers need data and to get data they needed test subjects. Due to almost 100% death ratio, nobody wanted to volunteer to try piloting the Link-001 leading project the end but now thanks to a sudden attack from Regular Army under the guise of 'For our Survival' researchers begun to use soldiers for Link-001.

"Our next pilot is chosen. Prepare Lv-001 for a link."

'Balor Drake and Amadeus I remember you. I definitely survive this and crush your head into meat paste.' A trace of ruthlessness flashed within Vorg’s eyes, but immediately it disappeared before anyone notices it.

0