Chapter 9: Do barrel roll
430 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

/From author: Sorry mechanical armour name changed to L-001 from Link-001 for convinience/

 

*Hsss*

Vorg breathed cold air as scientists connect him with L-001 by inserting some kind of needle-shaped connector directly into his spine, fastening him into pilot's seat. Followed by sharp pain and electricity going through his body Vorg begun to feel L-001 as his whole body. Despite his anger for being used as guinea pig for an experiment, he a bit excited for piloting the large mechanical armour.

"Don't try to do anything stupid, with this just pressing one button L-001 will send a large amount of feedback through a connection and directly fry your brain. And don't even think about removing the link by force or else you will bleed to death."

But his little excitement immediately disappeared when Vorg listens to Amadeus's explanation.

"Now time for a simple test. Try to think about moving your left arm."

Following the instruction, Vorg thought about moving his left arm and saw L-001's left arm also moving at the same time.

"Now, try your left arm along with your legs."

After moving his limbs, Vorg understands after connection L-001 became his body that he can control as his wish. With Vorg's thought, L-001 stood up and took it's first step then second and followed by the third step. The researcher is a bit surprised at how Vorg easily adapted the L-001.

"Aim at the target and move your index finger then your thumb."

Vorg aimed his arms towards the target and thought about moving his index finger. Immediately .50 cal machine gun on L-001 arm begun to fire against the target and on the moment he thought for moving his thumb Boom! 100mm cannon open fire creating a large hole in a target.

"Good, now go."

With a simple word, Vorg went back to the battlefield. On his way to leaving the lab, Vorg took a glimpse at an experimental tank that scientist working on. The tank was almost four-meter tall posses has one large and two small turrets along with large pod in it's back of the turret.

Just after taking one step outside of lab Vorg saw previously three soldiers who been throwing experimental rockets attractedRegular Army soldiers. Under the fire, one soldier prepared to throw another rocket to a large group of enemy soldiers but sadly his rocket hit by stray bullet.

*BOOM!*

With a large explosion, three soldiers exploded along with their large box full of same rockets taking out two tanks and a large amount of Rebel Army soldiers creating a large gap in the defence.

Death of three unlucky soldiers was just the beginning, one after other soldiers with experimental weapons begun to die.

The red soldier with Gatling-gun suddenly stopped firing and dropped his gun on the ground has begun to scream in pain as his entire body begun to inflate like a balloon. A moments later his skin began to slide off his body just like a peeling skin of an onion showing his red flesh and muscle behind his skin while man still screaming from pain.

"AAARG! IT HURTS H-H-HEL"

*Boom!*

Then soldier exploded into bloody mist launching his flesh and bones in every direction like a bullet killing more people.

*Ding!*

"Huh?"

Hearing sound Vorg moved his head and saw one rib stuck on the protection plate of his cockpit just a few cms under his little Jonny. Suddenly he felt a cold shiver running down his spine despite a hot sun above him.

"F*ck!"

After throwing a curse, Vorg controls the L-001 aims general direction towards incoming the enemy soldiers and begun to spray his .50 cal machine gun. Suddenly facing unknown machine rushing soldiers got stunned in a moment before turning meat paste from a hail of bullets from a heavy machine gun. In just a few seconds Vorg succeeded suppressing enemy soldier that rushing toward a defence gap created from the previous explosion.

"Hurry up reinforce this point!"

Vorg screamed because he knew his moment of glory will not last because a single bipedal mechanical armour piloted by a single man who protected by a plate of armour will stick out very easily.

*Ding!*

With a metallic sound, a bullet fired by Regular Army soldier hits right beside of Vorg's shoulder. Immediately he moved his one arm towards attacker while maintaining suppression fire with his other arm. Scanned battlefield with his naked eye Vorg tried to find the attacker.

In every second without finding the sniper, Vorge felt feeling of dread becoming more power powerful as his breath become heavier until. He saw a suspicious glint under the remains of building rubble. Without any hesitation, he opened fire of his machine gun and cannon at the same time.

*Pierce!*

At same time cannon hits the ruble, Vorg felt a sharp pain travel through his arm and he saw a bullet wound in his shoulder, but it worth price for taking out an enemy sniper. Clenching his teeth together, Vorg continues control L-001 attacking against Regular Army soldiers while praying that 30 min pass quickly at the same time regretting not updating the skill: Minor Healing for a second time reducing heal time by half.

Thanks to Vorg and brave soldiers of Rebel Army the defence able to hold longer but in each of every passing time more and more enemy forces have begun to notice the weird bipedal armour and begun to put attention him at same time wound on Vorg body increase as well

"SH*T!"

Suddenly feeling dread Vorg moved his head and saw two tanks aiming at him he immediately tried to jump sideways forgot he in L-001. At this moment thruster in L-001 back actives and with sudden force pushes L-001 in direction Vorg tried to jump successfully evading tank shot but throwing L-001 into the ground very hard as result Vorg loses his consciousness due to shock.

1