Chapter 7
325 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Please leave a comment or review on how you feel about my work and what you like about it hopefully.

Chapter 7

I turn my gaze onto the last enemy which I knocked out with Dark bolt.

It's the first goblin I met. I gather my undead and we set off to kill him.

"Second take him out." I order as from behind me walks skeleton who then pierces straight trough the laying goblin.

"After this battle I got to level 6, nice." And looking my undead I see that First got to level 4 with his brothers to level 3.

"Let's upgrade them first. First shall be better archer, while his brothers overall better."

Status Window

Name: First

Level: 4  Class: Skeleton Archer  Race: Skeleton

Strength: 1.0  Agility: 1.9

Vitality: 1.0  Spirit: 1.2

Bonus Attributes:

Skeleton Archer +0.5 agility

 

"With Second and Third being as strong as each other."

Status Window

Name: Second

Level: 3  Class: Skeleton Spearman  Race: Skeleton

Strength: 1.3  Agility: 1.2

Vitality: 1.0  Spirit: 1.2

Bonus Attributes:

Skeleton Spearman +0.5 strength

 

 

Status Window

Name: Third

Level: 3  Class: Skeleton Spearman  Race: Skeleton

Strength: 1.3  Agility: 1.2

Vitality: 1.0  Spirit: 1.2

Bonus Attributes:

Skeleton Spearman +0.5 strength

 

"Good, now me."

Status Window

Name: Thomas

Level: 6  Class: Necromancer  Race: Human

Strength: 2.0  Agility: 2.0

Vitality: 1.4  Spirit: 2.0

Bonus Attributes:

Necromancer +1 spirit +1 agility

Money: 24c

"2 strength 2 agility and 1.4 vitality, I am mostly now 2 times as strong as normal human."

Let's test my strength, I look around and find boulder near a tree growing where the road goes right, it was used in background view, it looks as it weight is easily 150kg.

I position myself safely that even if it fell from my arms it won't do me any damage.

"hua ah!" I breathe in and lift it steadily.

"It's heavy but not that uncomfortable huh?" I try to throw it.

"Hah!" It flies 3 meters before hitting ground.

It could kill someone with this weight.

"Can Second lift it? Hey, Second leave your equipment and lift that boulder."

He leaves it on the ground and tries to lift it, he manages to do it but it looks like his arms are about to break.

"Okay stop, get your things and follow me."

1.3 strength is good but I must get it higher.

Now that I got a foothold just out of bridge I must secure more of the village.

We walk alongside the road and turn left, I want to use this side road to go uphill to acquaintance house and then go to the higher level of the village, unofficially called New Wostnik.

As we step just on the side of the new road I spot another group of goblins, this time it's just three of them.

They start charging at us. "First stand by my side and attack those guys, you two charge." I points at new monsters.

Clap...clap...clap 

I haven't focused on that but running bones make funny noise like clapping.

It can alert enemy if they have good hearing.

Never mind, it's not that they can do shit to me.

The fight isn't anything worth mentioning, Second and Third easily pierce their enemy with spears while First scored almost instantly first kill, his greater agility paid off, his aim is very good.

"Another three but no level this time." I look at my undead and they also haven't leveled.

"Okay let's get going." We return to moving uphill.

Walking I can see left and right homes of other villagers, but I can't spot any, are they hiding or dead?

If they don't kill monsters near their home I don't think they will survive long.

Not that just killing them once will help since they respawn.

~~~~

No monsters in sight for now. It's quite boring at the moment, let's check one of the houses.

Creaak

I open the door with a kick since it's locked.
Looking around on the other side of the room is broken glass, have something come inside?

I order two brothers to look for monsters and kill them if spotted, and First is by the door on the lookout standing guard.

I go to the bedroom, looking on the floor I see some fresh blood.

The trail goes into kitchen, stepping there I see it going further, but first I pack some long lasting food into my pockets since the owner is probably dead already.

Finished I follow it again, now it goes near the washroom and stops just by the broken window which I saw from the door.

Looking at the window I see some ripped clothes and more blood.

"Was someone knocked out and moved here and thereafter trough the window?"

I break dangerous edges of the window and step outside.

Here we follow it again, it follows some bizarre zigzag road and leads to the road outside but about 100 meter further than I stopped.

Looking behind I signal First to bring his brothers and follow me.

~~~~

We move cautiously upward since a while ago I spotted more trails leading way up.

Next to this point should be big open space connected to village chief courtyard.

In that big space I don't think we will meet puny 4 or 5 goblins, let's look at that place from higher up.

Looking to the side of further off Chief home I spot other hose with window with direct look out at that place.

"Let's go there. We will get to know what these trails are."

~~~~

I open door to that house and we quietly go upstairs, no enemies in my view.

While I am upstairs I go to right side and into some library. There it is, window where I can see what is going on.

I approach window while crouching to not let me be seen. 3 meters...2 meters...1 meter.

"Ah!" I hear a quiet scream. Turning to the side I see old woman.

"Who are you monster, keep away with those s-ss-skeletons!" She cries pitifully.

"I'm no monster, just someone from across the bridge."

"From that flat? (Author note"If you haven't found this word yet in translation sites, then it means building with multiple floors built for families.)

"Yes that one. You can call me Thomas."

"B-but how did you get here, there are those green small monsters everywhere!"

"Obviously I killed them, look beside my, those are my skeletons. I'm necromancer."

"Witchcraft, or something? Like about this message earlier?" She asks confused.

"Yes, it's real. Look how much hours ago it was, and you are sitting here doing nothing, if you want to survive then you must fight those monsters."

"You don't know what you are talking about!!! How can you fight this army outside!" She points at the window.

"Army?" I walk there and cautiously rise just a bit to see outside.

"The hell? Isn't it too many, and what about these mini hills? Oh, fuck. Hill made of dead bodies."

"As you see it's impossible to fight." She gives cold glance at the direction of this horde.

"Aside those 50 or something goblins. Why they built hill of corpses?" I ask her.

"You know nothing boy, it has a reason." She starts looking terrified.

"What reas,,,Shkrieeeee!" As I was about to ask I hear ear piercing howl of multiple goblins.

"What's going on?" I turn to the outside and...

There... Something big is walking slowly towards this mini goblin village.

All goblins fearfully group up and slowly step away from dead bodies hills.

This monster walks to the pile and sits carefreely.

It's a troll, gigantic fucking troll.

It's about 5 meters in height and looks like it weight's at least 300kg or maybe even more.

It has white thick fur and steel like muscles, short legs and long arms.

Looks like it's Strong slow hard to kill monster, or should I say boss?

Thing like that should be a boss in most RPG games.

It takes the closest body in the pile and starts eating it like a snack, while goblins observe not daring to move too quickly to incite it's rage.

After about 10 minutes of a feast it stands, gives arrogant glance at the goblin who looks like the leader that should be a shaman or something, and walks away in the direction of my acquaintance house near the forest.

Just before it escapes my vision I check it.

Mountain Troll

Level 15

One Star Local Boss Monster

Troll are monsters loving humanoid flesh, they have strong arms and thick fur. Their high vitality makes them hard to kill due to regeneration. Their legs are short which means they are slow in comparison to their strength.

 

Holy shit, it's really a boss! Just looking at it's level you can understand how strong it is.

But that description is more informative than the last, is it because I thought about it's strengths and weaknesses? It should be it.

One star means there must be higher than that somewhere.

I turn my gaze to the lady.

"So you ware talking about this being impossible?" I ask even if I already know the answer.

"You saw yourself, no man can defeat that thing, even this horde of these small monsters."

Right there are 50 or so of them but they aren't even fighting, they are 5 level and that shaman leader should be higher.

I look at him.

Goblin Chief

Level 10

Goblin who took charge of other goblins, knows magic, only the most wisest of goblins can become a Chief.

It's strong but it doesn't mean they all should loose together, are they just scared?

That should be it, goblin chief fears losing many of it's subordinates so he gives offerings to that troll, heh, even if they fought I doubt they could hurt it much with these pseudo spears.

Only Chief magic should be useful against it.

"Do you want to free youself from oppression of these monsters?" I ask lady.

"What do you mean?" She asks but looks like it picked her interest.

"I will help you become stronger, but you must listen to my orders." I give her proposition.

If it plays as I want then I can profit with it greatly enhancing my power, and saving rest of the hiding people from they misery.

"I want! I want! If it means listening to you I will do it!" She almost yells.

"Okay so here's the thing, I will help you kill some monsters to get you to level 2 maybe 3, and you will choose mage class, we need magic to have chance with that troll"

"You still want to kill that troll?" She looks pale.

"Don't worry, you will be supporting me at long range." I assure her.

"If you agree then let's go. First you remain near the window and will start supporting me when I give signal."

I leave the house with lady and 2 brothers.

"So those skeletons are your creation? How did you get skeletons here? We don't have cemetery." She asks while looking doubtfully at the brothers.

"I created them using other monster bones, that's all you need to know."

"All right." She drops her head.

We return to the connection of side road to main road.

"It looks safe, did you kill monsters from here?"

"Yes I killed some."

We move by the main road few hundred meters and spot a band of 5 goblins.

"Wait here, I will weaken them."

"Let's go Second, Third, you keep flanks  clear."

"Dark bolt!" I point at closest goblin.

Swoosh...slam!

It's knocked out instantly.

The other 4 know the enemy attacked and starts charging at us.

Second and Third are waiting to intercept those goblins while I charge another Dark bolt.

"Dark bolt!" I shout and immediately start running towards attacked goblin, Second and Third few steps behind.

Stab!

As the goblin sees my Dark bolt it dodges it easily but I don't give it another chance and pierce it's head.

Second and Third join fight seconds later and  take care of 2 goblins.

Last one stands still in it's track while looking in panic.

I quickly charge and while dodging his spear to side I hit it in the chest lightly with my fist.

Full blow of mine would probably shatter it's ribcage.

3 dead and 2 knocked out, good hunt.

I turn to old lady who is in awe.

"Strong, you are so strong, those goblins didn't have chance." She speaks excitedly.

"Okay, okay, come here, kill these two."

"is it really alright?" She asks while gazing at powerless goblins.

"Take this spear and pierce their heads." I command.

"Okay..." She steps and hesitatingly and does the deed.

Stab.

"Ahh!" She kneels.

It looks like pain of getting first level.

Finally she stands up with a smile.

"I see the screen of congratulations." She says.

"Good for you. Now check status and choose mage class."

"Right."

~~~~

"I am now a mage."

"Now open shop and choose Fire affinity with Fire ball and Fire wall spells. You should have enough money.

"I see, okay let me buy it."

~~~~

"I have 30 copper left, what do we do with it?"

"Let's see if we can transfer them to other." I walk to her and try one words and another.

"Transfer!" And finally screen appears before me.

Transfer Money

You have 56c. How much do you wish to transfer to being in front of you?

Amount

0

 

I cancel that.

"Okay transfer works, now transfer me money."

"Do you want it for youself!?" She looks cautiously.

"And who gave you goblins to kill? Now tell me what level are you now? Then go and kill the other goblin or I will do it."

"Okay, okay" She runs and kills last goblin.

"I'm level 3 now and have 36 copper, this can be my payment for help."

"Transfer" She says and gives me the money.

"Okay, thanks, now add your 0.8 points to the spirit stats."

"To use spells more frequently?"

"Yes, now do it." I urge.

~~~~

"Done, now I have 3.8 spirit." 

Hmm, I have 2 and can fire Dark bolt few times, Probably I would pass out after 4-5.

"Okay with this spirit you should be able to use Fire ball or Fire wall about 8-9 times, this must be enough."

Not even mentioning her spells should be quite stronger due to higher spirit.

"What do we do now?" She asks.

"Did you see anyone other hiding like you?"

"Well, I think I saw Village Chief briefly when I looked out of the window, he is in his house barricaded."

So one helper more, good.

"Let's return to your house."

16