Chapter 8
281 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author note: Sorry for no release yesterday, I have guests in the house and can barely write this chapter with spare free time. I left some space between lines so I hope it's easier for eyes, please leave a comment if you like it.

After about 15 minutes, we arrive at her house.

"...So when goblins will have a great battle with the Troll you will use magic and create one each Fire wall at his sides, I then will charge and attack while you bombard him with fireballs. But remember to take action after both sides sustain injuries. Since I am no match for Troll in his perfect state."

I explain her my plan as we step upstairs, by the window I can see First standing guard faithfully.

"You know... I can't always say 'you' when talking with you. What is your name?"

"I'm Monic." Says middle aged lady.

"Okay Monic, so Village Chief is in his house?" I ask while looking at his house
.
"Yes I really saw him. I think he waits for rescue."

"I can't get to him from the front as there is 50 goblins and on the other side is steep cliff." I say with concern.

"I'd rather choose climbing." 

"So you're going?" Asks Monic worriedly.

"Yes, you wait here Monic. I will return with Village Chief powered up." I reply as I step down the stairs and leave.

~~~~

"Now, to climb side of his house safely I should start from down there. It's a bit high, but I'm stronger now." 

I carefully jump.

Swoosh...Slam!

"Ugh, even with this 1.5 vitality it's still painful, if I was normal I would already have broken something."

I look up at my skeletons.

"You two, guard the door to the house." I shout while running to place just under Chief house.

~~~~

I never climbed before, I hope it's easy. I leave my spear further away and check my equipment.

"Let's go!" I psyche myself up.

Carefully placing my limbs on stable positions and using 3 limb unmoved rule, I turn by turn use other hands and legs while slowly picking up height.

After a while, looking up I see that I'm halfway to my destination.

"Just a bit more."

I place right hand on rock.

Crack...

That doesn't sound good, I quickly try to move to side but loose rock hits me and causes me to fall.

Slam!

"Uhh, It's not that easy as I thought."

~~~~

Slam!

~~~~

"Ahh!"

Slam!

~~~~

After few more falls I learned how to climb the hard way, good thing my body was tougher than normal and I ended up with some light bruises.

After last meter I slowly push my body up while leaning to the front, and finally I climbed this damn cliff!

"Finally I did it!"

Looking around I see window not far away and with my powered jump I reach it neatly.

I open it and step inside.

"It's bathroom. Good thing it was empty or I would hear scream."

Walking out of room I start exploring the house of Village Chief.

While walking I eat some sandwich I prepared before at home.

"He really is well off, that Chief." I comment as I watch every corner I can.

~~~~

Finally after sightseeing Village Chief home I meet him crouching just below window from where you can see goblin forces.

"Hello" I walk to him.

"Ah? Ahh! Stay away!" He looks startled.

"I'm human, don't you see, I won't harm you." I assure.

"Nno! You must be in pact with those...monster outside!!!" He stands and leaps at me.

"Die monster!" He swings the knife in his right hand.

I dodge easily and catch his hand.

"Stop it!" I slap him lightly.

"Don't eat me!" He tries to punch me in the face.

"Oh, well." I punch him, knocking him out.

"Ough..." He falls.

"Maybe he will regain his mind after quick nap."

As he lays there I look around the room, looks like Chief moved his food supplies here and was observing the situation.

I sit near the window to rest a bit.

"Looks like it will take a bit of time. Let's check shop."

Looking at my status I see that I gathered a fair amount of money.

A whole 98 copper. I'm rich.

Now...let's check items of interest.

"Hmm, last magic of Death affinity is curse, how it works?"

I focus and screen appears.

Curse 60c

Low level spell using to weaken enemies. When casting user must add status he wants to weaken. Status of same leveled being is lowered by 10%, weaker being by 15%, stronger being by 5%.

"It should be useful when weakning strength of that troll."

I buy it, now I have 38 copper. Let's browse some helpful items.

Orb of Intelligence 5s

Grants undead intelligence/self-awareness. Undead keeps his memory of no-intelligence past, works only on weak undead, stronger undead starting from level 50 start forming intelligence little by little.

 

Ring of Recovery 2s

Increases wound recovery of the body by equivalent of 1 vitality.

 

Amulet of Fire Coat 1s

Coats user body in weak fire magic, causes enemies who touch user, burning slight damage.

 

Lesser Fire God Sacrificial Altar 25c

Altar used to sacrifice body of enemy to use as offering to God of Fire, can ask for one weak wish.

 

Amulet of Necromancy 50c

Increases mental control of undead, can rise 1 undead more.

 

Lesser Soul Prison 50c

Used to store soul of defeated enemy, can be used as offering to god, or used to strengthen spirit of user or undead granting them random trait at the level of stored soul.

A lot of expensive things...but just look at those uses!

Sadly I can buy only altar, I will use it to pray for some blessing for battle with troll.

Those other things will be very efficient in increasing my power.

I want to catch the soul of Troll boss, I'm sure it will be good.

Ring of recovery and fire coat would be nice for this fight, but too expensive.

After Lesser Soul Prison I should buy as fast as possible Amulet of Necromancy, new undead will surely help even at the cost of 30% experience divided by 4.

Lastly If I manage in incoming days to get a hold of 5 silver I will surely buy Orb of Intelligence, just thinking about talking undead makes me crack a smile, heh.

"Ugh? What's going on?" I hear a voice, looks like our new helper is waking up.

Another step toward my plans...

14