Chapter 9
267 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Village Chief POV

I had a dream, a dream where present world ended, and apocalypse started .

Not too long ago I saw some screen appearing saying something that horrified me.

After two hours I could only believe what I was seeing. Green monsters started appearing around my house, there where many, very many.

How the hell are you supposed to fight this horde!

And then I saw even crazier thing, fur coated monster as tall as giant, it looked like it could break me apart with casual swing of that huge fist.

Goblin horde looked almost as scared as I, but as they were many, they weren't worried it would attack them suddenly. They offered food for that monster and he would not attack them.

That goblin who looked like some kind of shaman made the right choice.

But, what about me? My house front door is just near this horde, and even that huge monster comes, I can't even escape from backside, as my house is built on cliff.

Running from left or right wall window will just present me on silver plate to them.

Hopeless, hopeless!!!

I brought all my supplies and stashed them near window for my lookout.

From time to time I could hear low screams, and a moment later goblin groups were moving corpses near the place where that huge monster was standing last time.

And it arrived to it these bodies like snack.

After some time I lost hope, I was alone, powerless, and could only look at horrible events unfolding just outside my house.

I don't know when I started breaking mentally, I was looking at every corner with cautious eyes, afraid they find me.
Time flied and after I saw another one of that monster feasts not long after I heard footsteps.

Next, I saw green clothes, and skeletons, fucking white boned skeletons!

While looking at them I said in my mind that they finally found me...

However, I will not be eaten without a fight!

I arose from my sitting position and charged.

"DIE! Monster!"

However I quickly lost as that monster easily overpowered me.

I lost consciousness. I woken up some time after, prepared to see that huge monster looking at me while licking it's lips wanting to eat me with bones.

"Ugh? What's going on?"  I said while opening my eyes.

Miraculously I wasn't being prepared as food.

Near me was sitting that green clothed monster...monster?

Now that I look carefully, he looks green but those are our army clothes. I thought it was that green thing just taller.

As I look around hurriedly, I spot them again.

Skeletons, is that person some fantasy necromancer or something?

I sit and slowly say.

"Hello?"

"Hi, I'm Thomas. You've finally woken up. Is your hysteria finished?" He asks while gazing indifferently.

"Yeah, sorry about that, you are green so I thought you were a monster from outside. What are those skeletons?" I try to get some information.

"Just my skeletons, nothing much." Looks like he won't say much right now.

"So how did human got here?" I look outside the window.

"The outside is filled with those green monsters."

"Well, it was a bit hard at first, but I climbed from the back of your house." He smiles.

"What? How? That cliff looks dangerous. Are you professional or something?"

"No, it was my first time climbing. Well, it does not matter now." He stands up.

"We should use our time efficiently, come with me outside."

"By cliff?" I ask. "Maybe you can climb, but I don't."

"Don't worry, just wear some thick clothes now and gather some food and weapon for yourself."

~~~~
We meet by the window in five minutes.

"I have my things. What now?" I look out of the window.

"Just outside is space where you can stand so let's leave for now."

~~~~
"But how do we, well I, get down?"

He is still in the bathroom. What is he doing?

"Look." He stands there for a few seconds unmoving and then light shines.

"Woah!"

Rope appears out of thin air.

"How did you do that?" I ask in awe.

"You will soon know." He ties the robe in the bathroom and throws it out of the window below the cliff.

"It reaches to the ground splendidly." He comments with grin.

"Okay, now let's go down"

~~~~

Change to Thomas POV

After about 15 minutes we reach Monic house.

"So if we kill those monsters we level up like in games and become stronger?" He asks.

"That's right, the point of me saving you is for you to become mage. The plan is that I will lure that troll to goblin village and you with my skeleton 'First' and old lady Monic will support me from the window in her house while I try to kill that beast."

"You are a necromancer who controls undead, good advantage in numbers, but..." He looks at me.

"Can we really kill that thing? It's monstrously huge, it should be exactly strong."

"With your support it should be possible." 

"We will kill it." I declare.

Stepping up the stairs we meet Monic and First.

"So Chief is still alive after all." She turns to us.

"Hello." He greets.

"Yeah, I saved him, with two of you as support it should be okay."

"So he knows your plan already? Good."

She walks toward Chief and shakes his hand.

"Hello Chief."

"We should start working."

"Let's go all to level you up some more guys."

We leave her house with First as before standing guard near window.

Walking down the road, we see that no goblins have respawned yet.

I turn to them.

"We should go explore the region where the main road leads to the convenience store."

"There should be more goblins there that way."

"And if my guess is correct, in the place between the store and bus stop there can be either some strong monster or bigger group."

As we walk for some time we spot our first victims.

"2 goblins, that's few." I grumble.

Well it doesn't matter now.

"Second, Third, you stand guard here."

I charge.

"Dark bolt!"

Ball of dark energy hits goblin in the back and he falls.

"Shkriee!" The other goblin attacks.

I easily remember how it attacks and spin my body dodging his spear and gaining momentum finally piercing his head with no resistance.

"Easy. " I turn toward my back.

"Chief kill that laying goblin." I point.

"Okay!" He runs and slices his throat mercilessly.

He isn't hesitating unlike Monic.

"Good, now you must..."

~~~~
After about 1 hour both Monic and Chief, reach level 5, becoming pretty god mages.

Money from the 1 kill was transferred to me by Chief, same as Monic.

Now I have money to buy some things, but let's talk about it later.

My greatest achievement is now being level 8, while First is level 5 while brothers are both level 4

First got an upgrade with strength and his agility was rounded up to 2.0.

Brothers become stronger and sturdier.

Well, as for myself, it's like this now.

Status Window

Name: Thomas

Level: 8  Class: Necromancer  Race: Human

Strength: 2.2  Agility: 2.0

Vitality: 2.0  Spirit: 2.0

Bonus Attributes:

Necromancer +1 spirit +1 agility

Money: 1s 14c

I am now stronger than two strong humans combined.

~~~~

After we rested a bit after last fight we stood again to follow the main road.

"The store is near, I hope it will be good fight." Monic says excitedly for her age.

"Yeah, I want to reach level 6." Chief says.

"You are now quite formidable, we should have pretty good chances with that boss."

As I say we reach store, the parking space reserved for bus is now occupied by goblin village, although much smaller than the one near boss.

I counted about 15-20 goblins with goblin chief leading them.

"They haven't spotted us yet. Let's position ourselves." I ask and point at the rooftop of the rain shield of the bus stop.

"You two get up there and rain fire on the enemies. I will slaughter them in close combat."

"First attack anyone coming closer to these two."

"Monic, Chief, you guys attack from bus stop side, I will charge from store side so as to avoid damage from your spells."

"Okay! Yess!" Monic, Chief.

"Second,Third, follow me quietly."

We start sneaking by the side of the river where land height is lower so we aren't easily seen.

Hop.

We jump the fence of some house, and steadily walk near our presumed position.

~~~~

I'm now just behind the store, we will scavenge it a bit after this battle.

I look at my loyal undead and nod.

"Let's start the party..." We charge.

14