Chapter 11
245 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I added some foreshadowing at the end, I don't think someone would casually connect the dots if one wasn't extremely cautious about the surroundings and had good memory. I also updated other previous chapters making them easier to read I hope. Thanks for reading!

We arrive again in Monic house.

"Okay guys, rest, eat and buy from shop something useful for you if you have enough money. After 1 hour I will go and lure that troll here, so be on standby then and wait for signal to attack."

I leave the room with my undead.

~~~~
I sit on the bed in another room, while thinking about necessary things.
"Okay let's take a look at the shop and buy new stuff."
~~~~

Lesser Fire God Sacrificial Alter 25c

Altar used to sacrifice body of enemy to use as offering to God of Fire, can ask for one weak wish.

 

Amulet of Necromancy 50c

Increases mental control of undead, can rise 1 undead more.

 

Lesser Soul Prison 50c

Used to store soul of defeated enemy, can be used as offering to god, or used to strengthen spirit of user or undead granting them random trait at the level of stored soul.

 

Lesser Shortbow of Fire 50c

Most common of enchanted bows, gives arrows slight burning damage, but sacrificing piercing damage.

Good, after I kill that Mountain Troll I will capture it's soul, and use it's body to create my fourth skeleton, perhaps he will be stronger thanks to using Boss bones.

"Also I bought new bow for First, just for this occasion he will be able to damage the troll by continuous small attacks since normal arrows won't deal much damage to him.

Aside from the bow I stocked for him another 40 arrows if he ever did run out of them, since there will be about 50 goblins who will be showing their backs for him to shoot.

Whole thing cost me almost my entire fortune, leaving me with 1 copper.

I spent some time here now, let's start my final preparation and begin with plan.

I stand up and take small metallic altar that flickers with color of fire.

Carefully placing it on the ground I then kneel.

How should I do it? Will it even work?

Let's just start.

"Khmm, God of Fire, I Thomas use this altar before me as sacrifice with desire of you granting me small wish to help in killing great foe whom I will fight in near time."
I close eyes and keep my head down.

Just as I wonder if it will work, I sense terrifying presence descending.

As if God himself focused his eyes onto mortal realm.

And then I hear.

"Let it be mortal, while fighting your foe, I will bless you with my fire. Your weapon will be granted a glimpse of my power to help you burn your enemies, after that it shall become ashes. Good luck..."

Said the existence in a monotone voice as if indifferent about mortal realm.

God of Fire graced you with his blessing, cannot offer sacrifices for 1 month.

Huh? So I can only obtain blessing once per month? Well, I've more important matters to do right now.

Near me I can see my spear vibrating faintly while giving out red light near the tip.

I focus on it.

Wooden Spear with Iron Tip Blessed with Essence of Fire God

Spear that had been granted glimpse of true power, it won't take long before it burns to ashes because of mighty energy emanating from it.

Great! Now preparations are done.

I return to Monic and Chief.

~~~~

Stepping into that room I see them looking excitedly at two identical amulets.

"Hello, what are those amulets?" I ask while coming closer.

Only now they realize I'm back.

"Well we rested and eaten some sandwiches so We thought about looking trough the shop." Chief says.

"We both had more than 50c so it was enough to buy this." He shows me amulet.

"It's 'Amulet of Lesser Mage' It helps us keep our consciousness even if we use all mental energy we can, then we can just sit and rest while being able to retreat or hide from enemies." Explains Chief while grinning.

"It's really useful! Not mentioning it looks nice." Says Monic while wearing it on neck.

"Okay since you seem ready let's start."

I turn to First.

"Take these arrows and use them if needed, kill injured goblins from the window or those who try to flee from Boss, after thinning goblins and injuring Troll I will attack and you switch to this enchanted bow and support me in dealing damage."

"Second and Third will circle from sides while stabbing and keeping safe distance from Troll."

"Monic and Chief, you will cast Fire walls to the sides of Troll, leaving place for goblins and me to pin him."

"Then you attack Troll and goblins if they try to attack me in vulnerable time."

"Understood?" I ask.

"Yes/Okay got it." 

First and my helpers go to the window while being vigilant and awaiting the Troll with me.

I leave house with two brothers.

~~~~

We take route downwards the side road and arrive at the main road, we keep going and when arriving outside bridge we turn right( the opposite direction of main road, it's reverse perspective from when he arrived here.).

That side road is going slightly upwards where you can see houses on both sides.

It then curves to the right when it fuses in the forest with the road from my acquaintance house.

From that very forest we will go towards his house and  carefully lure the Troll while looking if someone is alive.

Brothers will use higher left ground to quietly move ahead of me while being out of Boss view when I will be running with boss behind me.

I think about hitting him with Dark bolt and looking at the damage it does.

Maybe shooting it's leg will slow it down even a little.

I hope it will go as planned.

~~~~

While we go upwards we kill any wandering goblins we spot.

Well, it was just a few really.

But when we arrive at the forest I strangely think something is off.

After reaching halfway to the forest the goblin crude camps and fires were abandoned.

There weren't any blood. The only other strange thing I spotted was some blood in one spot near river, because grass changed colors.

Are there any other monsters in the river? I wonder.

Not that I can do anything about that.

13