Chapter 12
233 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking trough the forest we didn't discover any new monster.

After walking for some time we reached place where road fused.

Finally we walked downwards toward my acquaintance household.

"No sight of troll for now, he probably lurks around there,  since his house is the farthest up the road."

~~~~

While being vigilant I start to see the outline of the house.

Nothing seems unusual here,  as if there weren't any monsters.

Just as if a certain big monster instantly dominated this place.

I leave my undead to wait for me for now while I sneak into the courtyard.

Creeaak.

Rusty fence door opens dangerously loud, but after a while of waiting and observing my surroundings nothing happens, I walk inside.

The house looks intact obviously but the courtyard is wrecked.

Broken things, some wood, and body parts here and there, probably parts of goblins offerings.

It's evidence that Troll lives here, but isn't home at the moment.

Using this occasion I enter the house.

"Hello?" I shout.

No answer.

I explore the rooms and take some food from kitchen. My main goal aside from looking for survivors is finding high quality military knife that my acquaintance owns, last time I saw it, it looked sharp and deadly.

it's almost like short sword, about 40-50cm in length.

However even after rummaging throughout the house I sadly fail to find it.

"Better leave."

Just as I was preparing to leave I hear him.

''ROAAR!"

"What a scary voice." I carefully walk to the window and see him.

Terrifying as ever. Looks like he returned from gathering offerings from goblins. 

He looks satisfied while munching something while making cracking noises, probably from bones breaking.

In his hands he carries corpses of men and women alike. After throwing his food near his other stuff he lays.

Is he going to sleep? 

~~~~

After few minutes of patient waiting I leave the house quietly and arrive on the road.

"No enemies in sight. Time to start luring him to the pre planned battlefield."

I turn to direction of the troll and am about to execute my plan when I hear unexpected noise.

"Shkriee!" Hearing familiar voice I try to hide but I was discovered beforehand.

In not too far distance I can see about 10 goblins charging madly at me while some wounded looking one is spewing I can only interpret as curses at me.

"Shariek! Shurika rek vor!"

Looks like they don't know who lives here. I better kill them fast and hide.

"Dark bolt." I whisper.

Nine to go, I can see Second and Third running on the side to help me.

Three vs nine.

We clash. I punch the head of the nearest goblin while dodging spears stabbing at me.

My spear is binded on my back since it's especially blessed for the troll fight.

Eight to go, I dodge more spears while brothers kill two more goblins.

Six to go, I kick goblin in the chest sending him flying while spears start to overwhelm me.

Brothers engage two goblins, now only three are facing me, one of them is that wounded goblin.

"Dark bolt." I kill another one. The other two goblins stab me from sides.

I jump high and kick the healthy one in the face.

"Shkrieer!" Brothers killed their opponent's, this goblin is last.

It backs away slowly, as I look at him I see that he has broken arrow stabbed near his back.

"So it's you! Vengeful fucker." I charge to kill him.

As he is wounded he cannot outrun or even win, he dies from cracked skull.

Just before he died he released ear piercing scream.

"Shkriiiieeeeee." 

Too loud you bitch! I try to close it's mouth but it's too late.

"Roaaar!"

"Aah, fuck."

I see troll leaving the courtyard, he then charges at us.

Let's just run, but before that.

"Dark bolt."

Let's see how it works. I hope he will get wounded.

Swoosh...Slam!

"Roar!" It hit the troll square in the face. I can see some blood dripping from his mouth.

This blow would kill goblin easily now, and he is just lightly injured.

We start running, the troll now angry as ever follows us.

In about 10 minutes we will reach goblin settlement. Let's hope no surprises will appear on the way.

"Roaar" 

Troll slows a bit and while still running he lifts rock weighting about 100kg easily. then it looks at us with cold gaze and throws.

The rock flies with great speed at me, of course I dodge since it's easy.

Then he pick ups another rock and does the same.

Now I must be careful of two rock flying above my head.

"What a rainy day."

Second and Third already speed up ahead of me while keeping themselves out of side in the bushes.

We continue running like that for a while.

That monster is not even tired.

Come to think of it I too am in quite a good condition. Wonders of vitality I presume, huh.

Troll seeing his flying rock tactic didn't work now broken a thin tree and started swinging it just behind me hoping it somehow hits.

After playing mice and cat with it for another few minutes we are near goblin settlement.

In a moment my biggest and hardest fight yet will start.

After being with that Troll for a while I come to understand he really is slow.

His agility is probably about 1.0 or slightly better.

I start to speed up to outrun it.

It roars in fury.

Just around a corner is the battlefield.

I quickly get lost from his sight and leap into the bushes just before goblins can see me.

"Roar!!!" He charges straight while looking for me.

I crouch perfectly still trying to hide my presence.

He runs past me, and finally sees goblin settlement.

"Roar!" He charges in frenzy.

Maybe due to unexhausted anger or mistaking me as goblin since I wore green clothes with a wooden spear, but he charges into them like sharpened blade.

Goblins watch fearfully and confused to why he appeared since it's now time for offering.

But he then crashes into them and immediately uses his tree to swing and crushing pitiful goblin to death.

"Shkrieer!? Sharuk!" Goblin Chief shouts madly to the troll.

But he doesn't listen and continues to kill them.

"Sharuk kih!" Starts shouting his incantations and materializes ice arrows to attack.

He points at the Mountain Troll and shouts. "Shriak vok!" It probably means 'attack'.

All of the goblins mobilise and charge at the troll.

Battle of 'Where two are fighting, the third one wins'.

15