Chapter 16
208 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author note: One adventure ends, but another begins!

While eating we ease the mood a bit by random small talk before discussion about future.

"So what do you guys are going to do now? Since Mountain Troll is dead I guess there isn't any deadly monster in our village for now." I start our meeting.

"Well, I and Monic have talked about this already, when you were asleep after the fight." Chief explains.

"And?" 

"Since we both are quite old now so we think it's good to become partners who can stand ground in this reality." He continues.

"Yes! Thanks to you we gained power and we are now able to keep ourselves alive." Monic adds.

"That's good and all, so you want to leave in few days or something?" I ask.

"We will explore the whole village and maybe rescue some of people hiding. Then help them gain power and make our way to city of Oshen, checking how it is there."

"That's our plan." Monic finishes.

"Looking at you and your actions Thomas I guess you won't stay long here I presume?" Chief gazes at me.

"That's right, after I do some minor stuff I will travel by main road to the next village between us and the city. I hope you will take care of my house the time you're here." 

"Well of course!" They agree.

"Thomas" Chief states.

"Hmm?"

"I was thinking that we don't have melee support, what do you think if I bought death affinity and Rise skeleton spell?" He questions.

"Well if you have money and can make them stronger somewhat, since they will have only 20% of their strength, If you both learn this spell and rise 6 skeletons then I guess it will be of help to an extent."

"Extent? What do you mean." They look puzzled.

"Those skeletons will be weak as hell, maybe after few levels you force them to upgrade they can become weak archers, but it won't save you if you don't take time always to share the experience because people now will get stronger faster than these undead." I explain.

"I think you can do it but don't be overconfident in them." I finish.

"Okay Thomas, thanks for your advice." Chief looks around.

"Can we spend some time here? We are tired after all that. We will leave after some good sleep."

"Think nothing of it. Take your time to sleep, I will be going outside for some time in a moment." I walk to other room.

"Thank you." I hear their voice behind my back.

~~~~

In other room.

So... What plan do I have?

First thing to do in a moment will be checking river coast for that Direwolf pack leader, I hope he has some good stuff.

The other will be buying new items.

Sigh.

Just as I have become rich I will fall into poverty again.

I check interesting me items.

Orb of Intelligence 5s

Grants undead intelligence/self-awareness. Undead keeps his memory of no-intelligence past, works only on weak undead, stronger undead starting from level 50 start forming intelligence little by little.

Orb granting consciousness for First

Reinforced Oak Longbow 1s

Excellent longbow made using Oak tree and reinforcing it with cheap magic infused metal. Needs high strength to use, arrows shot from this bow will have great damage compared to normal longbows.

And his reward for hard work.

Simple Steel Spear 25c

Simple spear made by using steel, it's hard, sharp and pointy.

Simple weapon is all I need, and cheap too.

Fine Steel Longsword 40c

Longsword made of steel, fine craftsmanship. Sharper and harder than most you ever saw.

What a ridiculous description, Second will love this sword... if he ever gains intelligence, heh.
Now, I need good reward for Third, some armor to protect his bones, preferably helmet and breastplate, since they are vulnerable.

Iron Chainmail 50c

Simple Chainmail made of iron, good for protecting chest.

It would be difficult for Third to wear that...but I have a good idea.
Next.

Steel Spangen Helmet 25c

Helmet made of steel, covers whole head, very good protection.

Kuh...haha
Just what I want, fucking head covering helmet. Perfect.
This shopping spree left me with almost nothing. But never mind. I turn my head.

"Third come here for a sec." I wave my hand.

Step, step, step.

I take my clothes from the wardrobe and carefully make him wear trousers with suspenders help, next he wears shirt covering his ribcage, I help him with blouse and some old boots.

"Perfect, you look like a human with skull, and bony hands." I find gloves for his hands and here it is.

"Wear this chainmail now and your new helmet. they should somehow fit you." I give him these.

And now before me stands chainmailed man wearing helmet like knight, with shield and spear in hand. If I meet him randomly I wouldn't even know that he is skeleton.

"If we meet some people you will pose as mute neighbor."

Now I turn to Second.

"Second, take this sword, from now on you will be second main attacker. I am the first main attacker, Third poses as knight and acts like guardian."

"Finally First. Come closer my most useful subordinate." I hold Orb of Intelligence.

Pointing at him with it I shout.

"Gain intelligence, become the FIRST ever! Become Skeleton THE FIRST!" I activate the orb with great excitement as shining light merges with First body, I can see his body becoming translucent for a sec, and finally faint light comes burning from his dead before eye sockets.

"I exist?" He says, then turns his gaze at me as he kneels with great vigor.

"Lord! Thank you for granting me this possibility! My loyalty is eternal as eternal is your greatness!" He lowers his head.

I almost tear up. I reach out my hand and gently rest it on his shoulder.

"Welcome to my world, welcome to existence. Let the world know the name of First!" I clench my hand while gazing far off.

"Yes Lord!" He stands up.

I take the bow from the bed.

"This is your birthday, and your gift from me shall be this! Use it to kill my enemies."

I hand it to him with great honor.

"Thank you Lord!" He kneels again.

"This matter is done now, the last thing is this!" I take out Troll Soul!

"Your strength shall be mine, activate." faint blue light shines enveloping me.

After a moment my head clears like never before.

As strong as ever we set off to explore the unknown of river beach!

12