Chapter 17
214 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We left my home and walk downwards the road the hill my block is situated at.

"So, First. You remember everything from before?" I ask while we walk.

"Yes Lord, I remember the fights, walking, shooting, killing. Most memorable was me shooting those goblins down from the back. Now with this new bow, even greater enemies will fall." He then looks at two other skeletons.

"What about these two? They have my shortbow and enchanted bow." Questions First.

"We need more support from archers, now that Second and Third plus that new spear skeleton will be in close combat. Everyone while have some backing aside from me."

"I will just attack on occasion with magic and charge if it's needed." I then stop.

"Now that we have whole 6 of you sharing my 30% experience it's no good."

"You First and Third will be cut from my experience sharing. Kill enemies individually and grow stronger."

Skeleton First and Skeleton Third has been cut off from experience!
They must now individually kill enemies while earning 50% experience from kills until user shares experience with them again!

As window appears before me I frown. 50%, is it to made to suppress my power, so I'm not too strong?

"Ah, by the way, can you upgrade your status yourself?" This is very important question. If I can send him with some other undead to kill monsters he could be independent while growing stronger.

"That should be possible Lord. How do you wish for me to upgrade my status?" He nods.

"You should bring your vitality up to become tougher, and then strength so you can kill even stronger enemies with your arrows."

"Yes Lord." We start walking again.

After some time we arrive near the bridge, and there appear 7 wolves.

"Hmm, there are more and more of them, let's kill that pack leader already."

"Okay let's see how I fare with me strength for now."

"First and archers support me, I'm going alone." I then charge.

"5.0 spirit, let's see how it goes. Dark bolt x2"

As I cast I can see quite large ball of dark energy forming, these look really evil. 

These two bolts fly while splitting the air giving two wolves no chance to dodge.

Boom!

They crash into them with great strength crushing them into the ground and killing them.

Howl!

Wolves seeing they two comrades dead start charging angrily.

Arrows fly as one is head shoot splendidly, arrow directly pierces wolf head and continues hitting the ground.

What crazy attack.

The other wolf is pierced by two arrows from the new skeletons but not so accurately and is able to keep pouncing at me.

Three of them close in and ferociously leap at me with their mouths open ready to rip my neck off!

"Dark bolt." I make surprise attack and kill the one leaping in the middle while jumping too to meet the right one!

Roar!

I pierce mouth of the wolf just before it reaches me.

The left wolf uses this chances to go for my leg.

But before it does it I shift my center of gravity and make kick with my reinforced boots!

Crack!

I kick it's head crushing it's skull directly while blood and brain matter splatters my leg.

"Ugh, I better wash it." I jump away.

"Congratulations on killing those wolfs Lord." Praises First.

"Well, they were weak 3 level. That pack leader should be quite stronger."

I the run off to the side of river while telling my undead to shoot anything if there are enemies in water.

I then carefully place my leg in water and wash all that blood and flesh away.

It slips from my clothes while going on steadily with the river flow.

After washing I return and we set off on the side road once again. Our target river beach.

~~~~

POV change:

The moment Thomas charge at the 7 wolf group.

In the bushes near the forest, pair of eyes are observing the massacre with murdering gaze.

Grrr! Grrr.

There goes angry noise of a fur covered being, precisely speaking the past mentioned pack leader.

It looks completely different than normal Direwolf, his sharp fangs, it's deadly claws, thick fur resembling metal, black in color as the night, perfect hunter that has also intelligent head on it's shoulders.

When his wolves started dying just after the counting he was informed that human was killing them.

But then it stopped for a time, time passed and as Thomas returned to his home one of wolves scouting gave his report with a bark.

Pack leader knew that since he returned that human will start killing them again.

So he sent 7 of his wolves to test strength of that human.

It  couldn't believe it's  eyes when he saw that massacre, that human strength was even stronger than itself a bit in close combat, not mentioning this black ball coming from his body and killing his wolves.

And there are also those undead beings, filthy bones moving using witchcraft!

Grrr!

One of that bow wielding skeleton is strong too, that arrow was strong. I must be cautious of it.

I must prepare, for them, Kill them, Rip them to shreds!

That meat will become my food, and his bones will become our snacks.

Foolish human, you will meet your end when you see me next time.

Wolf pack leader then silently returns to the beach by the forest with company of two bigger strong looking wolves by his side.

~~~~

POV returns to Thomas:

"Hmm? What was that?" I look at the forest.

I think I saw something, or maybe not? Maybe my 5.0 spirit increased my perception so much I saw some squirrel or something?

Let's keep moving, better not stay in one place too long here.

~~~~

Continuing our journey we didn't meet any more Direwolves. I should be careful.

River by my side is still like nothing ever changed these past few days. 

After a moment we almost reach the beach.

I crouch near a tree that hides us and start giving orders.

"Okay First, you take those 2 archers and stand by the side of the river on that small hill nearby." I point at it, the beach of the river is slowly degrading in height as to steadily make place for water, the place is surrounded by hills, and forest is face to face with river with beach in between.

 If there was sneak attack I won't dare leave my undead too close to the forest.

"New spearman and Second shall keep you safe, Third will come with me and takes and side enemy we meet."

"First, you shoot any stronger looking monster, and make sure to keep them at distance from you."

"Yes Lord, it shall be done. But I suggest you become careful with only one skeleton protecting you nearby." He said with worry.

"Don't worry, I can outrun them if needed, and my barrage of stronger dark bolts can one shot ordinary wolf."

I carefully peek my head from hiding and observe the beach. 

"Nothing as of yet...No I see, lone wolf walking from other opposite direction."

"It's coming to river, probably to drink water. But maybe it's a bait."

I point at that Direwofl.

"Kill that wolf First."

Twang

Arrows leaves the bowstring and kills the wolf almost instantly.

Howl!!! Howl!!!

Next thing I hear is ferocious howl of large amount of wolves.

They start running at our group from direction wolf was.

"Go to that hill already!" I urge.

"At once Lord!" He runs off with other skeletons.

I with Third walk  in their charge direction with weapons ready.

The approximate number of wolves is about 30.

Twang

Howl!

My mistake, it's 29.

"It's a bit too much right now. Dark bolt." I focus and start my barrage.

"Dark bolt."

"Dark bolt."

"Dark bolt."

"Dark bolt."

"Dark bolt."

"Dark bolt."

"Dark bolt."

"Dark bolt."

After 9 balls of darkness I feel a bit tired, but okay. Rest of my mental energy I will leave for emergency.

Boom! Crash! Rip! Slam!

"Howl..." Pitiful cry arises by 9 dying wolves.

The remaining 20 charge with an even greater speed.

Arrows start flying here and there then.

More die.

They are 30 meters from us.

I tense my muscles while Third points his spear at them ready to attack at any moment.

When they finally reached us, the 12 remaining split up and 5 ran off to deal with First.

I hope they can deal with this threat.

Looking side at Third I think that he can probably hold 2 or even three himself.

So I have a bit of work to be done.

Wolves leap at us two wanting to kill us on the spot.

Stab!

Third pierces one while backing.

I charge under flying wolf and dodging claw at my neck pierce the chest.

Two dead, 5 more to go.

Two started attacking Third who dodges while stabbing, however wolves cautiously avoid his spear.

I stay on the move dodging their claws and fangs with my superior speed.

Let's try a feint, I dodge the slash of claws and prepare to pierce the owner.

One of the wolves preparing to attack takes this chances and leaps behind me.

Ducking while spinning on my toe I slam the other tip of my spear into the surprised wolf.

Slam...crack.

Skull shattered it falls on the ground, but I don't leave the other chance at counter attack.

Next instant I pierce the previous wolf and finally kick last wolf to death.

Looking away I see Third made many holes in his opponents killing them.

Turning then to the hill I see that new skeleton and Second are in pinch.

"Third aid them." I order while sitting to rest even for a moment because this wasn't the end.

The moment I was done with my wolves I heard more howls, lesser in number, however with lower tone making them monstrous.

Rustle...Rustle.

Grrr...Grrr...Grrr

As Third and company deals with remaining wolves I gaze at the forest from where I can see strange wolf walking out.

10