Chapter 18
200 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author note: Slightly shorter chapter, I felt the next events should be in chapter 19.

Seeing this strange black wolf with two other with similar looks ones at sides there's only one thing I can think of, the Direwolf pack leader.

Covered with black metallic looking fur, deadly claws and fangs, it speaks itself about it's strength.

It slowly steps and walks cautiously towards us. 

I focus and check them.

Iron Fur Direwolf Pack Leader

Level 12

Direwolf leading it's own pack, higher intelligence, iron furred variant. good defense.

 

Iron Fur Direwolf

Level 8

Variant of Direwolf, greater defense thanks to metallic like fur.

Looks like final battle is coming. I slightly tilt my head stealing glance if First finished his fight.

"Good." I say as I slowly take fighting stance.

This will be a bit dangerous. I point in front.

"Third, move swiftly these bodies in front of us, and make simple cover." Thi will force them to take our sides or jumping above it, but it leaves them open to my attack.

That leader seeing Third touching dead wolves makes gurgling sounds indicating his anger.

After a moment we are covered from the front and I stand in the middle behind it and Third will kill anything from right side.

He will have support of First and co.

The wolf group is closer and closer. I step a bit on the cover of corpses and make my attack first surprising them.

"Dark bolt!"

"Dark bolt!"

"Dark bolt!"

"Dark bolt!"

"Dark bolt!"

I kill five wolves from right side to make it easier, my mental energy will make me unconscious in about 5-6 more spells.

Just before they charge madly I access new skeletons status and upgrade their status overally.

Direwolf pack leader and it's two bodyguards are just around a corner.

I swiftly cast three more spells, initiating the clash.

"Curse of Agility! x3" Slowing them down I ready to pierce the first wolf who avoids the cover and rushes from the left.

Crash! I hear from behind me that Third and the other have started fighting, I hope they will manage themselves.

Finally I see wolf, just as it sees me it opens it's mouth to rip me with sharp fangs.

In spike of deadly moment I keep my calm mind thanks to high spirit and mercilessly attack it's throat!

Stab!

My spear arrives faster striking and killing it.

"One done, many more to go." I turn behind to check the situation after fast clash.

Stab! Crash!

Third holds his own and kills one wolf while other strikes against his shield.

Turning further right I see First and archers sniping wolves while Second and another spear skeleton fight to keep 3 wolves at bay.

After an instant First pierces head of one of wolves besieging and loads another arrow not stopping.

Roar!

I turn swiftly and see Wolf leader finally making a move against me.

Thud!

I then hear what supposedly is one of the bodyguards striking Third.

Twang!

And just next instant voice of bowstring being released.

"Gruurglu!" Panicking cry escapes wolf as it becomes seriously wounded.

But not keeping me in suspension, one of body guards jumps above to ambush me!

Wolf leader then strikes from the left.

In crisis I hit ground with my spear while jumping, I then kick the wolf bodyguard before it reacts.

"Argh!" Even with my boots, my feet is in pain, what a hard fur!

No more time. As I'm above I can see at the end of my field of view, wolf leader crashes under me and hits my spear.

I loose hold of it and it flies away.

"Damn!" I curse.

While still being above I cast Dark bolt spell which makes a hole in Direwolf pack leader back but not enough from killing it, then falling at it. Where the knocked off bodyguard by me leaps to end my life.

Without a weapon, I can only send another Dark bolt.

But it anticipated that and dodges.

I manage to stand up to meet it, as I cannot escape.

Leap!

Wolf bodyguard leaps and strikes the hand I used to block the claw.

Blood spills as my flesh is sliced apart, but thankfully my bones hold on.

It crashes into me and covers me with it's body ready to bite my neck.

Powerless I can only use my other hand to block.

Stab!

"Grugh!" Just as my hand was blocking, arrow flies and beautifully strikes the head, piercing the brain!

 After deadly moment fades, my mind remembers wounded arm.

"Aaaaah!" I scream and faint.

~~~~

3rd POV

From side of Thomas you can hear clacking footsteps.

11