Chapter 20
199 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author note: At last, chapter 20 is out, I thank you all for reading my novel. 

"Ugh." I open my eyes and slowly get up, as sharp pain is coming from my arms.

I remember, the wolf bodyguard used his claws on me.

Looking at my arms I can see some bandages I took with me, tied to my wounds. I wouldn't say it was done nicely.

The only one who could do that was First I guess. I turn my look around and find him with my eyes.

He notices me and comes closer.

"Are you okay my Lord? I used your medical items to help you." He looks at my arms.

So it really was him.

"Thank you for that. I'm fine for now." I smile.

It was good choice granting him sentience.

I then again look at my arms and start slowly and carefully untying the bandages, under the bandages I can see that the sliced meat is somehow connected with white skin like thing.

It's thanks to my vitality I assume, It healed somewhat, but only to the level where it's enough to not amputate it. It should take few days with that speed. I should use my undead and level up some and increase my vitality.

I remember that there was in the shop amulet of regeneration or something, I should buy it too, the price was 2 silver if I'm not mistaken.

I try to stand.

"Let me help you Lord." With First help I stand and take better look at the recent battlefield.

"So we killed all of them, good." I then look at wolf near me, it's that leader.

I don't see any items.

Sigh.

First noticing my gaze spoke.

"You should look at this Lord! It belonged to that thing." He gives me a wooden ring.

Stained with blood, and with some inscriptions on it.

I focus my gaze to check it.

Ring of The Forest Sage.

Ring faintly infused with Forest Sage wisdom, slightly increases intelligence and gives +0.5 Spirit.

"Hmm, better this than nothing, but I wonder who is Forest Sage. Some lone hermit?"

I wear it and my mind clears once again, good feeling. 

"So, First, you leveled up, good work." I say as I check my undead statuses.

"It's still far from you Lord." 

I then upgrade status of other skeletons.
 

Status Window

Name: Thomas

Level: 2  Class: Skeleton Swordsman  Race: Skeleton

Strength: 2.2  Agility: 1.3

Vitality: 1.6  Spirit: 1.2

Bonus Attributes:

Tough Body +1 Strength and Vitality

Skeleton Swordsman +0.5 Strength

 

Status Window

Name: Third

Level: 6  Class: Skeleton Spearman  Race: Skeleton

Strength: 1.5  Agility: 1.6

Vitality: 1.6  Spirit: 1.2

Bonus Attributes:

Skeleton Spearman +0.5 strength

Third killed some enemies and managed to level up, and Second with other skeletons got to level two using my shared experience.

I am not far from leveling I guess, after killing those wolves.

"Let's return home." We walk after checking equipment. First by the way volunteered to carry my spear for now since my arms are unusable at the moment.

~~~~

After we got home I saw Monic and Chief sleeping in my living room. I myself sat on my bed and ordered skeleton to bring me antibiotic and pain killers with new bandage.

After some instructing First learned how to properly apply bandage.

Then they bring me some food and water, after that I sat and looked at the shop for useful things.

I have about 1s and 50s

Let's look.

Ring of Recovery 2s

Increases wound recovery of the body by equivalent of 1 vitality.

Hmm, so it was Ring of Recovery not Amulet of Regeneration, ah my shitty memory.

It's too expensive right now, what about other things?

I turn my gaze to First.

"First, do you need anything? I have some money right now."

"Yes my Lord, the supply of our arrows was getting thin because of them breaking, I hope you can give us some."

"Okay, here."  I buy 2 quivers for other archers, one stack of 20x Crude Arrows.

"You have good bow so I will get some better arrows for you."

Hmm.

Fine Arrows x20 10c

Finely crafted arrows, greater penetration, sturdy.

I give him the arrows.

Well, let's buy him one thing more.

Steel Dagger 7c

Sharp sturdy dagger, great for simple defense.

"Use this Dagger if some monster gets closer to you." I hand it to him.

"Thank you Lord!" He kneels.

One thing is done, but my money fell to 1s 18c.

Let's look at spells for Medium Death Mastery.

Aura of Fear 1s

Acid Bolt 5s

Lesser Dominate Undead 10s

Lesser Bone Shift 10s

Lesser Mana Shield 20s

Grant Magic/Cultivation 50s

I see some cool names, probably good spells, but look at these prices!

The only one I can afford is Aura of Fear, let's just buy all spells in the future.

I check my new spell.

Aura of Fear

Generates Aura causing fear in beings chosen by user, aura diameter is 2 meters. The strength of the aura is dependent on user spirit stats. After using the spell will maintain the effect until turned off or expenditure of mental energy.

This could help if I meet some people later, or when fighting, in critical moment it can make enemy hesitate to attack me.

I Walk to the room where Monic and Chief is and cast the spell near them.

In their sleep they make a bit stiff expressions. It probably works less if enemy is asleep or has high spirit.

I return to my room.

"First do you feel anything?" I ask while standing near him.

"I can feel something but just that." He replies not bothered by my aura at all.

"So it doesn't work on skeletons, well it would be strange if it was working. heh."

Okay, 18c left, let's spend it.

Iron Spangen Helmet 15c

Helmet made of iron, covers whole head, good protection.

I have my own military bullet proof helmet, so this goes to First.

"Take this First and wear on your skull. It should protect you like Third, although a bit less."

"Yes Lord." He takes it and after some turning and shaking he manages to fit it.

"It fits Lord, Thank you for your generosity." He then takes my spear and pokes it a bit to test the hardness.

"It's hard, I should be safe Lord."

"Okay, you all have your new and old equipment now. I'm still tired after the fight and my arms must heal, so I'm going to sleep and you First take other brothers and go kill some monsters, but don't be reckless, fight small groups, and if you see any big group then go elsewhere and when you return just tell me."

"We will hunt hard Lord, let's go brothers." He signals to them to take their stuff and walks out of the house.

"I hope you will all grow stronger as I sleep. Good luck." I then slide under my cover and resting head on the pillow I drift to healthy sleep.

15