Chapter 21
201 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We left the house of Lord and set off to hunt monsters.

"It's first mission given by Lord, let's do it splendidly!"

I should give positions to brothers like Lord does.

"Third, Second and the last spearman will protect us from outside while I and two other archers will support from inside the circle."

We then start patrolling the courtyard as our first place in our simple formation.

~~~~

After a bit of walking we spot our first enemy, boar from whose bones I was created.

There is 2 of them sniffing the ground, they haven't seen us as of yet.

Let's make my other archer brothers a bit stronger.

"Shoot them good." I signal.

Twang!
Twang!

"Gurgle??"

The arrows left the bowstring and flew accurately hitting the bodies of boars but it wasn't enough to kill them.

"Once again."

Twang!
Twang!

"Whii."

"Good work. Both dead, let's move."

~~~~

After another small group of boars we killed near the forest, we started walking by the road towards the bridge.

"That pack leader wolf and his pack was killed, but perhaps there are some stray off wolves, we will kill them on the spot."

Walking steadily I start observing the environment of Lord village.

On the left side of the road leading to the bridge I can see forest growing on a hill.

Right side of the road is plain with few trees and bushes, somewhat further on the right is a house, just beside the point where our road is going downhill.

We didn't check it last time with Lord, as it's just near the bridge let's see what's inside.

We walk trough the fence door and step into the courtyard, I can see some wood prepared for burning to warm the house.

There is some other household things here and there left around.

Heading deeper inside we see door leading into the house.

And in front of the door We can see some fight.

Bark! Grrr!
"Fuck off you shit monster!!!"

There is some human with an animal I think called dog, defending the entry against something.

I don't have ability of my Lord to check what those monsters are called, but just from looking I can see it's dangerous.

Furred thing standing on two legs, equipped with claws, It reaches 2 meters in height and about 1.5 in width. It's head is not covered in fur and leaves just white skin. It has three eyes, each looking in different direction.

It's mouth is open, where I can see small teeth grinding, and tongue wriggling waiting for prey.

Supported by it's thick legs, and thin arms, it's standing there taking hits and counter attacking with it's claws.

Slam!

After being hit in the head with a stick the monster looks a bit dizzy.

"Rawr!" Dog seeing opportunity leaps to bite it in the arm.

"Shakey! Don't attack it alone! It's too dangerous."

"Roawr!" The monster swings his arms madly to protect himself.

But the dog evades the claw and retreats after leaving wound on the arm.

I signal Third and Second to attack it from sides.

I load arrow on my new bow and shoot it when it swings it's claws.

Twang!

"Groawrr!" My arrow penetrates it's chest, but it paid the wound no heed as it's suddenly turning to me.

"Roar!" It starts to charge, but the two brothers intercept it from their positions.

Suddenly beings attacked from two sides it retreats and then again madly charges but this time at no shield wielding Second.

"Evade that!" I shout.

But Second just readies his sword and then with all his might strikes the monster, as if he want to slice to halves!

Crash!

Both of them strike at same time, sword slashes the head with difficulty but stops after centimeter.

The claw sweeps at Second arm breaking it.

I signal to my archers to start attacking.

I myself load another arrow while Third arrives and starts stabbing the monster from behind.
Twang!
Twang!
Twang!
Stab!

Our arrows leave the bowstrings as Third pierces the leg of the monster.

"Roawrr." It cries painfully but keeps going after Second.

"No choice, let's try fire." I take enchanted bow from other archer and attack with it!

Faint light comes out as the arrow arrives and pierces the monster head.

"Rooa..r..r.." The monster wanted to keep his charge but the time for it's life ended as the arrow burns the brain while producing smoke.

Ah, I leveled up. Good.

I update my stats swiftly.

Status Window

Name: First

Level: 9  Class: Skeleton Archer  Race: Skeleton

Strength: 2.0  Agility: 2.0

Vitality: 1.9  Spirit: 1.2

Bonus Attributes:

Skeleton Archer +0.5 agility

After that I turn my gaze to the human and dog duo.

"Hello?" I greet friendly.

"S-speaking monster?!" He looks cautiously.

"I'm not monster, I'm First. Who are you?" I lower my bow to show I'm not enemy.

"Skeleton! Even if you helped and killed that monster laying there, I don't want you here!" 

Bark!

"Okay, but don't think us killing that monster will spare you from more knocking on your door."

"I get it, now get the hell out!" He rises his stick to visualize his wish.

Grrr!

"Okay, let's go guys."

But just as I gather my brothers, Third comes out from a place where the man didn't see him.

"Huh? Human? Hey who are you? Are you from this village?" He asks while looking at Third.

Third looks at him with indifference. He isn't sentient so he has no idea what's going on.

"That person isn't human." I reply.

"What? Then what? Another skeleton?" He looks puzzled.

"Yes, now you have your answer, let's go brothers." I turn and start walking.

"What the hell, even walking bones are now trying to look human."

Looks like my Lord idea was good, that man thought Third was human, I should tell Lord after we finish the hunt.

13