Chapter 22
209 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We moved to the bridge after encounter with that human.

The bridge area looks somewhat desolate now, I don't see any wolves or goblins.

"Let's go by the main road and towards the store, maybe we will meet some monsters there."

During the journey we met some wandering goblin parties, but nothing big.

Thanks to changing attackers, the archers leveled up to 3rd level, and second to 4th while the other skeleton spearman, Third and me refrained from killing.

After those small fights we arrived at the store - bus stop plaza, the goblin village we with Lord and the other two humans destroyed was somewhat repaired.

I can see new goblin chief bossing around his goblins.

Their new population is smaller than last time so it shouldn't be dangerous.

I take two archers and spearman to take position while Second and Third will breakthrough to the Chief as we support them.

As my brothers are in place I load the arrow that will start the fight.

Waiting for moment when goblin chief is turning his back to me I maximize my strength and release it.

Twang!

Arrow flies to the unsuspecting chief head.

I hope to kill him with this, or at least injure him.

I see goblin turning to arrow direction, he must have percepted it with high spirit, but it was too late.

Arrow pierced straight trough the eye to the brain!

He wasn't even able to make sound as the life fleed from him.

I guess Third and Second just need now to attack them carefully with small retreats.

Goblins seeing their new leader drop dead become chaotic.

Thanks to that after all of us attack, they posed no challenge.

Arrows flied and killed mercilessly, they couldn't even come close for the spearman protecting us to intervene.

We gather in the middle of the corpse field as I check how they fared.

I leveled up to 10 while Third got 7, Second rose to 5 and the rest too rose a bit.

I quickly upgraded my stats and then walked to check Chief body.

After looking, he hadn't left anything worthy.

I look at the road continuing further.

"That's the land we haven't explored yet." I look at my brothers, 

"Let's go brothers, towards the unknown." I check the sun position in the sky if we have much time.

It's in the middle of the sky, so we can explore easily.

Continuing the walk we move where by the sides I can see some other houses, there's small park with pond on the left. 

I glance there for a second.

"Hmm?"

There's someone there?

I can see hand waving towards us?

"Third, go at the frond, you will pose as human, I will speak from behind you."

As we move closer we hear the person standing there shouting.

"Hey! You are not monsters, aside from skeletons."

"We are not, who are you?" I say while standing just behind Third.

Looking above the shoulder of my brother I can see the human holding a sword and some pieces of chest armor.

"Man, nice clothes with armor, you look like a neighbor crusader with this get up! Hahah." He smiles.

"I'm Roderick, You should remember me if you are from Wostnik, that store not far from there is mine."

"May I know who you are?"

"I'm ...John" I say while making up the name.

"Hmm, okay 'John'. I haven't seen you these past few days, are you from south of the village?"

"Yes, we killed our way here trough the goblins."

"You killed that new village of goblins? You're strong." He then looks at the skeletons.

"That necromancer class is quite nice I see. Did you kill the village from before as well?" 

"I saw dead bodies some time ago there."

"That was us. So Roderick, you are a player, since you know I'm necromancer."

"Well, no shit I do, anyone who has undead by their side would be necromancer I guess, not just player from this God damn game."

"What is your class?" I should gather some information about this human.

"Well, just by look you can see I'm warrior, can't you?" He laughs.

"So where are you going with this band of yours John?"

"Along the main road?" I ask puzzled.

"I wouldn't suggest that, I become player some days ago and hunted goblins here a bit, and then wanted to check if I can leave the village and walk to the city, but to my surprise, I spotted a minotaur, a fuckin minotaur!"

"I don't think I can beat that monster, after I checked it's level was 15 and it was one star local boss monster too." 

"Why not avoid that 'minotaur' and just go to the city?" I ask while vaguely remembering how minotaur looks.

"I don't want to step into the forest just to avoid the minotaur. It would be dangerous." His gaze flickers.

"Thank you for the information. Now if you let me, I will go back." Third turns and starts walking.

"W=wait! Weren't you supposed to help me? We can beat that thing together!" He yells.

"Not interested." I shout as we walk to Lord home,

"I will be waiting here if you change your mind!" He then runs somewhere.

~~~~

"So he didn't agree to help?" Asks man sitting on a chair in dark room.

"No, he walked back towards the bridge, should we force him to help?"

"He will come soon himself, then with his help I will kill that fucking minotaur."

"After that we can kill that John, he will meet his undead on the other side, kuku."

12