Chapter 25
182 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After arriving at the bridge I make my way to the left side road, as when I wanted to lure the Troll, last time I was disturbed by him, but now I have some free time.

Relaxing journey upwards ends with me meeting goblins.

"Dark bolt."
"Dark bolt."
"Dark bolt."
"Dark bolt."

They were hit even if they dodged some.

Now there are 2 corpses with 1 goblin alive.

I slowly walk towards him. I want to test how my Aura of fear fares against weaker monster.

The goblin isn't moving, probably already scared by his two companions death.

I step closer to him and he enters my two meter area.

"Aura of fear." I cast the spell.

"Shkr!"

The goblin shrieks and starts trembling. His face looks even uglier than normal when he is scared.

I take stance as if preparing to kill him.

Tremble.

I can see goblin trying to fight the feeling. He tries to rise his spear to defend himself but after struggling a bit the spear falls to the ground, with goblin...

"No way, he fainted."

I crouch and poke him with the finger.

My finger meets with rough scarred skin. The goblin isn't moving at all aside from breathing, I tap it a bit harder.

Tap!

"Shkrie!" 

Too much force, I forgot I am three times stronger than human.

The tap I give probably gave a feeling like being punched. Goblin eyes snap open and he quickly turns his gaze at me. Cold sweat drips from his face as he crawls away in terror.

I stand up and turn off the Aura of fear.

"Shkr?"

Goblin senses that I'm less scary now and uses this chance to flee madly!

"Shlreee!"

He runs while screaming as if being killed. I watch this scene. 

"Hahahah, what a funny goblin. Okay, run I won't chase you."

With a laugh I continue my walk while reminiscing the funny scene.

Arriving at the forest I change the direction and start walking to my acquaintance house, after meeting the scared goblin I haven't meet any more monsters.

Following swift descent I set foot on the courtyard of acquaintance. No sign of anything being touched after Troll left.

Still the bodies have rot a bit giving foul stench unmasked by the wind. I catch my nose while going into the house.

Inside of the house is as I left it while rummaging. I continue the work I stopped and try to find the high quality knife my acquaintance had.

Hour of looking ends with nothing, I take short break and eat some food that haven't spoiled itself.

Rustle.
Rustle.

As I eat I hear some faint noise from the basement, even with my enhanced hearing it is so faint I barely hear it, it looks like someone is making sure to not be found.

I quietly make my way downstairs, before me is door to the basement. I kick it open.

Crash!

Loud sound escapes the door as it's smashed into smithereens. I walk trough the door frame and start looking.

"Is someone there?"

Rustle.
Rustle.

I can hear panicked movements coming from further inside. Making my way there I still don't see anyone.

"I'm not enemy, I know someone who lives here, his name is Stephan."

Rustle.

Looks like the person is moved but still hesitant to show himself.

"I'm Thomas, and acquaintance of Stephan, if you are his family then don't worry."

Rustle.

As I try to reassure the inhabitant of the basement I finally see something move.

Rustle.

Small stature person appears from behind the carton boxes.

"You know my brother?" Says the kid, it's dark here so I can only guess based on voice, but it's some boy.

"Yes, I know him, now come outside so I can see you."

Although with my perception thanks to spirit numbering whole 5.5 I can see the outline of the boy body, it's still fuzzy.

"Okay." Says the boy while we come outside.

I leave first and then see the boy.

"It's you, I remember you kid." I comment.

"Do you know where everyone is?" He asks while looking down, then looking at me.

"My mom told me to hide in the basement and left outside to look for someone."

So that's how it was, but if his mother left, then the only place where she could end up was Troll stomach or pile of corpses. I didn't see her in the pile, but I didn't look especially at it.

"I didn't meet your mother. Where is Stephan?"

"My brother left week ago by car somewhere for work."

"Is that it." I crouch.

"I don't think you're safe here kid." I point to the direction of the battlefield.

"That way are people who can help you, I will go with you some way so you can meet them."

"But what about my parents?" He asks scared.

"I don't think you will meet them right now."

Sniff. Sniff.

He starts to cry silently, well he is about 5 years old.

"Don't worry, the people there will take care of you. Let's go." I take his hand and we start walking downwards the road.

After short walk We arrive at place where that road connects with another leading way up to new Wostnik.

I was supposed to go this road and explore. I look at the boy and head downwards, better take him all the way.

~~~~

After a moment we see Monic and Chief moving all the corpses on a huge pile to clear the place.

They notice us.

"Hey! Thomas, were you to Troll lair again? Who is this kid?" Monic runs to us and looks at the boy.

"He is acquaintance brother, he was in the basement of his house. His mother left to look for someone and didn't return so I walked him to you, since you want to find survivors."

"But that house was Troll lair, how could mother... I'm sure she is looking for help for the boy now." She crouches and smiles to the boy.

"Hi boy, I'm Monic." She extends her hand.

"I'm Timmy, Miss." He wipes his tears and shakes her hand.

"I will take care of him Thomas, don't worry, I had a kid myself, I know what to do."

"Come Timmy, I will take care of you for the time your mother returns, we will meet Chief of Wostnik, I'm sure you would want to see him, he has a beard and moustache." She laughs.

"Okay, Miss."

He takes her hand.

"I have matters to do so I will be off, let's meet later."

"Okay Thomas, I will take Timmy and Chief and meet you in your house later."

"Ah, probably old man living near me will be coming to my block, so take care of him if you arrive earlier."

I walk off.

11