Chapter 27
178 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"...Whew, I lost them, fuck, there was at least 5 more of them. Good thing though that I leveled up."

When I ran, I of course did it in the opposite direction I came from. I stop then for a moment to upgrade my status.

Status Window

Name: Thomas

Level: 15  Class: Necromancer  Race: Human

Strength: 3.0  Agility: 3.0

Vitality: 4.0  Spirit: 5.5

Bonus Attributes:

Necromancer +1 spirit +1 agility

Troll Body +1 vitality

Money: 1s 24c

 Now then, let's continue exploring other houses.

~~~~

After what I felt like hours of boring looking for survivors I managed to find only two.

I of course told them where to go, and to avoid those Field Beasts, after all this I stood near the entrance to forest where the road was reaching and going downwards, not far from main entrance to Wostnik.

"Should I check how it is there?"

I look at all the trees and vegetation.

"That Roderick said something about forest, let's be careful."

I hold my spear and slowly walk forward, froum outside I didn't saw anything note worthy.

But, while going deeper down the road I started to see some webs... yes, fucking spider webs. The webs were the size of  thin rope.

I got chills just thinking what scary monster did this. From looking up I can see that there are no monsters, for now at least.

I pick up my speed, better leave this place quickly.

~~~~

After eternity of walking I finally see the outside of forest, I don't want to stay here any longer, but I can't just run out, since something or someone could see me there.

Uncomfortably I climb slightly to the hill on the right, since the road is covered from sides by higher grounds.

I then crouch and slowly but steadily come closer to the exit.

While observing outside, I don't see any monsters or people. I sneak forward while observing my front.

"Nothing dangerous, let's leave this fucking forest." I say relieved as I stand up and prepare to leave.

Rustle. Rustle.

"Fuck, I hope I'm hearing things." I look upwards.

Shiver runs down my spine.

Big ball like six eyes, eight legs, black furry body with white cross on the back.

"Fuck why does this happen to me." I slowly step towards the exit as I focus my gaze, the fucking spider is observing me as well.

Cross Spider

Level 6

Spider living in forest, thin legs make it fast but not strong, loves stalking it's prey. Mostly member of bigger group.

"Fortunately it's weak..."

Rustle.
Rustle.Rustle.
Rustle.Rustle.Rustle.

My stiff face tells everything about how I feel, as from distance I hear lots of sounds coming closer.

"No, thank you, I'm out, Dark bolt." I then jolt with max speed out of forest.

~~~~

"Shit! That Forest is now forbidden region for me, fuck this place!"

"I fucking hate spiders, couldn't it be some snake? Well, snakes are not much better, but at least I don't have phobia about them."

I look around.

"Fortunately no one spotted me, let's leave open space."

I run to bushes growing near fence of some house.

"Okay, safe."

I take short break and after that I observe the not that distant entrance of Wostnik.

"Nothing there. Where's that Minotaur boss?" I look around carefully.

Let's change place.

I walk further road in the store direction while crouching.

"Hmm, I see, he was sitting there in the grass." Near the sign with Wostnik name on it is sitting there Minotaur leisurely.

It doesn't move? Is it asleep?

I move a bit closer.

Now that I look It's three meters tall and has bronze fur covering the body, head of a bull with big horns protruding from the skull.

The Minotaur can probably charge and pierce the enemy with these.

But, I see that it has normal hands and all. Does it have a weapon of sort?

Like club, or maybe axe. I move closer yet again to check it.

As I arrive at another bush I can see the Minotaur made slight movement.

It sensed me? I shouldn't provoke it anymore.

Near the boss I can see that it has gripped it's wooden club, capable of attacking at moment notice.

It pretends to be asleep, what a bastard.

Let's just check the level and leave.
Muscular monster with bull head and crude weapon, it's strong and cunning.

Minotaur

Level 15

One Star Local Boss Monster

Muscular monster with bull head and crude weapon, it's strong and cunning.

"By the looks of it, Minotaur should be stronger than that Mountain Troll."

"Heh, even so, I'm stronger than before, with others help I should be able to defeat it, even without sacrificing multitude of goblins at the same time.

I slowly retreat careful to not make sound.

After I distanced myself I breathe a sigh of relief, Now we need to wait for my arms to heal up, I already feel better than before.

I walk by the road while making sure not to be seen.

After some time I was supposed to cross the river and go home, but something happened.

When I was walking I saw suddenly a person.

Is this Roderick, or some other guy? I blend with surroundings and observe him.

From the face I can see it's man beyond 25 year old, wearing skin jacket with jeans trousers, he holds a stick probably cut off from some tree.

He is walking towards house with the fence from earlier, near the forest.

"Hmm."

Is that the base? Quite close to the danger. I follow the guy from long distance.

He stands in front of door and knocks.

Knock. Knock.

Door opens, some other young guy lets him in.

Suspicious bastards, alas I can't sneak there, what would I do if they found me?

I turn back and return home after crossing river.

~~~~

I step inside my apartment.

"Finally home, I need at least another day to heal my wounds."

I sigh as I fall on my bed.

First and co. have still some time before it will be dark outside. I stand up lazily and go to kitchen to grab some food.

Munch. Munch.

"Tasty."

I lick my lips, looks like it will take some time to meet them. 

"Hmm, let's see if there is something which could help me heal."

I open shop and look around.

Ring of Recovery 2s

Increases wound recovery of the body by equivalent of 1 Vitality.

"No health potions, as I guessed, that would be too easy, but the ring is too expensive right now."

I sigh.

"Everything needs money, whew, maybe after they come back I will have enough."

Using spare time I go to sleep hoping my wounds would heal faster.

11