Chapter 28
181 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wheew." I woke up as I hear sounds of someone entering my block with some shouts.

Bark!

"Hey kid, you there?" Shouts come from nearby.

I stand up and open the door looking who it is.

"Here you are! I thought I wouldn't meet you. I followed your advice and packed my things to come here with Shakey."

Bark.

I pat the little doggie.

"Yeah, my neigbour from opposite door won't be coming so you can live there if you want."

Hmm, I myself haven't checked this damn Jeremy apartament.

"Let's go."

I go and open the door. 

Creak.

"Jeremy should have oiled this damn door." I wak inside.

Taking quick glance I don't see anything important. Just normal stuff, I walk to the kitchen to check the food supply.

"Heh, he was fucker but he took care of his food stuff." I say as I opened fridge full of conserves, meat, eggs and other things.

"Alas, some of it is spoiled, the temperature already returned to normal after no electricity."

I turn around to the old man, he is in his fifties, so not that he can't take care of himself, he is quite slender so I don't think he will devour that food in a moment.

"Old man, make yourself at home, just do something with this spoiled food, we don't want here to be smelly, do we?" I laugh.

"Yeah, yeah, thanks again kid. But what about these monsters, even if you said fight, I don't think I can beat that strange monster, even wth Shakey."

Bark.

"There are no Vorghmin here, just some wolves and boars." I point outside.

"Vorghmin?" He asks puzzled.

"That's the name of that monster. Okay, I won't take your time here, do your thing, when my people come I will make you meet them, they are making a survivor camp of Wostnik."

"Oh, okay." 

I return to my room after being woken up. Ah, let's go sleep again, since there is nothing right now to do.

I look briefly at my arms as I lay on the bed. I clench my fist.

"Good. Almost healed by now." I don't feel pain anymore and i can feel that sliced flesh inside is mostly connected.

I go to sleep.

~~~~

"Lord, we are back."

I wake up energized as First wakes me. Looking at them I see no casualties, not that they should die that easily.

I sit on a chair.

"Good to see you back, so, how would it gone?" I ask.

"Good hunt my Lord. We patroled the village from here to the story and we have gone to the forest near the home you live in Lord."

"Forest? I hope you didn't meet spiders."

"Spiders? Those many legged and eyed monsters? No Lord. We only fought with more boars and wolves there, we were even at the river schore that we fought wolf pack last time."

"Anything new there?"

"Yes, when we were walking just outside the river, a long scaly monster withour arms or legs attacked with great speed. I recal it's called snake."

"So, as snake, was it strong?"

"It attacked Third, but he managed to block with his shield, sorry to say, but the shield broke from the impact. The attack it delivered was strong."

"After it slammed into shield, it wanted to bite with fangs at Third body but after it looked again I think it understood that being made of bones he won't be poisoned, after that it fled into the river at the speed we could do nothing to stop it."

"It should be high leveled. Let's from now on avoid going near river. Let me check you levels."

Hmm? Quite a bit of level ups, nice. Aside from main brothers the other skeletons managed to reach level 4.

I look at brothers stats, while upgrading Second.

Status Window

Name: First

Level: 11  Class: Skeleton Archer  Race: Skeleton

Strength: 2.4  Agility: 2.4

Vitality: 1.9  Spirit: 1.2

Bonus Attributes:

Skeleton Archer + 0.5 Agility

 

Status Window

Name: Second

Level: 6  Class: Skeleton Swordsman  Race: Skeleton

Strength: 3.0  Agility: 3.0

Vitality: 4.0  Spirit: 5.5

Bonus Attributes:

 

Tough Body + 1 Strength and Vitality

Skeleton Swordsman + 0.5 Strength

 

 

Status Window

Name: Third

Level: 9  Class: Skeleton Spearman  Race: Skeleton

Strength: 2.3  Agility: 1.3

Vitality: 2.0  Spirit: 1.2

Bonus Attributes:

Skeleton Spearman +0.5 strength

"Excellent levels." I praise.

"It is my Lord."

We are mostly ready to take on the Minotaur.

"Have you seen the boss, Lord?"

"Yeah, when I explored alone I have gone to see it. It's like the Troll, but quite cunning. It has even a club as a weapon."

Let's check my money.

Status Window

Name: Thomas

Level: 15  Class: Necromancer  Race: Human

Strength: 3.0  Agility: 3.0

Vitality: 4.0  Spirit: 5.5

Bonus Attributes:

Necromancer +1 spirit +1 agility

Troll Body +1 vitality

Money: 2s 21c

Hmm, enough for the ring, I open the shop and buy it.

Ring of Recovery 2s

Increases wound recovery of the body by equivalent of 1 Vitality.

I wear it on my finger, after that I faintly feel energy from the ring flowing into me and focusing on my arms.

Checking the status I see that it didn't add to my vitality, so it's really just regeneration. Well, better than nothing, I should save now for some spells or other skills.

~~~~

After I cleaned myself and eaten some food I have prepared myself for going.

"Okay, we are ready, let's go meet Monic and Chief." We set off to the Troll battlefield.

Laisure walk towards the bridge is unexpectedly met with enemy. It's Vorghmin again, probably because old man house is just beside the road.

I order my undead to stop as I take hold of my spear and stride forward. I must take a look at my perfomance after this healing, even when it's not entirely done.

After seeing my charging appearance the Vorghmin made strange sound and prepared to fight.

"Groughlg!" Preparing it's thin arms to decimate me with it's claws I lower my center of gravity ready to thrust my weapon at the moment I step in range.

Slash!
Slash!

I dodge first claw strike to the left while doing slight thrust at the arm of the monster. Hovewer the second claw comes at great speed horizontaly! 

Slam!

I position my arm in an instant to block the claws! Sharp pain travels trough my nerves as the attack is blocked succesfully.

 Thanks to Iron gauntlets I managed to hold on, but due to great strength of the blow the deformed with three deep marks in the metal making one of gauntlets unusable.

I jump away while taking it off from my right arm swiftly and throwing it at the Vorghmin to stun it hopefully.

Crash!

Throwing metal piece of armor with my strength finishes with loud collision as the monster strikes it with it's claws ripping it this time to pieces!

This gave me time to circle it and attack from side. I step in and pierce through the rib cage to the guts as it tries franticaly to turn it's body to block.

However it's all futile as my blow was fatal, I take back the spear tightly pierced in the body and look as the monster staggers a few steps before failling never to rise again.

"My strength is mostly back, that's good, sadly my right gauntlet is destroyed, later I must buy another one, it's a good investment."

11