Chapter 29
167 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After some time of walking without meeting with monsters we arrive at the place. I can already see some people here, Monic stands not far away, she is in discussion with some survivors.

I come closer.

"That's why we will setup the camp here, it's safe now that we exterminated goblin village here, now the only thing needed is to kill any goblin that comes here."

"But we should go to Oshen! There are more people there." Some guy says.

"It's not safe on the way, not too long ago I heard very strong monster blocks the road."

"There is always the forest road we can use, it's only a bit longer." He persists.

"I don't suggest that man, if you don't want to be spider dinner, that is." I join in.

"Thomas, you are back! Were you in the forest there that you talk about spiders?"

"Yeah i was there, they are bigger than human, six level, so quite weak but there was many of them."

"Thomas? You are the guy who told us about this camp, I heard from Monic that you are strong, why not just kill those spiders, you can do that!"

"I'm not doing it... and Monic and Chief are fire mages so I don't think they can cast fire spells in the forest, you know... forest fire."

"Why won't you help us?!" He shouts.

Soon more people gather along with Chief, quite a population for survivors.

"Are abandoning us now that you told about that fucking survivor camp?!"

I can see people whispering here and there, not that I care what they think.

"Shut the fuck up, be grateful I even took time to fucking look for you when you were hiding in your house." I cast aura of fear and step closer to the guy.

"Ahhh!" He falls back with scared expression.

"Fuck you! We don't need you, I can take care of myself!" He shouts as he runs away to Monic house.

Sigh.

I look at the people.

"You know that there won't be always someone who saves you, I suggest you become players and start getting stronger before monsters overwhelm your pitiful strength."

Some people lower their head in contemplation. Then Chiefs joins in.

"Don't worry people, we will help you get stronger, and by the time you are strong enough the path leading to Oshen will be cleared. Thomas himself with our help will guarantee that!"

He comes closer to Monic and me.

"Let's talk with just three of us, come." We go to Chief house, since Monic one is survivor camp right now.

~~~~

Chief walks into the room and sits on chair tired.

Sigh

"I didn't think managing survivors is so much labor." He shakes his head.

"Alas, we must continue what we started, so Thomas, are you ready to kill that minotaur?"

"Mostly, my arms are almost healed by now and me and my undead even solo should give a good fight to the boss. The only thing I need for now is to buy something, wait a minute."

I open shop and buy new gauntlets for myself.

Steel Gauntlets 20c

Good piece of armor protecting arms from slashing piercing and smashing.

Light shines as they appear before me, I quickly take off left iron version and toss it aside to Second for wearing.

"Hur Hur, with all that metal on you, I can call you a knight or something." Chief chuckles.

"Right." Monic laughs.

"Better than having arms sliced. Okay now, I'm ready, what levels are you guys by the way?"

"We did some hunting, so I'm now level 8." Says Chief.

"I reached level 9." Monic adds,

"Not bad, I'm 15 now."

"Heh, you and your crazy leveling." They laugh.

"Can these survivors take care while you are not here?" I ask.

"It's not that long, I don't think monsters can attack at this moment, we killed some not too long ago."

"That's good, remember you wait with my undead near boss place across the river, come out when I need help."

"No problem/Sure."

"Let's go, that Minotaur is alive for too long."

~~~~

I move alone now, walking straight trough the main road, I will meet that Roderick for sure.

"Hmm, what should I say when they ask me for my class? I guess I can go with a warrior, I should buy some cultivation technique later."

While walking towards the store I encounter few goblins.

"Easy experience." I laugh as I look at my bloodied spear.

I slowly close in to the store, as I come closer I start hearing sounds of fighting. Increasing my speed to light run I finally arrive. At the plaza I can see that another settlement was established by goblins, although even smaller. 

At this moment 3 guys are in battle there, from looks I guess it's archer and two warriors.

"Roderick! From your left!" Shouts the archer.

Hmm? Roderick, so that's the guy, but isn't that the store owner? Roderick after hearing that turns abruptly and defends against goblin who tried to flank him. Goblin seeing the tactic didn't work charged.

"Shkriee!"

Goblin stabs with wooden spear but is barely dodged by that Roderick, using the opportunity he swings his swords and chops the head off from goblin shoulders.

I stand there as fight continues for good 5 minutes, after all that 8 goblin lay dead, these guys were lightly injured at most.

"What a bloody mess." I comment.

"Huh?! A person!" Archer turns his gaze at me.

"Hello there." I greet.

"Hi? Another person from south of Wostnik, good to see you are alive. What's your name? I'm Roderick, shop owner."

"I remember you, I'm Thomas."

"So Thomas, what is your destination? Were you going towards Oshen city?"

"That was my target, but I see people now, I thought only I survived monster onslaught." I smile.

"I'm sorry to inform you but the road to Oshen is blocked by strong monster, a Minotaur."

"That complicates my plans of going there."

"Don't worry, my friends and few other people want to kill it, come with us, we will all plan the fight." He waves his hand friendly.

Hmm, for now I will go, let's see what's going on there.

"Of course, let's go."

11