Chapter 32
165 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Only after hour I met them, they should focus on the job more.

"Huh, so are you guys ready or not?"

"Ready, ready, no need to worry, we just strolled for a bit." Chief says.

"Okay, so stay here and observe the situation, come to my help if needed."

"First." I turn to him.

"Yes Lord?"

"If by any chance they attack me, don't kill them, but you can shoot arm or leg."

Not that they would, right? At least aside from that Adam. Well, let the dice of fate be  rolled, we will see who steals the kill.

I walk off and cross the river. Thanks to my great strength and speed I can jump to simply across it.

~~~~

After walking for a while I can see the house already, and outside they are standing there out of sight from Minotaur.

I jogg a little and arrive.

"Hi, did you wait long?"

"You are late by at least an hour, you should get a watch or something." Krystian spoke with a hint of anger in his voice.

"Sorry about that, so are we starting the fight?"

"Yes, we just need to wait for Adam to come back."

Hmm? I look around and really, I don't see him.

"Where is he?"

"Scouting the area, he left a while ago so he will be there soon."

We wait there a bit and Adam arrives sneakily from the bushes.

"Minotaur is sleeping, it's our chance, let's go." He gazes at me for a second and then gives his orders.

"Okay/Sure/Right."

We silently move on the left side of the road and come closer to the location. Adam points with his hand and speaks.

"Samantha, Krystian, you guys relocate to these bushes and hide waiting for my signal."

"Yes/Okay," They left and began hiding.

He turns to us.

"Okay, Roderick and Chris, you go left ride and attack his arms, so that he cannot injure us. "

He gazes at me and points at nearby house.

"Thomas, you go left and circle the house there, you will jump from the corner and attack the minotaur to surprise him, perhaps you can even stab him, I will make him to focus on me, and occasionally attack with first, let's go, I hope it works."

Rustle, rustle.

We split up and go to our positions. Since I have to do surprise attack I don't need to be so tense. Calmly walking to the fence, I jump over it and arrive in front of house door.

"I have some time so let's look if there is something peculiar, since it's house just next to the boss, hell it even sleeps while laying to the fence with his back. Maybe he even were here."

I carefully check if it's open, but as always it's not. I position myself while touching the door and lightly increase pushing strength, I hope it will be quiet.

Creak, creak.

Some small sound comes from the door frame but it's camouflaged by fighting that started just now, they are hell loud there. Let's be quick and do my job.

Little by little the door is ripped off it's frame. I place it by side without making a sound and step inside. Inside I find some dirt with clothes and other stuff being on the ground. I start walking by the hallway.

Stumble.

Crash!

Just walking a meter by and see what the hell happened? With all my equipment it sure made some noise.

Looking behind for object that fucked me up I see nothing. I touch floor with my hand.

"Strange."

There is place where floor is deeper than rest. I check other places.

"Here, and there, more that way."

Based on the amount I think these are footsteps of very heavy thing.

I can already what guess this 'very heavy thing' is, the new discovered footsteps lead to room at the  end of the hallway. The door there is slightly open, I peek inside.

It's dark inside. I open it fully.

As darkness enveloping the room vanishes, my eyes register something that wouldn't be normally in a house, a... chest, wooden chest with metal reinforcements. Like those belonging to pirates, but not only them used it actually. Strange chest in the house next to fantasy monster.

Treasure? Collection of human skulls eaten by the minotaur? or maybe the owner just had a chest in the room. I come closer and ready myself to open it.

But as always there is a catch, well nothing happened when I touched the chest but 'something' happened outside.

The sound of fighting I heard clearly just a moment ago died down, that only means death of minotaur, or defeat of these guys. But could that Minotaur just go and overpower them?

Crash! Crash! Crash!

My answer is coming with sound of the wall next to me being ripped open.

10