Chapter 34
169 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author Note: Next chapter is in the middle of being done, but the releases won't super fast, and thank you for reading.

I shout as I run towards them.

"What happened? How come he attacked me in the house?!"

"We aren't sure how, but he beat the shit out of that other group, It happened some time after the fight started, those guys were holding and steadily injuring the boss, but all of sudden it roared and changed completely as it stared at the house, the guy in black clothes tried to use that moment to deal serious blow." Monic exclaims.

"Did he succeed?"

"No, as soon as minotaur spotted the attack he mercilessly swung the club and crashed hard into that guy and the speed which he did so was far greater than before, the rest couldn't hold on and were defeated, but managed to escape as the minotaur looked as he wanted to make it quick."

"Just like that defeated?"  Although they were weaker than me, they shouldn't fall so easily!

"After he was done he rushed madly toward the house, then we heard that you were inside so we rushed to rescue you, but I see you managed to hold out and even injure it." 

"At least I'm alive. Huh." I then turn towards the house.

"The Minotaur isn't coming out?" I point out.

"Good for us." Chief adds.

"Maybe there is something important there." Monic deducts after remembering the mad charge.

"Ah! There was a chest inside. You know like pirate one, the treasure chest."

"Really?" Chief asks puzzled.

"I guess the reason it attacked me there was the chest, It appeared as I was about to open it."

"Inside should be good stuff if that monster is protecting it."

"I wonder."

"That fucker should be seriously injured by now, right?" 

"It should be if it was as strong as we knew, but it's apparent it's much stronger. We must ask these guys what is going on."

"Where are they?''

"They should've fled to that house." Monic points with her hand.

That's their base.

"Let's meet them."

We swiftly escape open space and run into the house, while my undead are on the lookout.

I kick open the front door.

"What the hell guys! I almost died in there! What happened to you?" I shout as I look around.

And I see them lying on the floor, there is some blood.

"Ugh!"

The party looks at me as they hold Adam who is in pain. Looking at his body I shudder.

"What the fuck." His chest is crushed, there is blood and bones mixed with guts are almost sticking from ripped wounds.

"Is that what happened when you wanted to deal fatal blow as Minotaur was looking my way?"

"Gh! Y-yes, but it become so much stronger in a moment, the last thing I could do as I was sent flying was to check the boss again, and you know what, it showed only question marks, that fucker is stronger than before."

"Question marks?"

"Perhaps it is far higher level than me, that's why."

I crouch near him.

"I don't think you can keep living with this kind of wound."

He drops down his gaze and looks at his torso, then he laughs.

"Haha, I never knew my life would end so soon after apocalypse, bad luck, bad luck."

He then meets my gaze.

"What are you gonna do?" He then glances at Monic and Chief.

"You even had other friends, you wanted to take the experience right? It doesn't matter to me now."

"Yeah I was going to."

"So you going to fight the boss? I think you can do it, the first time I saw you I thought you are higher level than you told us, how high it is?"

"15"

"!!!" The other guys are shocked.

"You must have fought really hard to come to this point, heh, I can only bet on you."

He takes his ring off and gives me.

"Take it, it gives you +1 strength, it dropped at the beginning of this mess, I hope it will increase your chances, but I hope you can promise me something."

I wonder what does he want.

"I wanted to leave this village fast to look for my brother, he is my only family, I hope that if you met him then you could help him, I sincerely wish that."

His last family huh? I guess I will keep my eyes open.

"I will help him if we meet by any chance, rest assured."

"His name is Jack, Jack Góroborz, I really wanted to protect him, I...Kueh!"

He spurts a mouthful of blood.

"I hope you will find him."

Last words escape his mouth as his breathing ceases, I shut his eyes.

Silence descends.

I broke it as I turn my gaze at those four left.

"Are you alright?"

"We are okay, only Adam was hit with that club." Samantha replies with head down.

"If you want, you can go to southern part of Wostnik, there is survivor camp there, Monic and Chief are operating it." I point at my two companions.

"Really?"

"What about going to Oshen?" Asks Roderick. "I too wanted to go there."

"You can travel there in a few days, I will take care of this strange Minotaur."

"Okay."

"So wait a bit as we three check the boss, afterwards you can go to the camp."

"Let's go guys." I wave hand to Monic and Chief.

~~~~

"Lord! How is the situation Lord." First questions as soon as we appear.

"That Minotaur is hiding some secret, I'm going there to check it, you will stand back as support, Second, Third, you stand near walls the Minotaur destroyed."

"Alright Lord, but is it wise to go there? Those other humans were defeated."

"Don't worry, I'm not that much weaker than the boss, I will do it real fast."

I take a short break from all this fighting and after my undead take positions with Monic and Chief I go straight to the wall hole.

Krrrrr. krrrr. krrr.

As I close in to the house I start hearing strange noises. I enter inside carefully while being prepared to block any attacks aimed at me.

Kurururur. kururu. kuru.

Whistle.

As I'm inside I can hear that something is moving from everyside, as if I was facing many enemies.

"Strange."

I can only see darkness even if it's daylight outside, it wasn't like that before.

"What is going on?"

I make my way slowly toward the chest room.

Kurururu. kurururu. kururu.

The noises speed up as if enraged.

I'm only few meters from the chest, but I can only see darkness, as I touch the floor and walls to check them I can feel some warm flesh like feeling.

"What the hell is that?"

I handle my spear and poke the wall of flesh lightly.

Whistle. whistle.

Some liquid escapes the flesh as I hear movement around me.

This isn't Minotaur, is my first thought.

Some flesh monster, I carefully step back towards the exit as it's too dangerous now here.

Step. step. step.

"Kru kru kru." As I escape, a monstrous laugh echoes around as if mocking my cautiousness.

I arrived at the entrance, here I can be relatively safe, I turn my gaze at the inside.

"Is this some horror movie, you scary shit?! Monic! Chief! Fireballs trough the holes!"

Let's see how you like fire, fucker.

10