Chapter 35
169 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author Note: Chapter a bit shorter, good cliffhanger for what is to come.

Blazing balls of fire make their way trough the two holes as I instantly am able to see what the hell is that fleshly thing covering the walls.

But the sight is more horrifying than I thought, it's like the house itself was a monster.

This time I swiftly check the boss as I can see the chest already from here.

Mimic

Level 20

Two Star Local Boss Monster

Evil monster made of flesh, likes to take image of other monsters, can divide it's might, inside the Mimic is it's core that gives power to it's body even from distance.

Boom! Boom!

"Kurururu. kururu." Evil voice echoes again but this time it doesn't sound that nice.

Swoosh!

Almost instantly as I hear something I dodge to the side, something like a black tentacle tried to crush my head.

Flexible like a whip it circles and makes it's way at me again.

"Let's see which weapon is stronger!"

Using all my recovered strength I pierce forward with my spear, the tentacle wiggles and as if accepting challenge it heads toward the spear!

Crash!

Our weapons strike each other with great force, but in midway I feel that my spear starts to shatter I slide it to the left leaving gaping wound on the tentacle, spear survived that somewhat, but it won't be usable in the future after this day.

I jump away to gain distance as I recollect what description told me.

That monster is level 20 and two stars to that, not that I know how stronger two stars is than one star, but there was information about the core.

I turn my gaze toward the chest.

"Chest is the core."

So that is why it madly returned when I was about to touch it, it's the heart of that monster.

"Monic and Chief! Fire inside but one after other to provide light!"

"First! Do you think you can shot chest that will show itself?"

"Your will is my command Lord!"

Boom!

Boom!

Boom!

As fireballs make their way, I see the chest again,  First arrow is already making it's way there.

Swoosh.

"Kururu!" 

Rustle. rustle.

But as it flies, the walls of flesh from before, connect to each other making armored protection against the strike.

Thud!

"What hard defense, even First arrow only managed to pass by 1/3 it's length."

"Kururu...."

Swish!

As the arrow stops incapable of penetrating the wall, sudden retaliation comes my way.

Three tentacles swirl with great speed towards me, no chance of blocking.

"If I can't block then I can only attack, Take this!"

Swoosh!

I throw my spear with all my power towards the chest and run out of the house while spamming black bullets as bait.

Swoosh. Swoosh. Swoosh.

Tentacles instantly change their target and try to intercept the flying spear, alas it's too fast!

Crash!!!

The Mimic with all it's might creates wall to protect it, but as it thinks the spear strike is too weak, it suddenly pierces straight through it!

From outside I see small hole and inside spear embedded in the chest, but as wall changed the trajectory, it only stabbed at the side of the chest.

But in the instant the spear stabs.

"KURURURU,,, KU RU RU!"

SCREAM

Overwhelming noise reverberates trough the surroundings as the Mimic feels the pain of wounded core.

Hastily we cover our ears as it's almost at the level of destroying our eardrums.

"???" Monic

"???" Chief

They seem flustered?

Monic stiffly points at me.

No.

It wasn't at me.

A sound even greater echoes as it virtually silences the scream.

The house behind me is no more.

"That is..." I have no words.

"ROAR!!!"

The being in front of me is no longer mass of flesh, it changed... for the worse.

Heavy breath.

It turns it gaze at me with it's ferocious eyes.

Mimic - Minotaur Lord

Level 20

Two Star Local Boss Monster

Mimic transformed into Minotaur Lord, being with great strength and even greater agility, knows no fear, madness state - due to being wounded the Mimic burned it's life force to strike it's foes with unparalleled strength.

"...Fuck."

11