Chapter 36
176 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

How the hell my day must be screwed like this.

Ahh, fuck it, I will fight this Minotaur Lord, in worst case I will just run.

Let's swiftly check the situation first.

"Monic, Chief! You alright?"

"We are fine, but what about that thing? Do you want to fight it? I say let's just run." Chief comments.

"I should kill it, and you won't even come close to it, you are safer than me."

"Argh, okay, but let's run if we are pushed back, we have only about half our mental strength remaining."

"Are you fine with it Monic?"

"Let's do it, since I want to be safe here in Wostnik."

Roar!

"That thing even waited for us to talk, heh, but look at that vein on forehead, madness, I say madness."

Roar!

The Minotaur Lord Mimic have finally lost all patience, it started charging with club in hand, who knows where it got it from.

Swish!

I dodge barely the first attack, that speed is quite serious.

"Get farther! First and others too! Close combat skeletons, circle it and be on standby to act.

"Third and Second! You cannot dodge it so stand on it's side and feint attacks!"

"Let's go! Dark Bolt!"

Boom!

My one and only attack is easily blocked by swing of club, what defense.

"Curse of Agility!"

I hope it will give me an edge in speed.

Step. Step.

Roar!

"It's coming! Fire those damn fireballs!"

Boom!
Boom!
Boom!
Boom!

Four fireballs fly like a raging inferno.

Swish!

Swish!

Two he managed to block, the rest he withstood with his arm, it looks like we are in the middle of a barbecue.

"Roargh!"

Leap!

It jumped high, I prepare to block, but the club it is using starts glowing, I immediately stop trying to block and dodge with all my might while throwing my spear like a javelin piercing it all.

Boom!

The glowing club easily crushes my javelin and stops finally on the ground.

Alas, that blow brought us a small earthquake, tiny crater was created in place of collision with the ground.

"Roar!"

"Guys! It was probably coating in ki, don't let it target you! And fire these damn fireballs."

I dash swiftly to Third.

"Give that spear and retreat to First."

"First! Aim for armpits, we must limit that damn club movement!"

I quickly gave orders and moved to position myself.

The Minotaur is standing there, that ki coating must have drained some of it's energy.

They start long range attack now at least, arrows, spells, I too join to barrage it.

"Dark Bolt!"
"Fireball!"
"Fireball!"
Boom!Boom!Boom!

"Urgh!"

"Dark Bolt!"
"Fireball!"
Boom!Boom!
"Dark Bolt!"
"Dark Bolt!"
"Fireball!"
"Fireball!"
Boom!Boom!Boom!Boom!

"Arg!"

"Fireball!"
"Fireball!"
"Dark Bolt!"
"Dark Bolt!"
Boom!Boom!Boom!Boom!
"Dark Bolt!"
"Dark Bolt!"
Boom!Boom!

"Roargh!"

Scene like from apocalypse unfolds as the Minotaur is avalanched by attacks.

I see multiple bloody and scorched wounds as I don't give it time to recuperate by charging in an instant.

It's still waving it's club and arm defensively.

Leap!

I jump three meters high and pierce straight trough the monster eye!

Pierce!

Roar!

As my spear wounds the Minotaur, it's fist comes flying straight towards my body!

"Fuck! Dark Bolt! Dark Bolt!"

I swiftly jump backwards from the head while casting balls of darkness to reduce the force coming my way!

Swoosh!

Arrow flies and hits the charging fist!

Thanks to that it's arm slightly looses trajectory, I don't let that chance by.

I barely catch side of the fist and twist my body to dodge it barely.

Roar!

I land on the ground from where Second appears grabbing me and dashing in retreat.

"Thomas!"

Monic and others run to us.

"You okay? I thought it would kill you with that fist."

"I managed to dodge, mostly thanks to First." I look at him.

"Thanks, I... really appreciate that."

"Worry not my Lord! As long as I'm here, that monster has no chance of harming you!"

I smile slightly to that. Becoming a necromancer was a good choice, truly.

But, we don't have time now.

"Don't relax, It didn't die yet."

We all turn to pitiful looking boss.

Body covered in injuries, arrows sticking out of wounds, burn marks, and spear sticking out of it's eye, which it's in the middle of removing.

"Let me rest a bit as it's removing my spear. My undead, don't spare arrows." Second barrage of now only arrows begins.

I sit there on the ground watching as furious Minotaur is holding them off weakly by using it's arm. The other one is slowly removing the spear.

I wonder how much damage it did, shouldn't it pierce some of the brain? As I thought about it, the Minotaur removed the spear.

"..."

It looked as if wanting to do something but stopped. Redness of the last eye comes off as confusion appears.

"..." It started swaying to sides, as if loosing the balance.

"Hmm." I turn to side.

"Fire one arrow toward the head."

Twang!

"..."
"..."

The Minotaur looks blankly at arrow flying towards it and it does nothing to block.

Pierce.

"!!!"

Pained expression shows as the arrow destroyed second eye.

Does it have brain damage or what? Did it became idiot?

"What's going on Thomas?" Chief questions.

"I think my spear damaged it's brain."

"So it's a retard now?" Monic asks.

"It looks like it."

I don't know, shouldn't it at least protect itself from arrow?

"Well, as long as it does nothing, we can rest a bit, it's a good thing."

"First, how is our arrows stock?"

"Other skeletons arrows were all used, I have two left for emergencies."

"After all this I should buy some more."

~~~~

There was something Thomas and others haven't noticed, or maybe forgot, The Minotaur was formerly a Mimic.

The brain region of Minotaur didn't correspond to core of Mimic, it was just an act, a scheme to the best of Mimic intelligence.

Even thought it stood there and took arrows to eye along with a spear, it didn't damage it's core, and even having lost both eyes, it has it's former extraordinary perceiving ability.

It knew that after attacking head of other life, there was chance of becoming stupid, and it used this.

Even it's body wounds weren't that severe, because the inside of Minotaur was mass of flesh, the same one from before.

It stood there waiting, waiting for opportunity.

Opportunity to strike when Thomas was going to go for the kill.

Perfect plan(In it's mind), perfect act of being wounded, perfect act of having damaged brain(Thomas picked up something).

All for the moment of low guard from Thomas, as long as it could kill it, the mages weren't it's enemies.

That puny human will pay for damaging it's core, even so slightly.

The only thing left was to wait, act stupid, use the opportunity it created.

~~~~

Will it succeed?

11