Chapter 40
221 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wake up once again, no pain whatsoever in my head. I look at my watch and realize I slept for 2 hours, not hungry nor in need of a bath I stand up and leave my apartment, I can see survivors walking trough small hallway, I guess they took the rest of apartments and are cramped up now, well you could say with so many people it will be safety in numbers.

I leisurely stroll outside and see some temporary tents are being made in the courtyard. No sight of Monic or Chief for the moment. I walk to nearest person and ask.

"Hey there, did you saw Chief perhaps?"

"Oh, Thomas. Yes I saw them, they left with some survivors to hunt some weaker monsters to make us these players I suppose." He replies bored.

"You didn't go with them?" Seeing his look I question.

"I wanted but someone had to stay and keep the place going, I will go next time."

"I guess that's okay too, remember to take some class which you will like, no use being a fighter if you like magic." Even though I like both.

"I am thinking about something but it's not clear, I will choose best class for me anyway."

I leave him to his thoughts and go back to my room remembering I haven't dealt with everything last time.

As I sit I recollect what's to be done.

"Third not here at the moment so no ability testing, no other undead as well."

"It leaves me with spending money. I wonder what useful things are there in the shop."

Let's see spells for the moment.

"Shop."

Acid Bolt 5s

Lesser Dominate Undead 10s

Lesser Bone Shift 10s

Lesser Magic Shield 20s

Grant Magic/Cultivation 50s

 

"Okay, I could choose from first four, but I don't need an attack spell for the moment, with my grand spirit stat Dark Bolt will be already powerful. I haven't seen any undead as of yet so no need about second spell, the third one sounds similar to my mimic transformation spell so let's postpone that for now, magic shield is cool but too pricey, a necromancer in the back could use it greatly but I fight in melee, so I will buy it later."

Huh, nothing to buy here. I am getting injured lately, let's check healing magic.

"Shop."

Life Magic: 5s

Low Level:

Heal Wounds 7s

Cure Disease 4s

Stop Bleeding 3s

Boost Stamina 8s

 

"..."
"Wasn't unlocking magic cheap? Did it rise after choosing first magic?" I mumble but realize that Necromancer class gifted me free Death magic.

In other words.

"What a scam, and they even changed spell prices too!"

It's annoying but not really stupid, if you had some money you could buy all low level spells and things, but if I choose it, the third magic or something should be in... gold?

"No fucking way."

I can afford the magic unlocking and some spells but it's becoming ridiculous.

I will wait and browse cultivation now if that's really the case.

"Shop."

Cultivation:

Elements Cultivation:

Fire God Technique 1st scroll 5s
Fire Immortal Technique 1st scroll 5s
Fire Devil Technique 1st scroll 5s

Earth God Technique 1st scroll 5s
Earth Immortal Technique 1st scroll 5s
Earth Devil Technique 1st scroll 5s

Ice God Technique 1st scroll 5s
Ice Immortal Technique 1st scroll 5s
Ice Devil Technique 1st scroll 5s

...
Body Cultivation:

Body Strengthening Technique 1st scroll 5s
Bone Strengthening Technique 1st scroll 5s
Muscle Strengthening Technique 1st scroll 5s

...
Energy cultivation:

Mana Body Strengthening Technique 1st scroll 5s
Mana Flow Control Technique 1st scroll 5s
Mana Coat Control Technique 1st scroll 5s

...

 

"It's also expensive now." I grumble.

Let's leave aside these elemental techniques since I don't like one element and I have feeling it's hard to have everything here.

Body and Energy cultivation, It should be good, can I inspect it in shop by the way? I haven't tried that.

"Hmm"

Body Strengthening Technique 1st scroll 5s

First scroll of the renowned body strengthening method of cultivators. It's a method of undergoing pressure training and being dangerously close to breaking point where you can exceed your limits. Users of this technique have balance between bone and flesh power, as it's training both things at once, you have one level lower strength of specialized techniques.

 

"It's like all this gravity training and achieving breakthroughs under strong enemies? Yeah Xuanhuan genre leaked into the shop."

But painful tireless training? Not for me.

I inspect energy techniques.

Mana Body Strengthening Technique 1st scroll 5s

First scroll of the renowned body strengthening method of cultivators. It's a method of gathering mana(mental energy) into your very cells to make them more powerful, pretty straightforward method of rogue cultivators, you need to meditate and inject mana into your cells. Body becomes stronger moderately and your techniques become stronger.

 

"Pretty cool to be honest, and it gives info that if you buy the cultivation technique you gain access to cultivation spell like things. To the next one."

 

Mana Flow Control Technique 1st scroll 5s

First scroll of a technique created by a Mage who somehow ended in Cultivation world, as a mage he had weak body and by being scared of dangers he created this method of using pure mana control to increase power of your body. Additional information due to player breakthrough first barrier of evolution: After he created this technique he surprisingly discovered it increased his mana capacity making him more powerful magus than ever, thanks to that he become renowned in cultivation world as Genius Daoist named Magicus, few knew that his spells weren't really cultivation spells and couldn't crack open how his abilities work, thanks to that no one could match him in the same stage.

 

"Wow, just... wow, didn't... didn't that just mean that cultivation was always real and Xuanhuan wasn't just fiction?!"

"That information could change people view novels! Sad thing the internet works no longer, I would want to tell it to every fan like me. They need to know that all this bullshit about reincarnation and young masters is true!" I say with head down.

Warning!

Player has been sensed by entity above Demigod! System Protection initiated...
Protection Successfully held.

 

"Wait, what?"

Player named Thomas is politely asked to try attract less attention from higher plane of existence, System Protection isn't invincible.
11