Chapter 43
213 14 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Changed medieval fantasy gold/silver/copper to system points to make it easier for me. I also changed status numbers from number-dot-number to number, so just multiplied by 10 to also make it easier, as having all my notes is great burden already.

 

We slowly move through the main road leading to Drewco and onto the turn leaving the view
of the village behind us.

As we wander our eyes from bushes to plains and anything in between, we see now ruined house that stood near the road.

"That's the home of that guy hmm." I mutter.
"Oh? Does an acquaintance of yours live here my lord?"
"I just know him, still it wouldn't be that bad to check what happened to his home, it's outside the village and thus wasn't inside the barrier."

I get off my wolf and take my weapon while ordering First and archer skeleton to stand guard near the wolf.

"Second and Third, you are to go with me, that place doesn't have that much space so ranged attacks won't be very good."

We creep closer as my skeletons each protect my sides with weapons ready.

"The fence and gate are broken." I whisper

I come forward a bit and examine it carefully.

"It's bent and trashed as if something charged right through it. Was it perhaps that boar which spawned near my own house?"

We try to sneak inside through the gate and arrive right near the building with a small warehouse nearby.

"Second, go check insides of that warehouse and try to be quiet."

Meanwhile, I and Third slowly approach center of this backyard.

We stop abruptly.

"This smell... it's blood."

We come to the center and see a corpse laying there, it seems to be a young woman, her clothes are in tatters and a small pool of blood near her missing leg, probably bit off by something.

I do not recognize her, but then I only knew that guy living here.

I tell Third to stand watch as I examine further.

I crouch near the body and stand still. My perception expands as I feel and see every blade of grass around me, the body state uncovers various information without needing to touch her in fear of infection.

"It's several days already since this world change happened, and from my guess, she suffered from some starvation based on how slim her body became, her fingers skin is pale and dry as if lacking needed vitamins and other important minerals."

I stand up and look thoughtfully.

"Lack of food hit her hard, also whatever she could eat if anything lacked variety. She was attacked while already weak in body."

"Wait, that blood is not dry." I narrow my gaze stupidly.

I take a piece of cloth from my pocket and open her eyelids.

"As if..."

I activate my sense again and carefully examine her lungs and heart. My sense expands again but it's hard to sense anything behind the flesh and skin. However I feel something.

A light, almost imperceptible reaction.

"Oh shit, she is alive, but how? She is missing her leg, shouldn't an artery be leaking blood all over? Still, that pool of blood isn't really that significant."

I look at this wound.

"I have no idea how it should look like but it seems stable? Could it be that she somehow didn't bleed to death?"

I slap myself in the face in realization.

"She is in shock."

Just as I do this I heard a loud cry of a boar.

"Damn, is that boar still here?"

We quickly run to the warehouse to aid Second.

However what we come to see is a bloodbath, the boar lies there chopped to pieces as Second looks over, covered in red blood.

I approach the place and see that there is some sort of nest.

"Both of you go stand near that girl outside and watch out for threats.

I quickly try to find the girl leg among the gore but fail to see it.

"Did that boar ate it?"

I look around quickly but fail to find anything else worth mentioning and return to that girl.

I look upon her, she still seems dead to me, but my sense picked up she isn't.

"Damn, all these worries and tragedies around me, why me?"

I crouch beside her.

"Second, go inside that house and see if there is any enemy there."

As he runs off I ponder what should I do. I don't have any healing magic or anything like that, and I doubt my ring of recovery will help with this kind of wound.

"Still I don't have anything else on me right now."

I pull out the ring out of my finger and put it on her finger.

"I don't know how much it helps, but her recovery speed should be about twice that of normal human now if I'm not mistaken. That said, this is not something you can just recover from just like that."

After a moment I see Second leaving the house, seeing him just standing here I presume it's safe inside.

I look down again on that girl and sigh.

"You two, protect her while I go inside."

I leave them here and enter the house, pondering over the preciousness of human life.

Specifically, how much it will take to save her, and if it works telling her she is to pay me back somehow.

Inside of the house is nothing to write home about. Just a few rooms, a bit dirty and some blood on the floor, dried already so no idea of it's origin.

I enter a relatively clean bedroom belonging to someone and sit on the bed after closing the door.

"It should be safe enough to open the shop right now, but before that... status."

 

Thomas lvl 20
STR 43
AGI 41
VIT 41
SPI 101
Troll Body +10 vitality
Necromancer +10 spirit +10 agility
Money 2342 points

 

"Hmm, 2342 points. That's quite a lot compared to me starting. Hopefully what I'm looking for isn't super expensive."

I open shop interface and go looking through miscellaneous and survival stuff. There are various healing items, from disease curing to venom or poison neutralizing and ending up with healing potions like in RPG games.

"There it is, found the category."

 

Potion of Minor Healing 500
Potion of Healing 5000
Potion of Greater Healing 50 000

???

???

"Some of it is unknown, in addition to the same rule as with unlocking life magic, since my death magic was free instead of 50 points, 2nd unlock is 500, and considering potion of greater healing is 50k points, a third magic unlock should have the same requirement."

"Considering the level curve is high, it should be just balance. Alright, I can buy life magic with heal wounds spell but it would cost me 1200 points, and I don't know if I want it right now as it will block my options if I really need it."

"Now since weakest healing potion is already 500 points, it should have good chances of helping her with that leg."

I went and bought one potion for 500 points and the item materialized in front of me.

It looked like a small glass flask with a plug. The liquid inside was blood red, actually it looked like blood for some reason. Nonetheless, I left the house and went to that girl again.

"How do I apply this potion now? Make her drink it or pour it over the leg?"

As I wondered, a system message appeared with a brief tutorial.

Potion can be applied by drinking it to make the effect cover whole body in a balanced way or poured over specific wound for greater effect.

"Alright then."

I used a clean cloth and grabbed the leg which was missing anything below the knee.

"It's bloody."

I felt a bit sick looking over the gory wound.

"Bring other guys over, I need some clean water."

Second ran off to bring my group and I had First assist me.

"Now, uncork that bottle First, then slowly pour it over the wound for me. It will probably work better if it's clean."

First did as I told him to and cleaned the wound, he poured a whole bottle of water, but thankfully I had several.

I unplugged the potion and poured the content over the wound. A bit of it spilled over as it hit the ground and started releasing smoke for some reason.

I noticed the girl body start to tremble a bit as meat and skin tissue started covering the wound.

Her trembling didn't stop as it became more and more violent.

I had my skeletons grab her in case she started to move too much as the wound healed.

I left a bit of the potion and then poured it into her mouth, hopeful that it will also heal whatever damage I did not see.

"Damn she is choking now."

I grabbed her head and moved her jaw to manualy swallow the liquid.

Color started returning to her pale face as her body relaxed from that shaking.

"Okay release the hold, hopefully she is fine now."

"Guard her while I explore the house."

I went back inside and now more carefully explored it. Food was scarce in the fridge, some of it already went bad.

Some trash rolled over on the ground while shelves and drawers were open to show a lack of food.

The only real useful thing I found was a few bottles of water.

I didn't touch them though as the possible owner was still alive.

Then came a shout from outside.

"Aaaah!"

"Lord! Please come over, this woman is screaming."

Screaming damn loud alright, would be strange if monsters didn't hear her.

I went outside quickly to look upon a scene.

 

New chapter since like 1.5 years, nice.

8