Prologue
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lights flickered in the city of York, chasing away the darkness that enveloped the land. Pollution filled the air and garbage was littered everywhere making mountains of trash.

High walls entrapped the citizens within. Inside, 'people' bustled about busying themselves - or rather, distracting themselves from their misery.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The sound of a train shrieked, alarming the residents.

A woman perked her head up, looked at the direction of the sound and slowly crawled towards the train tracks that cut through the middle of battered vendors.

No one stopped her. They looked on with an expressionless, yet somehow haunted face.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The train came into view, a monstrous sight; a steel beast that clouded over everything.

"Ahhh..." the woman moaned, tears flowed down while she raised her hand towards the oncoming train.

Blood splattered, and pieces of the womans body flew everywhere.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

__________________________________

"Waaaaaaaaa!" Cries of an infant resounded inside a run-down shack

"Shhh, quiet down now. A special child like you can endure, can't you?" A man with a rusty voice spoke to the infant.

Seeming like it understood the man, the child quieted down.

"Good child." The man smiled

The man stroked the infants head, and looked at it endearingly.

"You're a special child. A very special child. I hope you grow up quickly." The man whispered eerily.

BOOM

A man with a hunchback slammed the door open

"Watchmen, the Watchmen arrived!" the hunchback said with a hint of nervousness

"This early? Help me and take this." the man with the rusty voice commanded and handed over a syringe.

"You've already.." the hunchback asked while looking at the syringe

"Yes, I told you. This is a special child." the man muttered while wrapping up the infant.

"But.."

"Just trust me."

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Let's go. We can't let them find out about this child."

0