Chapter 147.
745 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 147.

I dramatically grit my teeth. I did my best. I truly did everything in my power and fought to my last breath to refuse and turn her down. Unfortunately, when I weighed the two on a scale in my head the thought of my paycheck being cut further was something that scared me more than dealing with her stalker. I even momentarily saw my life flash before my eyes as I extended an arm out in my head toward that poor innocent paycheck that hadn’t harmed anyone. 

“I’ll be in your care then.” With a hostage in Val’s hand, I had no choice but to bend my head in defeat.

“So what exactly does this responsibility you mentioned entail?”

“It’s simple, take on the responsibility of helping me get rid of my stalker. With your abilities, I’m sure it won’t be a problem.”

You have to be shitting me. I can escape from them, sure, but you think I can magically make them disappear like I’m Houfuckingdini? You’ve definitely got the wrong person; in fact, I’d love to meet the person who has such convenient and mystical god-tier level magic at their disposal. They wouldn’t be a stalker if it was so easy to get rid of them.

Forget about confronting them, just thinking about stalkers makes me feel ill. I had the queen of stalkers stalking me and it was only thanks to Val that she backed off.

“Don’t you think Val would be able to help you out more than I would be able to?”

“How would Rose be able to help me with this? A woman won’t make a male stalker give up. I need the help of a true man who knows the ins and outs of getting rid of a stalker. A man who can take on the role first hand to scare them off.”

“I can assure you, You might think I’d be a good candidate based upon my track record, but I can assure you that I’m definitely not a good choice for playing a role like that. I know how to escape from them, that doesn’t equate to being able to get rid of them.”

“What are you talking about? You single-handedly got the infamous female stalker who made every man she pursued commit suicide back off on your own. If you’re not an experienced god of wisdom in this field, then dares call themselves one?”

“You’re misunderstanding, it’s not like it was because of anything I did that she backed off.”

“It doesn’t matter, you still have the experience and are the only one to claim that title among all of her targets.”

“Val, say something to her, she’s clearly deluded.”

“Haha, don’t worry Reine, Mr. Genovese is a man who has vast experience in that field. He’ll certainly be able to take care of some random small-time stalker in no time at all.”

The look in her eyes told me she somehow found the entire situation amusing. As long as it entertained her it was fine with her? Was I a joke to you? Actually, please don’t answer that. My pride would take a hit.

“I’m sorry, I’m here on important work with Val so I really don’t have the luxury to-“

“Mr. Genovese, as I’ve said before, we're pretty much free today until we hear back from those big wigs. Even when they do contact us back, I’ll be the one to finalize all the smaller details so you can continue assisting her while I see about that.”

With my paycheck held at gunpoint and no avenue of retreat, I could only dejectedly accept this so-called dare. “I understand.” Yes, I fully understood how screwed I really was.

“Perfect, then let’s head out and locate the stalker in question so you can work your magic.”

“What? Wait, what about my turn for truth or dare?”

With a sinister smile, Val responded like it was only natural, “You’re in the middle of a dare, Mr. Genovese, obviously you have to complete your dare before it’s our turn.”

Haaaaah... What did I really expect?

“This is a scam.”

“It’s your own fault for falling for the scam. Enough bickering, let’s go.”

With a long sigh, I proceeded to the door. When I opened the door…

Bang!

I wasn’t even given a chance. I reflexively shut my eyes tight when the gunshot resounded loudly in front of me. I felt a nearly instantaneous pain; its origin, my forehead, When I reopened my eyes, blood trickled down over my eyes and painted my vision a bloody crimson.

All the strength in my body dissipated into thin air. I collapsed back onto the ground. Like a blur forming a collage; the wall, door frame, and ceiling whizzed by my eyes one by one.

A second later, the ceiling morphed into a door. The person I’d just seen outside the door who shot me was nowhere to be found. But the door in front of me now wasn’t the same door from the hallway in the hotel. It was... different, but it was definitely one I knew well.

14