1 [03] – New Home
430 30 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 01 - Learning About The World 

Act 03 - New Home

______________________________

Ezekiel was exhausted.

It had passed a another year since he discovered that this world still have much more than he knew to offer and started his research in what more he can expect from this world and how to use these new discoveries to reach his Ideal Performance.

What he forgot was, he was three at that time barely able to read as he did not understood the written language of this world. They resembled something that he recognized as asian characters but he for the life of him could not discover which one, he knew that there are many types and division but he never learned to distinguish between them. Probably Japanese considering that the first four generations are based on places in Japan, but he would never be able to confirm this guess since he will never see his previous world again.

Thus, his warpath in search of knowledge had been promptly stopped by this small inability of his, much to his crushing disappointment and frustration.

He started going to a childcare facility thought, so he started to learn the basics of this new language and as a perk of his young age together with his older experience he was learning it in a absurdly high pace. The company of other people his age had been pleasant too, so there was also that. 

That was in the past thought, today he was in another situation altogether. His mother had been working on a paper ever since he remembered, which had actually been greatly delayed by his birth no less, and this year she had finally completed it with high expectations of the effects it would cause in the scientific community, or even the pokemon world when her idea was actually applied in effect.

They lived in Cerulean City, home of the Cerulean Gym and the Bug Master Jonas, probably the one that preceded Misty since in this world there was nothing that prevented someone from changing the type of their gym after they replaced the previous leader, Saffron Gym used to be a Steel Gym. 

They actually lived there in order to act as support for his mother research of the Mt. Moon and how the Clefable there  can apparently evolve even thought there was no actual Moon Stone in the mountain. After years exploring these caves she discovered the whole secret behind their unorthodox evolution method, which was that the whole mountain worked as a Moon Stone for those that lived there for a period of time. A month after that his mother had been send a job proposal to work in one of the most well regarded laboratories in the whole world, with one of the most well known scientists and the highest experts in pokemon fields and their effects on pokemon, Professor Daniel Birch.

The only problem was that they would need to actually move into Hoenn and away from Kanto should she accept that proposal, which they naturally did. To begin with, they already lived in Cerulean just so Cassandra could further her research without having the trouble of having to travel from city to city, and that was just because she had hunch that it would be a good place to study. Now she actually had a lucrative proposal that would help their family and elevate their life standard if she accepted it, which was a actual reason instead of just a hunch.

So here they are, Littleroot Town, Hoenn. 

The family of three made the whole journey there with just the bags on their backs and the ones beings carried by the  Oliver's pokemon, even small Ezekiel had a tiny backpack with a few toys and snacks for the trip.

They all know that it will be rough at first since they starting their lives from the very begin but they hoped that with a trusted workplace like Birch's Lab they would be able to rent a house without much trouble. After that they could start planning for the future and wing it as they go, which was pretty much the life they had when they arrived in Cerulean, plus a small child.

When they arrived it was almost night since the car that they took from Petalburg was delayed because of a recently evolved Slaking that was in conflict with the previous alpha, something that should be deal with by the nearest Gym Leader by tomorrow or later, and walked directly to the nearest pokemon center that they could find in the small town since they can work as a inn to non trainers if they have space and in a small town like this one it was almost sure that they would get a few rooms remaining.

Thus, the exhausted trio entered in the Pokemon center with intention of finding rest but unknowingly stumbling into something else, or rather, someone else.

Seating there right in one of the benches designed for trainers waiting for their pokemon to heal was a woman in her late twenties that held a sign with the words 'Cliff Family ' written on it, which naturally made them gravitate toward her even thought they are all already tired. 

"Cliff family?" Asked the woman, sounding relieved that they finally arrived. 

"Yes, I'm Cassandra Cliff and these are Oliver and Ezekiel Cliff, my husband and son respectively. Who are you thought?" Answered the researcher while seeking a answer of her own in turn.

"Good, my name in Natalie Birch, Daniel's wife. He asked me to get you and your family to our home in Littleroot, I had been waiting for some time already." She replied in a casual tone, as if it was the most normal thing in the world, which for her should be since she was apparently married to the man but for Cassandra she was talking about taking her to meet her future boss and the man that had been her idol for sometime as he was not only the leading professional of her field but also someone that achieved that status at almost her age. To Ezekiel, she was talking about taking them to the regional professor, the one from the games, and supposedly the father of the rival of the protagonist.

He was actually terrified of meeting the professor.

That fear was in big part because he was the the first person that he meet with actual importance to the game story, as he was the one that gave the protagonist his starter pokemon and he was also father of either May or Brendan  depending on which gender the player choose, which means that either one of these two can be alive in this world.

Actually living in a world that he knew to have a protagonist is terrifying for him, and meeting one of them would be the real proof that there was someone that this whole world turn around. Just the concept of being a side character to one of them was already horrifying enough but seeing their growth as the years passed would be even more scary considering that he will probably live with in Littleroot for the next years.

"Huh? What do you mean? I thought that we're already in Littleroot." Asked the blonde researcher, confusion clear on her tone.

"What? No! We're in Oldale, Littleroot is a hour on feet." The brunette answered with a partially amused, partially exasperated by what Cassandra said.

"That town is too much in the middle of nowhere to let you guys find it by yourselves, that's why Danny told me to take you guys there tomorrow." Continued her while taking one of the bags from Cassandra and pointing to a stair at side of the room, "For now you guys have a room reserved for the night, as well a dinner if you haven't eat yet." 

Thus, the woman started walking before all of them with total confidence that they would follow behind her, as if she was already used to people doing so. 

The researcher looked at her husband, then to the woman walking before them, then she finally spoke with some hesitation in her voice, "Well, we better get going..." As they speeded up to catch up with the woman.

______________________________

Spoiler

Ezekiel Cliff - Male 

Age - 04

Date - 29 January 

Badges - N/A

Pokemon - N/A

Currency - N/A

[collapse]

______________________________

Also, this story had been heavily influenced by two other stories that had been the inspiration for me to start this one. They are: Pokemon: Shadow of Time - Kanto Arc by Ron the True Fan and Y'Know Nothing Jon Snow by Umidin. Both on Fanfiction.net 

So I wanted to thank these two.

7