1 [05] – New Friend
237 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 01 - Learning About The World

Act 05 - New Friend

______________________________

It had been almost three years that Ezekiel And his family started living in Littleroot town and many things changed since that time, among them was the current situation that he found himself in.

Ezekiel was currently hanging upside down in a branch of a three while another boy laughed at him for getting in such awkward position, "Slakoth, Slakoth, you look like a Slakoth." He said while still laughing at his friends expense. The young boy that was laughing instead of finding help was one of the few friend that he made during his years in the town, mostly because there are very few kids of his age that he was happy to hang out with.

"Brendon, stop laughing like a Wailmer, you fatty, and get to help me." Shouted Ezekiel from his place hanging just from his legs and arms that are hugging the branch, much like a real Slakoth would do when sleeping in the wild.

The boy was Brendan Birch, son of Natalie and Daniel Birch, the supposed protagonist of more than one game of the pokemon franchise. If everything occurred as it should Brendan would eventually rise up to be the strongest trainer that Hoenn ever saw and will one day even catch one from legendary trio of pokemon that helped in the creation of the world, Groudon, Kyogre, or Rayquaza. But that was just some day into a distant future since right now he was nothing more than a chubby little boy that liked pokemon and making fun of his friends.

Ezekiel was initially very apprehensive in meeting the rounder boy but he instantly assumed that he was harmless when he saw that he had to hide behind his father's coat when there are strangers in the lab since he was still just a normal child, albeit a shy one when meeting new people. Over the years Ezekiel got used to seeing him more like a common boy than the supposed legendary trainer that he would be in a near future, so instead of fearing him he got in a surprisingly close friendship with the boy since he was very sensible and cool to hang out with.

Or at least most of the time since other times he could be just as much of a little shit as other kids his age, like in that exact moment, "Just stop being a coward and jump already, it's not like you'll get hurt." Was the answer that he gave to his slight older friend.

Hearing his words Ezekiel looked down and saw the fall of three meters from the branch that he was grappling and the ground which had a few Rick's under the tree, which instantly made him look up once again since he was afraid of the height. He wants to get mad with his friend for speaking that to him, get mad that he did not got him help, but he knew that in the end his Brendan was right and he should just jump from there.

On his previous life a normal kid jumping from that height would surely get him killed but he discovered very early that in this new world things are not like that, that he had a insane resistance to any form of damage or harm like everyone else and their pokemon. But even then he only discovered years later the true reason that this had been the case and could only think about how he never thought it before, since the answer was so simple yet hard to discover. What protect him was Aura, the life force hidden inside any person or pokemon. Most people thought that it was something exclusive to the Lucario evolution line but the truth was that only they had the means to manipulate that energy in a offensive way, but eve then everyone else still had their one life force that acted passively to protected them from harm. He also discovered that officials League matches are not until a pokemon get knocked out or killed but until one pokemon breaks the Aura barrier of the other pokemon, which makes the matches relatively harmless since the there are actually zero cases of injuries happening since that became the official rule.

Thus, Ezekiel just decided to release his hold over the tree branch and let gravity take its course, making him fall to the ground like a bad fruit that could not hold into the tree anymore.

"Hahahaha. You just made the funniest face ever, you should've seen it! I'll never forget it." Laughed the young boy, purely at expense of the older blond.

Ezekiel opened his eyes from his dramatic lay on the ground looking around to see if he was still alive, seeing that the world was still the same and  it another anime world he got up and inspected himself to see if he had any injury. With no damage to his heavily tanned skin from days on the sun, Ezekiel looked around searching his best friends. This time he was mad at him, mad that he did not even tried to help him, mad that he only saw his fall like a unrelated spectator.

The blond boy narrowed his eyes at the brunette, anger clear in his golden colored eyes directed at the chubby boy.

Brendan stopped laughing as his mother turned somber, he only remembered Ezekiel that mad a couple of times and none of these times had been good for him. He turned around and ran away from his raging best friend as he knew that while Ezekiel stronger and tougher than him, he was not as fast or agile as heavier of the two, something that Brendon always found extremely ironic and satisfying.

They continued that chase through the forest in the outskirts of Littleroot for a few more minutes. Brendan weaving and dodging the bushes on his way like a graceful Buttlefree, he looked to be in his natural habitat while running through that forest. Ezekiel on the other hand, looked no different from a Rhyhorm that had been annoyed by something and was proceeding to trample that something to death, which was nothing to different from the really of the situation.

"Come back here!" Shouted Ezekiel, not really fuming with anger but still wanting to continue the pursuit. Even though he was already back to his normal mood, Brendan was still to faraway to notice the change in his expression. With full arrogance and faith in the fact that he was not going to be catch soon, the brunette turned back to said something to his friend with a smirk on his face.

Unfortunately for him, he had misplaced his feet and had unknowingly crashed into a rock in his path, something that would surely not happen if he was looking forward while he ran since the rock was almost as tall as his waist.

Knocked over in the ground, Brendan finally looked to the rick that had impeded his path with a hard frown on his face, as if he was truly angry with the rock. Behind him, Ezekiel was ready catching up to him when he noticed that his friend was on the floor but what he crashed was no normal stone, but a Geodude.

"Awwn, that hurt! Probably more than your stupid fall from that stupid tree." Spoke the younger boy, still rubbing his belly where the disguised pokemon had hit him.

Ezekiel looked at the pokemon that had a annoyed look on its stony face, then to the fatty kid that was slowly starting to notice that what he stumbled was not a common rock but a genuine Rock type pokemon. He saw the terror of recognition when he understood that they had actually annoyed a wild pokemon in a forest with any adult or friendly pokemon to protect them. Normally in these parts of the forest they would not need to have someone watching them since there are only baby stage pokemon or bug types and these types are commonly known to be harmless, so they should normally be safe if they did not go out of their way to antagonize them.

Unfortunately the situation had just gotten out of hand from a second to another and they had no idea of what to do now that the tim ga are like that, until Ezekiel had a idea that he decided to gamble with.

Taking a step to place himself between the fallen boy and the moving rock, he looked deep into the eyes of the rock pokemon and reminded himself of a event that took place a couple years ago. At that day when they are almost reaching Littleroot town he had calmed Natalie's Camerupt with just his gaze, what he wanted was to replicate the effect here using his affinity with pokemon of that type.

He knew that at that time the Camerupt was already friendly and was just grumpy because he did not wanted to be messed with, but he convinced the pokemon to change his kind with just his mind anyway. Now his plan was to do the same with the weaker pokemon, albeit one with more hostility than the previous fire type.

They continued their silent staring match, golden eyes boring into the grayish brown eyes of his counterpart. Eventually the rock type pokemon decided to just let go of the previous grudge and used its arms as legs and walked in a friendly away to the blond boy, where Ezekiel just took everything in stride and started petting the head of the pokemon that had just been persuaded to be friendly instead of hostile.

"Next time you look where you go, we're not trainers yet." He spoke in a soft voice, as if to not startle to pokemon currently in his grasp.

"Sure things Zek, sure thing." Was the only answer that the boy could give him knowing that he probably got his life saved.

______________________________

Spoiler

Ezekiel Cliff - Male
Age - 06
Date - 13 September
Badges - N/A
Pokemon - N/A
Currency - N/A

[collapse]

9