Chapter 1
665 7 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapters released every Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Saturday!


"Welcome to China, Sky Yun."

In a air plane, a young man with a normal black shirt and jeans sits on a passenger seat with headphones in. His face, although covered with huge sunglasses is clear to everyone that he is extremely handsome.

The air attendant looked at him with rosy cheeks, she knew that this man since the airline’s manager had called her to pay special attention to him in particular.

He took a flight from England to China on first class, and with the call from her manager telling her to serve this man with the best of her abilities shows that this man has influence in higher places.

"The plane is landing, so please be comfortable as we land."

As soon as she said that, the man removed his headphones and in a calm and soothing voice said,

"Thank you…"

Her face burns up quickly as soon as she heard his voice. Throughout the long journey, he has not opened his mouth nor changed his deadpan expression once, this sudden thank you caused a huge wave within the air attendants’ heart.

"You-you're welcome…"

She then turned away and ran off to the staff’s suite within the air plane.

'Back to China huh'.

Although his face has a deadpan expression, his mind was currently in turmoil. He has not been in China for 10 years, he was abandoned by his family at the age of 17 and was picked up by an old man within the slums of Shanghai. He was then taught in the arts of guns and swordsmanship. He worked within a mercenary organisation run by the old man and had taken over 1,000 missions.

After a mission in England which was to protect a foreign ambassador within his trip to England, he had then received a message from the old man to return to China and call him immediately for his next missions’ detail.

As he was in deep thought, the air plane had landed and everyone within the first class had stood up and gotten off.

He took a taxi and went towards his hotel, which was located within Shanghai’s tourist district.

'I don't think anyone still remembers me huh'

It has been 10 years since he was in China, he had a different last name and lived a life perhaps many envied. But that soon changed when his family kicked him out.

'Kicking out is a funny term, perhaps expelled seems appropriate'

At the time, he felt like his world was crumbling, his mother's dead cold eyes piercing through him as an allegation against him which was false had spread.

He had a father, mother and a little sister. His mother loved him dearly and he had a little sister aged 10 to take care of.

His father however, despised his own son.

As the taxi driver alerted the man that his journey had ended, he snapped out of his nostalgia and quickly went to the hotel he had booked before.

As soon as he came to his room, he then opened up his laptop and called the old man.

RING RING

As soon as the ringing stopped, an old man's face with a fedora appeared. He had grey hair and beard, with glasses and had an already lit cigar in his mouth.

"Oh~ it’s you Yun'er. You got my message, right? This mission is pretty good I must say, but before that let me tell you about this girl with huge racks I just saw walk pass me now she…”

As soon as he called, the old man already started on random nonsense. Sky Yun was not a talkative person at all, he just wanted to know the details and get started with the mission at hand.

"Old man, you talk too much… Details and clues about mission please."

The old man suddenly turned silently. His face in deep thought as he looked at Sky Yun.

“Young man, this isn’t some quick mission you can easily finish and continue to the next.”

The old man sighed, his face sunk in deep thought as he slowly continued what he wanted to say.

“This is a mission designed for you to retire, because the contract between us has ended young man.”

Sky Yun eyes widened, he completely had forgotten the contract he signed years ago when he had joined with the old man’s company.

“It’s been 10 years since you have been with me, and although you don’t like to think about your past it is time you have a normal life. This life we currently lead only leads 2 ways and you are someone that doesn’t deserve such a horrible fate.”

The old man puffed a huge smoke from his cigar.

“The mission is simple, there is sword hidden deep within China that myth states could rip mountains apart with a single slash. This sword is something that many don’t believe in however some individuals claim that it does exist.

If this sword exists, and someone with ill intention does get a hold of the sword, will mean the end of the world as we know it.”

The old man’s cold look pierced Sky Yun’s eyes.

“This mission, is important to some but worthless to many. Focus on building a normal life and if fate has it and you do hold possession of the sword. Do contact me, for this sword is better destroyed rather used in the current society today.”

Sky Yun looked at the old man with a complicated expression, for he did not realise that this perhaps could be the only time that both could speak to each other as boss and subordinate.

Sky Yun regards the old man as a father, and now that his father has given him the chance to lead a normal life is something that he should both respect and be pleased about.

However, leaving the old man was something difficult for him. Before he had joined with the old man, he had no goals, he was left empty with his family abandoning him on the cold streets of Shanghai.

But this time is different.

“Old man, thank you for being with me for a decade. You truly are a father to me”

Sky Yun, with tears in his eyes bowed towards the old man. The old man was in complete shock, for he has never seen Sky Yun since he has worked for him shed a tear nor bow towards anyone ever.

“Young man, live a life and have a family. Do not forget the morals I have taught you throughout your training.”

The old man also shed a tear, for he knew that this man he considers a son must live a life that he can’t be apart of.

The call ended after both finished with saying goodbye, Sky Yun then lied on his bed with red eyes thinking on what type of life he shall lead for the rest of his days.

'To start a normal life huh'.

He does not know how to have a normal life, but from countless cultures from different countries he remembered something he wanted to start if he retired.

‘Let’s open a coffee shop…’

A coffee shop is a place where many individuals come and drink a cup of coffee without outside distractions nor noise. It’s a peaceful hub for those who want to remove their mind from the outside world.

This is what Sky Yun believes a coffee shop is.

He opened his laptop, and searches for shops to buy across Shanghai in particular.

He used to live in Beijing, and although he had given up on revenge towards his family years ago, he still has a resentment that perhaps could never be removed for the rest of his life.

‘Oh, shop to buy near Shanghai University?’

To open a coffee shop near a university allows Sky Yun to have customers and earn some revenue rather than opening in a desolate area with close to no one coming to the store at all.

He closes his laptop, with the coffee shop’s location in his mind now he can rest. He has went through too much today, with him on a impossible mission to retrieve a mythical artefact to then realise that his contract with the old man has ended, he needs a rest to clear his mind.

As he closes his eyes, he remembers a fateful night many years ago.


AUTHOR'S NOTES:
Thank you for reading the first chapter of 'Hidden Artefact'.
Please support us by following this novel!

13