Chapter 8
426 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapters released every Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Saturday!
AUTHOR NOTE: 
Chapter 8 released! Chapter 9 out on Thursday so stay tuned!
Please favourite this novel and follow it too! 
Thank You!
ryder, hokori, igor, poseidon, eddiesekai (PLUTO TEAM)


Opening day
Today was the day Sky Yun’s Café opens.

As Sky Yun woke up in the morning, he continued his daily exercise and cleaning up before opening the coffee shop.

As he opens the doors for the first time, Sky Yun then walked to the counter and sat on the chair. He then took a book and read the book till his first customer arrives.

DING~

The door opens and a few university students walked in, most were looking for a peaceful place to study and had stumbled upon Sky Yun’s café.

“Excuse me, can I get milk coffee please?”

One of the females came up to Sky Yun, who had his face buried in the book he was reading.

“Hmm?”

Sky Yun lifted the book from his face, to then see 4 females looking at him with bright red faces.

“Milk coffee? Okay.”

He stood up from his chair and went towards the table behind him preparing the milk coffee.

“Oh my god, he is so frickin’ handsome!”

One of the females whispered to her group of friends, she did not expect such a handsome man to run a small coffee shop like this.

Sky Yun turned his head, looking at the group in front of the counter.

“Any other orders?”

His stoic expression and masculine voice made the girls start to squeal whilst covering their faces. Sky Yun was slightly irritated that they weren’t answering his question, and that something is going on inside their heads.

“Orders...?”
He was losing patience, and when the girls snapped out of their fantasies, they then proceeded to order.

Sky Yun for the past few months, learnt how to make handcrafted coffee, which was why he was taking longer to make the coffee unlike other shops.

However, the girls didn’t mind at all and were seated in a table centre of the shop. They were whispering as low as they can, and peeked at Sky Yun making the coffee at time to time.

Sky Yun knew they were looking at him, which bothered him slightly because he did not know what was wrong with them at all.

‘This scarf is really bothering me when I make the coffee huh…’

He was currently wearing his trademark scarf around his neck, he knew that it was not needed however out of habit he continues to wear it in public.

He felt today though, that the scarf was abstracting him from making the coffee, so as he took of the scarf, the bold tattoo across his neck was visible.

“Kyaah~”

The girls, after witnessing him taking of his scarf made a squeal noise whilst covering their mouth.

His tall stature, his perfect body and handsome look was already enough. Yet, although tattoos are unpopular with the older generations in China, for some it made men even more handsome.

Sky Yun finished making the coffee, and then served it to them.

After everything was done, he went back to his seat and sat down.

The girls knew that he does not wish to interact with them, so they then started to chat amongst themselves.

“Hey, I got a text from Fei, she is coming over”

‘Fei…’

Sky Yun had a sister named Fei once, she was doted upon by everyone within the Chen family when he was around.

He loved her, although he was weak, he protected her from harm even when he had to risk his own safety.

She doesn’t even remember him probably, she might even not even know she had a brother. After all, she was 8 years old at the time.

DING~

The door opened, and Sky Yun looked over and saw 2 young men coming in.

The girls looked uncomfortable however, so Sky Yun knew that this could be trouble.

“Hey girls, listen we got a reservation at a nice restur-“

Before one of the guys could finish their sentences, the girl who ordered first to Sky Yun stood up.

“We do not like you, please leave us alone you two!”

She shouted, her friends nodded whilst having a disgusted look on their faces.

Yun Sheng did not change his expression however, his friend next to him looked dejected however.

Xiao Xin, I know that I have cheated on you but please forgive me, I promise that I am a changed man…”

The girl to the left of the person who first spoke up, stood up also and looked straight into his eyes.

“Zhao Tuo… I loved you yet you.. you did that to me…”

Sky Yun watched over the incident, just in case it went out of hand. He did not care for anyone in this matter at all, however he did not want to have a fight or any illegal activities in the café.

“Ouyang Na, I have always liked you. Please, let me show you what type of man I am…”

The girl on the right, stood up and looked at the situation with a troubled expression on her face. Yun Sheng has never done anything to her ever, yet she felt cautious due to the incident between her friend and her ex-boyfriend.

Sky Yun decided to read his book whilst he watches over the incident, to him this was like a child fighting another child and that he was the parent.

“Please, can we sit down and talk…”

Zhao Tuo was persistent in trying to persuade Xiao Xin, after going back and forth for a bit, she felt like hearing him out once.

Yun Sheng sat down next to Zhao Tuo, and the table filled up quickly.

“Ordering?”

Sky Yun finally opened his mouth, his eyes still focused on his book.

“Yeah, a latte…”

“Same as him…”

Both answered Sky Yun politely, they knew they had caused a slight commotion in the shop yet he had not interrupted them once.

Sky Yun made them their coffees and placed them on the table. The two guys were shocked to see a guy who is still in his twenties running a coffee shop.

Sky Yun returned to his counter and continued to read his book. The book was a Japanese book he picked up during his mission there to infiltrate the infamous Kriya Yakuza, which was known for their clan chairman who liked art.

He had lots of rare books, including a book forgotten by many called ‘The Art of Ninjutsu’ which was written by a assassin who fought during the Edo period in Japan.

The book discusses different ways of assassinating another person, how to infiltrate strong holds without being detected and other things needed in order to become a good assassin.

Although Sky Yun was retired, he had no other skills in life, and the only thing he was good at was fighting and killing.

DING~

“Sorry I am late, classes just finished…”

“It’s okay Feifei, come seat next to us.”

The girl who walked in the room went to take a seat next to her friends, she had a questioning look however as she saw Zhao Tuo in the table as well.

“Why- “

“Long story, I am hearing him out…”

The girl nodded and took a seat, after speaking with her friends and understand what was going on, she massaged her head.

“I’ll get a cup of coffee, please do not start talking till I come back.”

As she walked towards the counter, she saw a man who was reading his book in silence.

Before she ordered, she took a glance at the book and found out that the book is Japanese. She was shocked however, as she could tell that the man in front of her is Chinese based on looks however.

“Hello, can I get a coffee…”

Sky Yun lifted his face from the book and stared at the girl in front of him. His eyebrows raised as he stared at her as he recalled something, it was his sister he held dear to his heart.

“You have grown Fei’er, I’ll get you your coffee…”

When Chen Fei’er heard him say her name intimately, she gave a shocked expression. Only a few people in her family has ever called her that, yet this man…

“Excuse me… Do I know you?”

Sky Yun turned his head, and chuckled slightly.

“Of course, you are my little sister after all.”

13