Chapter 9
393 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapters released every Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Saturday!
AUTHOR NOTE: 
Chapter 9 now! Thanks for the support and you guys know the drill, support by following this novel and favourite it also!
Thank You!
ryder, hokori, igor, poseidon, eddiesekai (PLUTO TEAM)


Who do you remind me of?
“You are my sister after all”

Chen Fei widened her eyes as she heard the bold claims from the man in front of her. She has never heard such nonsense in her life, for she doesn’t remember having a brother who runs a coffee shop.

However, he did resemble someone she knows…

“Sister? Who said I am even related to you?”
She retorted back coldly, she felt uncomfortable that this man called her his sister.

Sky Yun knew she doesn’t remember him from looking at her reaction, so he decided not to bring up the subject. He does not care if the family finds him or not, he has cut ties with them in his mind a long time ago.

There was a time however, he wanted revenge. But that’s all in the distant past now, he grew up and realised that revenge is a sign of weakness and he should move on and focus on himself.

He turned around, and started to make coffee. Chen Fei looked at him, and was confused on why he did not respond to her.

‘Come to think about it, he did not even look at me when I came in either…’

Ever since she was in high school, men turned and looked at her no matter where she was. Her beauty mesmerized many, including now in Shanghai.

‘He perhaps did not realise I came in…?’
She did not know why she felt the need to think about it, but something does not feel right.

As she was in deep thought, Sky Yun handed her coffee and sat back down on his stool and continued to read his book.

Chen Fei was still in thought, until her friends called her name.

“Feifei, hurry up so he can start talking!”

She snapped out of her thought, and realised that her coffee was already in front of her. She was about to shout at Sky Yun, till she realised he was focused on reading his book rather than caring about her at all.

This was a first for her, she was a part of the famous Chen Family of Beijing, she was always the centre of attention and was the dream girl of many. Yet this man who claimed to be her brother wasn’t bothered by her at all.

She decided to not think about it at all, so she grabbed her coffee and went towards her friends table.

Sky Yun, who knew that Chen Fei was confused, chuckled.

He finished reading his book, checking the time on his watch it was nearly lunch.

The counter had a kitchen, installed with a stove and fridge filled with ingredients he bought from the market close by.

Sky Yun had one hobby for many years, that was cooking.

He felt calm and in peace whilst cooking, his mind only focused on what he is making rather than what’s going on in his life.

The table filled with university students were in a deep discussion, he did not care about the drama they were having.

He stood up from his seat, and went towards the fridge.

He decided to make mixed vegetable stir fry, something he liked to eat and was extremely healthy for the body.

He took out ingredients from the fridge. He then went inside the cupboard to find a large wok and placed it on the stove.

He placed 1 tablespoon of oil and started to fry the broccoli. After a minute of frying the broccoli, he added a splash of water and covered the lid for 3 minutes.

He began to then peel the garlic, then crushed it into 4 garlic cloves. Then he sliced the ginger and grated it, he peeled and sliced the carrots too.

He chopped mushrooms, and cut the asparagus into bite sized pieces.

This took 3 minutes, and already the broccoli was done.

He lifted the lid, then tipped all the vegetables that he was preparing into the pan for 5 minutes.

During this whole sequence of events, the university students were all looking at Sky Yun. The smell coming from the counter made them drool and distracted them from their talk.

“What is he cooking?”

“I think it is stir fry?”

Chen Fei was looking at Sky Yun with squinted eyes, he reminds her of someone she knows, but she does not know who she is resembling him towards.

“Feifei, I have never seen you look at another man this much before. No way, the goddess of Beijing is in love??”

Ouyang Na, who was known for her cheeky remarks to her best friend was shocked to see the cold beauty was looking at another person, let alone another man!

“Wha- no! He just reminds me of someone I know that’s all…”

Chen Fei turned her head and stared at her friend next to her.

“Anyways, Zhao Tuo, you cheated on her because you thought she was cheating on you? What is this nonsense?!”

Back to their talk, Sky Yun heard everything they were talking about despite focused on cooking. In terms of looks, Sky Yun did not look like his father at all. He was known for looking like his mother so much that if he wore a wig people would think it was her.

However, after years of missions and a more healthier life style, he looked more completely different from when he was younger. However, he still had the big bright eyes that were like his mothers.

He went back to focusing on cooking, after frying the vegetables, he placed a slurry of soy sauce and cornflour and drizzled it over the vegetables and stirred it to coat it evenly.

He then placed it on a plate, and grabbed a fork and started to dig in.

The conversation at the table was over, and from what Sky Yun could see, Zhao Tuo was forgiven and everything was harmonious.

They stood up from their seats, and went towards the counter and paid for their coffees.

Chen Fei looked over at the man who was eating his food alone, she was racking her mind, trying to figure out who he resembles so deeply in her mind.

Xiao Xin, Ouyang Na, Yu Sheng and Zhao Tuo all turned their heads and stared at Chen Fei, she did not care anymore and continued to think harder and harder…

Then she realised… why does he look exactly like her mother?

He even said he was her brother as well, now she was truly confused.

Sky Yun, who was eating, looked up at her and stared deeply into her eyes.

“You really do look like that fucker huh…”

Chen Fei really did look like that bastard of a father, which irritated Sky Yun slightly. Although he does not hate his sister at all, just the thought of that man causes him to feel disgusted.

“You mean… my father?”
Chen Fei hesitantly said.

Sky Yun then continued to eat his food, not answering that question at all. Chen Fei took the hint and walked out with her friends who were confused at their interaction.

‘I need to meet mother… and ask her what is going on…’

14