Chapter 10
384 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapters released every Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Saturday!
AUTHOR NOTE: 
Chapter 10 released! Please favourite this novel and follow it too! 
Thank You!
ryder, hokori, igor, poseidon, eddiesekai (PLUTO TEAM)


Do I have a brother?
Sky Yun looked at his departing sister, realising that once she goes back to the Chen Family, they will find out that he is still alive.

He finished eating his stir fry mixed vegetables, and washed his plate. He continued to keep the coffee shop opened for a few hours, with only a couple of people ordering.

As he stood up from his seat, he then walked towards the door and closed the shop. The first day was very relaxing for him, he now understood why retired men preferred to open a coffee shop rather than a business.

RING RING~

His phone was ringing, it was weird however, since no one called him at this time.

As he checked the number, it was from Mr Ling. He saved his number in case he needed more products from the farm, but Mr Ling has never called him though.

He picked up the phone, put it on speaker and focused on cleaning the coffee shop.

“Hello? Mr Ling”

No one answered for a while, but after a few seconds a nervous female voice spoke.

“Er-erm, is this Sky Yun…?”

Sky Yun knew it was Ling Xue, Mr Ling’s daughter. He had saved her when he visited the coffee shop a while ago from a forced relationship.

“Yeah, how are you Ling Xue”

What came out of his mouth was very unusual, even for him. He has never started a conversation that was meaningless yet for some reason he had asked a question that felt caring.

“Owah! I-I am re-real-really good, so good, super great!”

Sky Yun could tell Ling Xue was really nervous, which surprised him. He did not understand why she would be nervous talking to him.

“Good, why did you call me tonight.”

Sky Yun went straight to the point, although he said it with a caring voice.

“I ju-just wanted to say hi…”

He did not know why, but when he heard what Ling Xue had said, he felt something warm inside him.

He met Ling Xue once, and felt she was an innocent girl that was extremely beautiful in his eyes. Although not compared to others, he felt that she has someone unique that made him feel mesmerized.

“Well, is that all?”

His emotions were in a spiral, although he did not show it, he felt his heart pounding faster and faster.

“N-no um… Ca-can I call you tomorrow??”

Sky Yun did not have a problem with her calling, no, he felt something more than that. He felt happiness, warmth and pleasure from her calling, which was odd.

“Anytime, just call me on this number. I will hang up now then.”

He quickly hanged up and placed the mop in which he was using in the corner. After locking the coffee shop door, he quickly walked towards his bedroom threw himself to his bed.

His mind was filled with thoughts of Ling Xue, but he did not know why. Is it because he saved her? Is it because she had something that made him interested? Or is it perhaps because she called just to say hi on a person who has always been alone.

This sort of feeling could only be love, but Sky Yun did not want to accept it as love just yet, he wanted to know why he loves her rather than having these feelings.

He held his phone on his right hand and clinched it tightly, realising that he will find out the answer to his question very soon.

 

In Mr Ling’s house, Ling Xue held her father’s phone close to her chest. The words said by Sky Yun repeating over and over again in her head.

‘Anytime, just call me on this number’

Ling Xue squealed in delight, after a long time of contemplating on if she should call him, she finally got the courage and it paid off.

She has never felt this before; all she thinks about is Sky Yun.

His elegance, cold self. His beauty that can steal any woman if he wants. Him saving her…

She has met him once, yet it felt like a lifetime. This sort of feeling is only seen in stories yet to her, it’s a reality.

‘I’ll call him tomorrow, and the day after that and the day after that…’

As she closes her eyes, a huge smile appears.

 

For a week, Sky Yun has continued to run his coffee shop. His sister hasn’t been to the shop since he exposed himself slightly but he did not care. He just wants peace, without drama nor mess.

He lived his life in peace, with him running the coffee shop during the day and at night…

“Hi a-again Sky Yun…”

Ling Xue calls him.

He does not know why, although they talk on the phone for a minute or 2, he has felt really happy.  However, he does not show that to Ling Xue.

“How are you.”

The repeated conversation from the previous days, Sky Yun asks if she is fine, Ling Xue says she is good and then they hang up.

“I-I want to erm…”

Ling Xue seemed hesitant, Sky Yun realised this.

“Hm? Anything wrong?”

Although it was said unemotionally, it was clear to Ling Xue that Sky Yun worries about her wellbeing, which boosts her confidence.

“Can I vi-visit your place tomorrow?”

Sky Yun went silent for a few minutes. He wished to see her however, he does not know how to express it without sounding too cold.

“Su-sure…”

He quickly hanged up the phone and realised he had lost his cool. He held his hands to his face and breathed heavily, from all his battles he has never hesitated in any situation yet now…

 

Ling Xue looked at her phone in complete silent with a gasped expression.

‘He said yes, oh my god he said yes!’

She pumped her fist in the air and started to pack her bag. Mr Ling was standing outside her door, listening to everything that had occurred with a smile on his face.

 

“Oh, Fei’er, you came home! It isn’t the holidays, already right?”

Chen Fei walked into her mother’s room, and silently closed the door. Her mother who was eating her food, placed her fork on the plate, realising something had happened stared at her daughter.

“What’s wrong sweetheart?”

Chen Fei hesitated, she wanted to know the answer so badly yet she felt she would be involved in something big. She closed her eyes and opened her mouth after staying silent for a few seconds.

“Mother, I met a man in his late twenties claiming to be my brother. Tell me, do I have a brother or not.”

Her mother dropped her plate and looked at her daughter in complete shock.

 

 

15