Chapter 20
317 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapters released every Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Saturday!
AUTHOR NOTE: 
Hey! Chapter 20 is here! this chapter if you enjoy it!

Thank You!
ryder, hokori, igor, poseidon, eddiesekai (PLUTO TEAM)


The Old Man's Visit, Part III
“Boss, we just got intel that the Chairman of the Round table was assassinated. It was a silent job, sniped cleanly as he walked towards his limo. We got the intel late, so other networks already got the news.”

Sky Long who was drinking his tea choked, assassinated? The situation is already heated with many of the round table members disputing on what territory they run.

“What was he doing before his death?”

The spy opened a document that he prepared for Sky Long, in it contained different images of the chairman walking into and out of different buildings.

Sky Long was handed the document and read it carefully for any clues. His instinct tells him that something occurred before the chairman’s death.

His gaze looked at a certain photo, which was the chairman walking into a building and left with a huge box.

The box although looked normal, was filled with locks, and the chairman had his hand cuffed to the handle.

He then looked at the chairman minutes before his death, the box wasn’t in his hand no more. He quickly recalled the previous announcement; his mind went blank.

The memories flooding back to him, his wife and son dead on the ground, his hand with a sword so beautiful shining brighter than any star he has ever seen.

“Sky Yun, he is searching for it, isn’t he?”

He grabbed his phone and told the spy to keep an eye on the situation at hand.

“Oho~ Young man! It's been a long time since I've spoken to you!”

 “Do you need anything?”

“Listen, the underworld is currently in chaos. I just need you to know this; do not, and I repeat do not, search for the artefact I had told you to find.”

 “Old man, I was about to search for it - “

“DO NOT, AND I REPEAT DO NOT, SEARCH FOR THE ARTEFACT.”

The old man cut off Sky Yun’s sentence with a clear and loud statement.

After the conversation, his previous positive attitude he just had completely gone and his body slouching on the chair.

“Sir, we just got word that the Hashimoto Clan and the Italian Mafia had agreed to a partnership and that the new chairman will be both Franklin Russo and Kazuma Hashimoto.”

Sky Long didn’t answer, the spy felt the atmosphere thicken with killing intent and stood there with shivering legs.

“Leave.”

The simple command caused the spy to run out of the door. Sky Long sat there with his head looking at the ceiling above him.

 

Sky Long stopped talking, Sky Yun sat there staring at the old man and both haven’t spoken a word for a few minutes.

“Old man, if this sword is real… Then shouldn’t you run…”

Sky Long looked at Sky Yun, and nodded his head.

“I have thought about running many times, but that would be disrespectful to my son and wife…”
Sky Yun folded his arms, the situation is dire to the point that anything can erupt and the whole underworld will be in chaos.

“I will come out of retir- “

“No.”

Sky Long interrupted Sky Yun, he had retired Sky Yun at first to find the sword but now he wishes for Sky Yun to stay away from the underworld.

“You have a girl, one day you will have a child. Kid, the world we we’re a part of is something too dangerous. Look at me, I had a family whilst being a mercenary, and both, my wife and son, ended up dead.”

Sky Yun just looked straight at the old man, and nodded his head.

“Life is not a game, young man. We live only once, and in the world we’re a part of, you should understand that the outcome of your life, would be death.”

Sky Long lowered his fedora once again and stood up, he called in his bodyguards who were in the car and walked towards the café door.

“Listen up, I’ll be here for the charity ball. I know your sister is coming, so I want to tell you a secret. The head of the triad, Dong Dewei, will be in attendance. The Chen Family knows this also, and wishes for Chen Fei to meet him, and perhaps sway Dong Dewei in helping the Chen Family.”

Sky Yun heard this and slowly stood up, the bodyguards’ legs were shaking and even the old man, who felt this intense killing intent pouring out of Sky Yun, felt dizzy.

“So, they wish to give my sister’s body in order to gain support for the triad?”

Each word, filled with immense power caused the bodyguards to faint. The old man sighed and picked both of the men up before turning to Sky Yun.

“That man, your father. He really is a piece of shit.”

The old man walked out, Sky Yun stood there and was breathing heavily. His sister is innocent, and the love apparently given to her by that bastard was so much that she cherished him. Yet, he is willing to sell his daughter just so that he can gain a favour from the triad?

RING RING~

His phone was ringing, and he checked to see who it was.

It was Ling Xue, Sky Yun calmed down and answered the phone.

“Yun, how are you?”
He heard her voice, and slowly he regained his usual demeanour.

“I am okay. How is your father?”

“You mean our father! Sheesh, anyways he is fine and when he heard that we got married at first, he stood there shocked. Afterwards, he kept telling me to ‘get him a grandchild’ soon. I haven’t seen him this happy ever.”

Ling Xue chuckled, at first, she had thought that her father would be mad about marrying without his consent but it seemed he was delighted.

“Listen, Xue’er. I am currently busy, call me tonight.”

Sky Yun hanged up without allowing Ling Xue to answer, his mind was occupied with the thought of his sister being sold to the triad.

He closed his eyes, he slowly drifted to a deep sleep.

The same nightmare repeated again, the girl dying in his arms and the tears he had wept all coming back to him.

But it was slightly different to what he usually dreamt however.

8