Chapter 23
481 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapters released every Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Saturday!
AUTHOR NOTE: 
Chapter 23 is here! Hope you have a wonderful evening.

Thank You!
ryder, hokori, igor, poseidon, eddiesekai (PLUTO TEAM)


Useless & Arrogant
“Get up. If you give up, just leave this place and don’t ever come back.”

The next morning, Sky Yun decided to improve their physiques by breaking past their limits with intense physical training. However, the intense training caused many of the soldiers to fall down after an hour.

Sky Yun was really annoyed, how could solders be this useless? To join the army, one would expect them to be fit enough to survive the wilderness for a very long time yet this ‘elite’ group can’t even survive training.

General Wu was really embarrassed with this crew, although some joined the army to protect this country, most were forced to join and had no motivation to improve themselves whatsoever.

As Sky Yun told them to get up or leave, many of the soldiers were contemplating on leaving. This slight hesitation was seen by Sky Yun, which led him to leave the camp without saying anything.

General Wu didn’t wish to ask Sky Yun to come back, knowing that the new instructor was really not in the mood.

Sky Yun didn’t care for the soldiers, however as a person who always give 100% in any given situation, this was something that really made him angry.

He walked not towards his place, but took a bus to the nearest city from the camp. The city at this time was packed, filled with cars and people walking the streets and going into shops.

Sky Yun walked towards a restaurant to have his lunch, as he walked inside, he was greeted by a waiter.

“Sir, do you wish to have a table.”

“That table close to the window.”

He was then directed towards a table, where no one can see him and he looked at the view of the town. The street itself was filled with stalls filled with different items consisting of shirts, watches and other items.

“What would you like?”

Sky Yun returned his gaze to the waiter awaiting his order.

“Give me your most popular meal.”

He did not care what he ate, he was just hungry and wished to sit in peace. The waiter, although surprised at the customer’s order at first, returned to the kitchen to get his order.

Sky Yun sat waiting for his order in silence, however he was disturbed when a certain customer came in.

“Hey, I want the table that young man is sitting on. Give it to me. Now!”

A middle-aged man with a solider uniform walked in with air filled with arrogance. His finger pointed towards Sky Yun’s table as he yelled at the waiter who was supposed to take him to his table.

As the waiter and saw Sky Yun was seated at that table, he knew that this situation was going to go downhill.

“What are you hesitating for? I am a lieutenant colonel of the Chinese army. You are saying that I am less important than the customer over there? What has that man done for the country?”

The ‘colonel’ held his head high, his arrogance made Sky Yun feel disgusted. Although arrogance was something that Sky Yun doesn’t mind, to be arrogant you must have some sort of quality.

Being a higher rank in the Chinese army isn’t something worth having arrogance over.

“Customer, I am sorry but can that man have your seat?”

Sky Yun gazed at the colonel; his gaze left the colonel feeling a shiver down his spine.

“You, who do you serve in the army.”

The colonel was shocked at the question that the young man had asked, so he held his head high once again.

“My superior officer is General Wu, he is currently in the camp training the troops so I was advised to take time off until the training finished!”

‘General Wu, you really are a useless person recruiting absolute idiots…’

Sky Yun really was fed up with General Wu, this was the 2nd time someone acted this way towards him and was recruited from the army by General Wu.

He took out his phone, and called the General once again.

The middle-aged man was impatient, he wanted to have his meal yet the man in front of him wasn’t getting up but rather making a call.

He became a colonel after continuously sucking up to the General which enabled him to gain the job. He had the power, the woman and the money. This lifestyle was something he has wished for since he was young.

After a few years of being a colonel, arrogance was in his bones and he thought he was better than most.

“Young man, get the fuck off the chair before I beat the living shit out of you.”

Sky Yun however, didn’t even look at the man once. He waited for someone to pick up, and after the phone connected, he didn’t even allow the general to even say hello.

“I decided to not do the job anymore, you really have idiotic men in your service. Goodbye.”

He hanged up, and looked at the middle-aged man and scoffed. After paying for his uneaten meal, Sky Yun stood up and walked out with the ‘colonel’ standing there in a slight daze.

Who did the young man speaking to? He felt a bad omen was about to fall on him but after a few seconds of being in a dazed he decided to ignore it and continue to eat his food in peace.

 

In the camp, General Wu looked at his phone and was fuming. Someone within service annoyed Sky Yun now he has lost his greatest benefit. He took his phone to his office and opened his tracking app which allowed him to track the location of phone calls.

After seeing that the phone was located within a restaurant in a city, he then took his jacket and travelled towards the restaurant.

 

Sky Yun walked around the streets; many sellers came to him advertising their products. He ignored them and continued walking forward, he then found another restaurant which was slightly inferior to the previous one but this place had less customers which suited Sky Yun.

“Welc- “

A girl greeted the man in front of her, but her mind was in a daze because she recognised him straight away.

Many things about the man changed, but his eyes were the only thing that caused her to remember.

“Che-Che- Chen Yun??!?”

‘Ah, it is the class president during high school.’

9