004 : The Paint Is Wrong!
14.7k 6 148
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lin Mian Mian's hand trembled as he touched the red spot. His cinnabar is supposed to be very light, why does it look very dark right now? The concentration of the color could be seen in one glance making Lin Mian Mian a high quality grade ger in an instant. Not only it showed a rare dark color, there's a possibility that his fertility rate went over the hundred percent!

How can this be? How did this happen?

More than the reaction Lin Mian Mian have, Lu Mao's face can be seen as grave! It is as if he was the one in danger. Lin Mian Mian's cinnabar did not change color from his previous life. It remained pink and light until his master drank the poison that it became lighter. Seeing it darker now... If the emperor sees this it would be hard for Lin Mian Mian to escape.

"Master, why is it very... red?" Lu Mao asked. He has no idea why it suddenly changed shade.

Lin Mian Mian remained silent. Somehow, he has a gist to why the pink colored cinnabar suddenly become red. If it was the original Lin Mian Mian, then the pink cinnabar will forever remain. However, when he transmigrated, his soul integrated a new value causing the light color to darken.

Lin Mian Mian is originally male. He is a healthy young man who is in the peak of fertility. If he did not transmigrated, he could have found a wife of his own and have kids the next day. His high fertility rate as a man was converted to that of a ger, his soul changing the original's body from the weak to a sturdy one.

That must be the reason why he recovered some strength by just simply sleeping, unlike the original Lin Mian Mian that needed a few days of rest to have the energy to stand up. Somehow, Lin Mian Mian wanted to mock and laugh at his fate. He has a high fertility rate huh?

Being potent is a man's dignity. Lin Mian Mian will surely celebrate this fact. It would be good if he were the one who plants the seed. But he was the one being planted ah. Why should be happy after knowing this?

Lin Mian Mian heaved a sigh. Now that it changed shade, he can't do anything about it, right? It's better to accept reality and think of some solution to go with it. But the servants showed an utter turmoil. They can't accept this happening! They are happy that their master can give birth to his beloved child right now but that only means a shackle was created to bind Lin Mian Mian to the palace.

He can no longer escape.

"Master, master, what should we do? This is dangerous," Lu Mao showed a terrifying reaction. "We can't allow anyone to see this color!"

Lin Mian Mian wondered why this servant reacted like this. Though, he still acted as if he is so dumb and naive. His face showed a frown scrunching his beautiful brows together. The servants can't help but to gulp. Their master is still so beautiful even while frowning!

"What does Xiao Mao mean? Why is this dangerous?" Lin Mian Mian asked.

Lu Mao knows how his master's inability to detect danger so he calmed his self to explain. "Master, a problem might arise if the people will see master's concentrated cinnabar. Especially those of the ladies from the harem. They will feel envious of master's ability to give birth to male heirs, increasing the possibility of an attack. The concubines, no, even other officials who think that master can get favor of the Emperor will start making schemes to pull master down."

The palace is the exact place where the strong tramples the weak.

Lin Mian Mian was surprised upon hearing his reason. He never thought that a mere nine years old understands the dark secrets of the palace. What a weird kid. Still, he said in a worried tone: "What is this child saying? You should not badmouth the people around you. What could have happen if they heard you?"

"Master, please listen to me. What I am saying is all true. We all know what bad plans those guys will do. Master, they will try to eliminate you. They know that the emperor favored you. They are scared to be outwitted. That's why we should go out and escape," Lu Mao said. The three maids nodded in unison.

Lin Mian Mian pondered over his words. "What do you mean your master should do? My father is already in heaven. It was his death wish for me to stay here. It will break my heart if I will try to escape."

Lu Mao knows how Lin Mian Mian loved his father. "But master, it will break General Lin's heart to see you hurt. General Lin is a very good master; he will do anything to protect master. But he did not see the dangers of the palace."

It is true that Lin Mian Mian wanted to run away. He stared at Lu Mao and thought. Why does this nine years old kid knows about the palace schemes? As what he can remember, the Lu Mao from the original memory is clumsy brat. He might look sophisticated but he can be easily fooled. That's why Lin Mian Mian did not manage to avoid trouble until the end. Lu Mao felt that he was so weak that time. But now that he holds the power of the future, Lu Mao can help his master.

Fu Xing roamed around the window and looked up in the sky. He turned around to face the group.

"Remember, the emperor will come at five. We should fix it before the emperor arrives. We only have three hours left," he reminded. Lu Mao nodded to the soldier and faced his master.

"Master, trust me. Something will happen and the emperor will be busy after two weeks. We can plan out your escape when the emperor is not watching. Right now we should do something to cover master's cinnabar."

Lin Mian Mian understood it now. When he heard Lu Mao say about two weeks, he can guess that these guys also reincarnated. The difference would be that Lin Mian Mian is from the other world. He smiled, thinking how things will become easy now. He looked at Yue and said: "To cover... do you have any paint?"

Lu Mao and Fu Xing both raised a question mark. Why is their master looking for paint? Did he want to paint despite his situation now? They know that Lin Mian Mian is skilled in painting but this is not the right time to do it. But the ladies know what he meant by those words and quickly searched at the vanity table. After five minutes, the maids returned with a box of make-up and stuff. The two boys somehow nodded after understanding.

He just means make-up ah!

"We can cover this mark with a powder. Though, we will not cover it full." Well, because if they cover it the emperor will notice his mark missing. to let it show a bit makes it less suspicious.

"Master, please use this paste to stick the powder," Luli said showing a jar of white cream. She took a dip from it and mixes to the skin colored powder. She applied it her hand covering the white portion of her wrists.

The tone did not match her skin but that was her intention. She showed the brown paint and let it dry. Lin Mian Mian watched him with curiosity.

"Master can cover the mark with powder but what will happen if somebody will splash water? By adding this paste to the powder, the color will stick to the skin even wet. It can only be removed if you really rub it thoroughly."

She demonstrated it like a sales person selling some beauty products. She soaked her hand to the nearby basin but the powder did not disperse. The drops only slipped off like how it does with the skin. Then, Luli rubbed the paint. It took her a few minutes before the color went off. It also uses force to peel the color away. Lin Mian Mian was delighted with the outcome and quickly handed the job to Luli.

The red cinnabar is really dark. It will surely make any ger jealous to him. Luli and Co skillfully covered the cinnabar with the paint matching Lin Mian Mian's color. It took them a few layers before the original color started to appear. After a few strokes, Lin Mian Mian's cinnabar became pink. He looks at the mirror to check it and yes it really matched from his memory.

"Thank you," he said to the maids with a smile. His smile is very contagious so the girls giggled.

"By this, the emperor will not notice the cinnabar," Lu Mao made a sigh of relief.

Lin Mian Mian nodded. But that did not cover everything. This child is really naive. Even after reincarnation, Lu Mao is still a child. Well, didn't he die at fifteen? It's normal for him not to know this stuff. Lin Mian Mian made an obvious sigh to catch their attention. Lu Mao reacted.

"What's the matter master? Are you not feeling well?"

"We solved the cinnabar but it can't solve the problem internally. If it changed to a darker red, it means that my fertility also increased. If the Emperor and I..."

Lin Mian Mian needs not to finish the words. The servants already celebrated their first success, but then another problem came. This is much worse than the red cinnabar! They can't stop their master from getting pregnant. Lu Mao started walking around in circled, his face full of panic.

For a nine year old, his face really looks very old due to stress.

"Don't worry," Lin Mian Mian patted the small head of the boy. "I think of a solution."

Lu Mao's eyes twinkled when he heard that. His master knows what to do? That's weird. His master hated schemes. Actually, hiding his cinnabar must have hurt his feelings. Lu Mao stared at his master's eyes and saw something different. His master... is this his master?

He looks very strong and determined!

Those are the eyes of a soldier, the same with General Lin.

"What is it master? I will do anything to help you," Lu Mao felt a sudden excitement. They are trying to fight against fate. This is considered as an impossible thing from the start.

Lin Mian Mian smiled. He whispered the details to the small child. Lu Mao nodded as he listened intently to the words of his master. He can't believe that his master is this witty. When Lin Mian Mian is done, he ordered the kids to give him the materials quickly. Lu Mao headed the group like a boy scout and vanished to fetch the things.

Little did these adorable schemers know that somebody is watching them from the dark.

148