010 : Placing Yourself In Other Shoes
12.5k 12 146
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There could have been a misunderstanding.

From the start, Lin Mian Mian followed the memories of the original soul. Each thought and actions are taken from the past events that will lead to the original's demise. To avoid reaching his death after five years, Lin Mian Mian vowed to do the opposite and act as silent as possible. In this way, he will be able to grant the wishes of the original soul and to live the extended life he was given.

Lin Mian Mian was able to trace the points of conflict that caused the original soul to perish.

One - General Lin's death. If General Lin did not die, his testament of marrying Lin Mian Mian to Yan JinLong could have been voided. General Lin's death is inevitable, yet, it played a huge role of Lin Mian Mian's suffering. If only he did not include this 'marriage proposal' on his dying will, Lin Mian Mian could have been living a free and simple life away from the palace schemes.

Lin Mian Mian did not know why General Lin suddenly wanted his son to marry the emperor. Even though he received all the memories clearly, the original Lin Mian Mian isn't really that close to his father. Yes, the original did loved his doting father but the times that they are together are only limited. After all, General Lin is always on the battlefield training his soldiers while Lin Mian Mian is busy with his education.

With that reason, Lin Mian Mian is not aware of General Lin's relationship with Yan JinLong. What he all know is that the emperor trusted the general so much that he leaves his back on the old man to protect. For what reason the general decided to give his son to the bastard is unknown, and this made Lin Mian Mian question the credibility of the original soul's memory.

Well, Lin Mian Mian wasn't able to avoid this conflict so he temporarily kept this idea aside on the back of his mind.

Two - The twelve green tea-bitches from the Imperial Harem. If not with the schemes of Imperial Harem did Lin Mian Mian will not lose his ability to give birth. Their involvement in this case caused the greatest impact of the story. It was the Imperial Harem that made Lin Mian Mian's life miserable that lead him to commit suicide.

Now, this point made Lin Mian Mian wonder. Why does the Imperial Harem wanted to eliminate the thirteenth concubine? There are no reasons to suddenly antagonize the original Lin Mian Mian because the man himself isn't capable of making trouble. The original Lin Mian Mian is so kind to the point that he will give his heart to anyone who needed it without thinking twice.

And if they are worried because he was ger, Lin Mian Mian is still an average one. He can give birth to sons, which is a fact. But there's a high chance that his sons will not be part of the competition of getting the crown. After all, the first-born is already near the coming of age and the succeeding princes are also old enough to become the emperor. Lin Mian Mian's sons are decades away to become part of it.

Also, Lin Mian Mian will surely rather want his children to live a happy and simple life than to rule over the kingdom.

Then, why do they want to eliminate the thirteenth concubine?

Lin Mian Mian is being favored by the emperor, which is normal for the one-month romance bastard. If they are worried that he will bear children, then why are they not worried when the other females from the harem constantly give birth to princes in each year? Why bully the newcomer?

He has no answer in this question that made Lin Mian Mian to become more vigilant. He might not able to avoid the first point of conflict but this one is still coming. He has to think of ways to trap these bitches in a sink hole and expose their blackened hearts.

Third and the last point - Yan JinLong raping Lin Mian Mian. Not only did the bastard man defile the purity of Lin Mian Mian but he also destroyed the remaining dignity left from the pure being. During this time, the original Lin Mian Mian was still mourning from his sudden complication; yet, the emperor only poured corrosive salt to the already rotting wound. He only made the broken doll to shatter.

If ever this incident happened in the modern times, Lin Mian Mian will not think twice to punch the bastard's nose, kick his balls until he can no longer bear children, and beat the whole life out from him. He will not care if he's the emperor or the president of some first world countries. What he cared about is the crime that he committed and the greatest punishment that should be given.

No matter what kind of situation is, rape is a crime. May it be a girl or a boy, rape is a crime. Lin Mian Mian hated this the most.

Though, despite the disgust residing his heart, he still wanted to know why the emperor suddenly decided to rape the original. The news that the thirteenth wife suddenly became colorless spread like wildfire. The people who know the poor child could only pity the man knowing that he has fallen to the schemes made the palace. However, none of them wanted to execute the concubine. Actually, if the emperor decided to throw the concubine away, the town people will wholeheartedly accept the young man with open arms.

Then, what made the emperor do that to Lin Mian Mian? Is he mad? If Lin Mian Mian suddenly becomes colorless, then why not exile the person than to continuously made him suffer? Why not just give him lashes or execute him to death? Why not just leave him alone?

Lin Mian Mian is right with the emperor's wrongdoings. But what he did also realized is that all of these points are only taken from the original Lin Mian Mian's perspective. What the other think or the causes of their actions are all unknown and hidden. Lin Mian Mian did suffer from these people. But nobody knows that they might also be suffering from the same deed...

Which is true.

Lin Mian Mian did not know that from the other side, the emperor is also suffering. He did not know that the person who loved him the most suffered the full blow, and in order to protect his beloved, that person has to sacrifice everything - including his happiness.

His memories ended after he killed himself. What happened after is a mystery. When the original Lin Mian Mian died, what happened to the emperor? What did he do the moment he saw the cold body of his beloved? What actions did he make after realizing that the person that made his puzzling life complete has left him alone in this cruel world?

Did he also suffer?

Lin Mian Mian opened his eyes. The memories of the original Lin Mian Mian will never cease to remind him the cruelty he received, yet, it never became a nightmare. After all, the original Lin Mian Mian viewed the world differently. Despite the hate and anger hidden deep in his subconscious, he still loves this person.

Lin Mian Mian still loved Yan JinLong.

The morning arrived with no problem. The sun is still beaming bright today, still billions of years away from its destruction. The sky has been lit bright with the blue sky sheltering the feathery clouds floating aloof. The birds are already hours awake, feeding their young ones with their early catch. The servants and working commoners are on the streets making the daily bustling city noisy with happy voices again.

Lin Mian Mian caught sight of the sunlight as it passes through the slits of the curtains. He raised his arms to cover the bright light, though it did not annoy him the least. The sunlight isn't painful to the skin unlike the modern Earth. In this era, the sun is still skin friendly. This movement made the person beside him to tighten the already tight hug. Lin Mian Mian shifted to look at the huge man caging him on his arms.

Yan JinLong is already awake. He has been, about two hours ago. The emperor's body clock wakes him up as early as five in the morning. That is due to the preparations that he needed to do before attending the daily court meetings. Yet, the emperor is still on the bed with his wife, ignoring the incoming sounds of that certain minister that will surely pester him about his responsibilities of being the nation's most important leader.

Why he is still beside his wife? The answer is simple. He wanted to watch his beloved sleep. He wanted to see Lin Mian Mian to have a calm and secured sleep inside his arms. Occasionally, he would kiss his hair or his forehead, and when trickster hare suddenly suggested to maybe touching him a bit, that, he would also do it. Well, his touches is only limited to kissing the adorable pink lips, or to lick the pale cinnabar, or leave a trail of strawberries on his neck down to his collar, or to taste a bit from his perking nubs...

Yan JinLong is a pervert. And he's proud of it.

Lin Mian Mian is still in a daze when he found the emperor beside him. He wasn't aware that he was half naked, or that he was totally in a very dangerous situation. He was feeling comfortable and safe that it took him time to realize that he was sleeping side by side with a fuccboi. His eyes widened in fear as his body jerked up to escape.

This reaction saddens the emperor but he did not let go. Instead, he leaned his body closer to the scared young man and kissed his forehead. Lin Mian Mian is still tense, but he loosens up when he realized that the emperor is soothing him.

"Good Morning, baby," Yan JinLong said.

Lin Mian Mian did not reply, he has no obligation to do so.

Yan JinLong noticed that Lin Mian Mian's eyes are still swollen from crying. So he reached out to wipe off the dried tears on the corner. Lin Mian Mian let the man do it. At least, Yan JinLong is gentle. He did not rush.

"Will you really leave me?" Yan JinLong asked. Lin Mian Mian did not answer him last night, and still did not answer him now. The emperor never met anyone who never answered his questions still alive, yet he was tolerating this stubborn wife. He kissed Lin Mian Mian's forehead once again to show his love.

It's okay. He can wait for his answers forever.

Lin Mian Mian carefully recorded Yan JinLong's actions. He noticed that the emperor this time is gentler than those two weeks that they are together. Also... what the hell is this man doing here in his courtyard? Isn't the emperor should be staying on his study for two weeks until he gathered all his troops for war? Yan JinLong noticed the strong gaze of his wife and smiled.

"Did you miss me?" He asked.

Miss you, my ass.

Yan JinLong: I did miss your ass. (A/n: hA HA HA HA HA HA AH HA I CRI)

"Then, why did you not visit me on my study? I could have welcomed you," and do his work more efficiently than to mumble all day on how his wife ignored him for the whole week.

Not only the emperor is willing to have him around, maybe the already angry Minister Chang who is marching his hell down to the Lin Courtyard and ready to drag the emperor out any moment from now will chain Lin Mian Mian to the emperor's side to make him do his work.

But Lin Mian Mian controlled his self. He will not fall with this ancient fuccboi's pickup lines. He said: "But did not the majesty say that he will not be meeting me because of work?"

And if he does go, the emperor will surely push him away.

"But it doesn't mean that you can't meet me. I can't meet you because of work, but my arms are always open to welcome you if you come. Why did you not try?"

Huh? If he try, he will still be pushed away. Why is this emperor insisting...

Then something hit Lin Mian Mian. The pass few days, he did not try to meet the emperor due to the original Lin Mian Mian's memory. In that memory, Lin Mian Mian went to the palace bringing the homemade food and the change of clothes. But he was always driven away by the emperor...

No, there's something wrong with that phrase. He was indeed driven out, but not by the emperor but by the officials and the concubines who are roaming around. Actually, he did not personally meet the emperor. The only reason why he believes that it was Yan JinLong who did not want to meet him is because they told him that the emperor did not want to meet anyone.

The emperor did not want to meet anyone...

He did not specifically say that it was 'Lin Mian Mian'.

Because during that time, Yan JinLong is 'driving' away all the visitors because he was expecting 'someone' to come.

There is a misunderstanding.

What if all this time, everything is just a misunderstanding?

146