016 : The Black Bellied Lin Mian Mian (Part 02)
11.1k 4 133
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Previously on Framing the Green Tea Bitches...

"No, I should really go!" Lin Mian Mian, the thirteenth concubine, showed a very determined expression. His eyes sparkled like the stars in the universe showing his unconditional love to the certain -scum- husband that is said to also loved him too. The camera focused on the face of the beauty with a 'du-du-du-duuun' sound effects.

"Stop!" The camera shifts again! Now, it was focusing towards a haggard looking lady. She was said to be beautiful but due to the large bags carrying ten kilos of grief and schemes, she now look like a malnourished panda. Focusing more to her face... what is that? A pimple?!

"What is happening here?"

BAM! Another character appeared. The suspense in the air changed with sound-discovery sound effects rushing the viewers to look at the man coming from the corner. He was wearing a green robe embedded with the royal palace seal. He is known as the bitter Minister Chang Jie who is a single dog. For a guy who has an outstanding background and good looks, why is he single?

Let's see how will this scene unfold, don't change your channels and hold your pee right back there!

Well, that would be the opening of a serial drama that has received good views and audience despite its first week airing on TV. The actors can be a reason but the prime of all is due to the suspense scene of killing the green tea bitch on the spot. Who would hate that? Everyone wanted to swat away the flies from the main couple so they could live happily ever after.

But would the director do that? Would the scriptwriter end it like that? No! Not at all! These cold-blooded humans will never do that!

To keep the audience hooked, they need to intensify the scene by always harassing the main character, give all the misfortunes to them, until the audience themselves will sign a pact of burning the whole studio and the bastard who wrote the story. Because it was really a skill to have anyone make you want a think about it constantly despite how annoying it was.

Very gratifying!

For Lin Mian Mian who is acting as the 'main character' and the 'victim', he knows what will be the outcome of this melodramatic scene. If he will continue to act on the 'characters' that he was given, there's no doubt that he will be trampled. So to keep his control on things then why not try to start the scheming before the real schemer starts? If they want to ruin him, then he will ruin himself first.

The only one who can destroy Lin Mian Mian is Lin Mian Mian.

[A/N: I am laughing. Sorry, that punch line is just... ahahahaha]

So he dug his pit and laid there.

He acted as the helpless devoted lover of the scum fuccboi. Yin Mei Mei's hold of him is not really that tight to the point of stopping him on the spot. But her nails are sure sharp enough to dug a wound on his skin. This surprised Lin Mian Mian so he yelped out in pain. He lost his own footing while trying to extract the mad woman from his arms and eventually bumped his butt on the floor. Just right on the time, Minister Chang arrived on the scene, seeing only a pair of two figures pulling at each other.

Yin Mei Mei is clearly the one who was abused but the position she had right now somehow depicted a mistress tweaking the hair of the real wife. Her hands are gripping the arms of Lin Mian Mian tightly as if pulling him up, her nails planted deep on the skin drawing out blood. There was a wild expression coming from her face as if she was facing her deepest hatred, eyes red from rage (but actually due to no sleep ha ha.)

Lin Mian Mian is clearly the one who abused the other but his position showed a very pitiful situation of a pure child being beaten up with a metal pole. The expression coming from his eyes are of those worry and fear as if he was trying to flee but because of his weak constitution, he could only do nothing but to cry. He earned the sympathy of people when tears flowed out after.

Choosing which is doing what, Minister Chang could only blindly see and assume that Concubine Yin Mei Mei is hurting the newcomer. As to why she was doing it, the minister does not care. It was the emperor's harem so he has no say to their ways and dealings. But the situation is a bit special right now. The kingdom is on the verge of an impending war yet the emperor is just getting all grumpy and annoying as he pull Minister Chang to tell his feelings about a certain someone that might not really love him.

It is as if he's not scared of the war at all.

Yin Mei Mei quickly separated herself from Lin Mian Mian and bowed before the man. Lin Mian Mian was indifferent and only stood up, patting of the dust from his back. Minister Chang saw the blots of blood on Lin Mian Mian sleeves. He narrowed his eyes as directed his gaze towards the pale woman who caused the wound.

"What happened here?" He ordered, his voice asking for inquiry.

Yin Mei Mei was shaking but her lips are tight. She did not answer the Minister. This made Minister Chang irritated so he called the little boy servant beside Lin Mian Mian. Lu Mao hurriedly walked towards Minister Chang and made a respectful bow. His calm and mature approach pleased the Minister. At least, there are still sensible people here.

He asked the same question.

"This servant is escorting the Young Master Lin to deliver a meal and change of clothes to the Emperor. We meet Lady Concubine Yin on the stairs," Lu Mao recited. "The Lady asked the reason why we are here and our Young Master replied accordingly. This servant did not know the reason but Lady Concubine Yin keeps on stopping Young Master Lin from coming in."

Few words are enough for Minister Chang to understand what happened. It seems that this green tea bitch is trying to block Lin Mian Mian from meeting the emperor. The favorite wife of the Emperor is currently Lin Mian Mian so most people did not bother to delve some information knowing that it was just Yan JinLong's one month-romance syndrome.

However, there are rumors circling about how Yan JinLong would skip Morning Court Meetings just to be his new wife, or how the emperor will not sleep on his own bedchambers but on the bed on the Lin Courtyard... And the possibility that he found his Empress...

Minister Chang faced the cowering Yin Mei Mei again. "What is your reason of stopping them? Tell a lie and I will report this to the Emperor."

"No, please no!" Yin Mei Mei quickly responded. She almost forgot her position as a concubine. She knows the situation right now and would rather not want to stir any conflict with the emperor.

She heavily replied, "This Lady is only warning the Sister about the Emperor's current temperament. A few of my sisters was sent to the cold palace for some unknown reason. This Lady is worried what will happen to Sister Lin if he will also go..."

Lin Mian Mian look surprised. There are concubines sent to the cold palace? The original did not have any memories about it because he was always driven out by force, but this event indeed happen. Lin Mian Mian guessed that the Emperor wanted to meet the original Lin Mian Mian, and by knowing how that idiot is so faithful, Lin Mian Mian would come to serve him. However, due to external forces, they did not manage to meet.

So he made inquiries by his self to know the real events hidden from desperation. Thus, became the key to keep Yin Mei Mei away for a while.

"Lady Yin, that's horrible!" Lin Mian Mian made his eyes teary and kneeled down in slow motion. He covered his face with his hands and started crying. He looks like a chick that was bullied by some huge chicken. "I never thought that you would do such a thing!"

His bawling caught the attention of the people around. They paused on whatever they are doing and watch the show with interest. They weren't there when things started so the only thing they caught is the fragile ger crying with broken tears. Yin Mei Mei who wanted to act as the damsel in distress was also taken aback when her role of crying was stolen before she was able to perform it.

"How could His Highness throw me to the cold palace?" Lin Mian Mian cried. "His Highnes personally invited me to come. I am just here to do my duty yet Sister Yin..."

She... what? But Lin Mian Mian deliberately stopped his words midsentence to let people speculate what the woman could have done. Seeing the setting as it was, they already guessed what happened. Yin Mei Mei looked around to see the sharp gazes coming from the people as they murmur words to each other with disgrace. It's a no-brainer that they are all talking bad things to her.

Yin Mei Mei felt lost but she can't just simply accept it. "I did not stop you. I was just worried about you, Sister Lin. You know how I love my sisters in the harem, even you that is still a newcomer to the place. I just wanted to show you the rules."

Her expression was loving like a mother coaxing her child. Her haggard appearance added to the 'pity' factor that moved most of the people. Just by that one sentence things went to the other way. The bad words that were shared shifted, taking account of the words that she said. Well, Lin Mian Mian is new; this good lady is just here to take good care of him. What's wrong with that? Her good heart must be golden to help a sister around.

But Lin Mian Mian will not fall in such a trick.

"What rules, Lady Yin? What rules?" He cried. "Was it to not allow me to perform my duties? I am the Emperor's new wife, it's my responsibility to stay faithful and attend to His Highness' needs despite the outcome of my actions. If my decision of bringing food and change of clothes to Emperor will bring me to the cold palace, then it was my carelessness that caused it. What does it have anything to do with you?"

"I am just worried," Yin Mei Mei acted out. "I can't take it when a sister was brought out in that cold lonely place..."

"Then why are you here?" Lin Mian Mian asked. He can see how good an actor this woman was. That cliché kind of stopping the words midsentence indeed do a number. But Lin Mian Mian is already veteran when it comes to old school drama. "If you are worried with our sisters, why did you let them rot in the cold palace? Why did you not join them?"

"What do you mean?" She caught herself asking the most death-flagged question. By just saying these words marked her death end already.

"While Lady Yin is busy pampering herself to impress the emperor, I, myself, visited your so-called beloved sisters to know their states," Lin Mian Mian said. He indeed visited the place without the permission of the Emperor and the guards. Lu Mao eventually eyed his master.

"How-" Yin Mei Mei covered her mouth. She quickly thought of a retort. "You know that it was forbidden to come in the cold palace. You will be sentenced to-"

"Then let the emperor sentence me to death ah. I don't care. I'm not afraid!" Lin Mian Mian refuted. He wasn't courting death. He knows the Emperor is pretty lenient towards him. "If you really cared for your sisters, you should have risked yourself. What is with words that hold no meaning? Even if you sweetened up and tell them that you will help them when they needed you, if not taken any action is like a dog who only knows how to bark but no bite."

"I know the rules and I abide it. Is it wrong for a Formal Lady to do that? It was you who did not follow. And I am here to take good care of you like my own sister. How dare you insult my..." Yin Mei Mei took this momentum to act the stolen damsel in distress.

Seeing the Minister Chang is not going to interrupt, one male official came to help the crying concubine. A few maids followed suit, giving comfort to the lady. Yin Mei Mei waited for this chance and actually made a fainting gesture garnering affection from the people. Now, their views indeed changed and look at Lin Mian Mian with disgust.

Though this did not affect Lin Mian Mian at all. The more insults he receive, the better judgment he can make. Events like this strengthen his will to leave the palace as soon as possible. His almost wavering heart was solidified again. This is the exact reason why the Original Lin Mian Mian suffered from the first place.

But, he first needed to drag all of these green tea bitches to the grave.

"Of course, everyone should really listen to you. After all, the reason why they were brought inside that cold palace is because of you," Lin Mian Mian started.

The guy who was helping Yin Mei Mei could not help but to talk. Lin Mian Mian is insulting a delicate woman, how could he carry that?

"Lady, please. You should not hold grudges between families. You two are now relatives," he said. His voice sounds gentle and his choice of words is quite scholarly.

"Will a relative bring disaster to a relative?" Lin Mian Mian asked.

"Of course, no. Why would you do that to your kin?" The guy replied.

"Then, will it also be good towards a stranger?" Lin Mian Mian added.

"No. That would be a disgrace to your family's honor," the guy is a bit lost from what Lin Mian Mian is asking and just responded according to his values. But the acting 'damsel in distress'' on the background paled upon knowing where Lin Mian Mian is heading.

"Good, then you are a good guy, I presume," Lin Mian Mian said. "Then you should also know that the reason why 'our sisters' are brought inside the cold palace is because Lady Yin instigated it."

"What do you mean?" The male official asked. Minister Chang Jie moved for the first time as he raised his brow and looks at Lin Mian Mian.

"I personally received the testament from the Lady Concubines. You know that the Emperor is working to gather soldiers to settle the movement on the borders. As his new wife, I understand the weight of the problem and let my husband work out of our marriage celebration."

The emperor and Lin Mian Mian just got married a few weeks ago. The one month can still be considered as their honeymoon period. Yet, because of this unfortunate events, the new wife was left out as the man of the house went out to work for his people. Lin Mian Mian is not a bit saddened about this occassion. But he wanted to show how distressful it can get.

"I wasn't able to perform my duties because of my declining health," he apologized. But Lu Mao knows that Lin Mian Mian is just playing around in his court. "You can ask Royal Physician for answers. As well, I only decided to come out when I heard the news about the Emperor punishing the ladies. I was surprised and scared at the same time. Will the Emperor also bring me to the cold palace?"

"I heard from the ladies that before they are punished, Lady Yin was already in front of the study. Lady Yin told them that Emperor is on a bad mood and is in need of someone. The ladies, who are just thinking of the well-being of the emperor, indeed made their move and served the emperor. But all of them are thrown out for some unknown reason."

The male officer was not able to speak. Lin Mian Mian stood up from his position and look at them with pure determination from his eyes. Everyone witnessed the glint coming from the eyes of the soldier, the eyes that was also owned by his father.

"That's why, I decided to postpone my visit. My health is always none the better and I am afraid of the emperor's current temper. But just the other day, His Highness visited me on my court and summoned me to come on his study."

Minister Chang did not refute the words of Lin Mian Mian. Connecting the dots, the minister was now able to understand Lin Mian Mian's behaviour for the past days. This ger is still new to the marriage so he did not know the attitude of the emperor. They only met on the wedding day so the deep feelings was not present yet. He took note of the words Yan JinLong told him.

Did this new wife really did not like the Emperor?

If yes, Minister Chang could only imagine a crippled Emperor that will surely end in short time. He is now thinking of ways on how to keep this wife stay beside the emperor. Lin Mian Mian can read his thoughts and assumed the silence of the Minister as an affirmation. Never did he thought that this will block him from leaving the palace anymore.

"But why did she stop me when I was about to do my duty? Lady Yin is already familiar with the Emperor and she was already there as if waiting for someone to get caught on her trap. If she has no other intentions then she should just let me go and enter. After all, the emperor will not throw out the person that he wanted to see the most."

Lin Mian Mian's words echoed with a strong will. "If I am stupid enough to believe the words, will I also be left out?"

"You-" Yin Mei Mei suddenly got her energy back and pointed Lin Mian Mian like a dog. The ger did not look down and stared at her with confidence.

"Yes, it is me. Lady Yin, I told you, sisters don't treat each other nicely. Only strangers do that," Lin Mian Mian stated his last words and turned around. Lu Mao quickly followed his master that was heading towards the study.

Yin Mei Mei wanted to stop him but Minister Chang blocked her view. Everyone knows what Lin Mian Mian meant with his words. Yin Mei Mei is a scheming lady. She knows that the Emperor favored Lin Mian Mian so she was blocking his way to stop him from meeting the ruler, while she sent the cannon fodders that were not the interest of the emperor.

It's like giving someone strawberry despite knowing that the person likes chocolate.

Minister Chang has no whims about the relationship of these two people. Right from the start, he's taking the side of the emperor. And to those people that emperor sided, he will automatically be transferred to. Now that Lin Mian Mian is getting on the Emperor's side, might as well he will take advantage and take Lin Mian Mian right away.

Plus, this person is not weak like how they thought he was before. Minister Chang Jie shows no emotion but it was almost evident that he was pleased by Lin Mian Mian's action. Seeing that the frail person has such wonderful words to speak, he wondered when will Lin Mian Mian show his real self.

"Servants," Minister Chang called the maids. "Bring Lady Yin to her room to rest."

The maids on the sidelines that quickly rushed towards the concubine felt disgust upon helping the woman. They thought that she was kind and good, but at the end she was a bad woman. They cursed as they helped the concubine stand.

It was Yin Mei Mei's first defeat so she was feeling a bit out of place and walked wobbly. If not of the support from the maids, she would have been crawling on the ground just to walk out. Minister Chang watched as the lady concubine walk out then remembered the blood stain from Lin Mian Mian's arms.

Yin Mei Mei wanted to run away for now. None of her sisters fought with her so she thought that Lin Mian Mian would be the same. With all the schemes that she created, all of those only happened because the people around her are lenient. She never faced the real enemy that is why she thought she could win this war. But she was wrong.

Not all White lotuses are good flowers. Some of them had hidden their black roots.

So she learned a good lesson for today that she will be using in the future to oppress the ger. For now, her mission is to exit the place to not to ignite more problems. But before she could take a step out, Minister Chang Jie's last words poured cold water on her back.

"Also," Minister Chang called. "Anyone who made a move to the Emperor's belongings will be punished accordingly. Rest in your room and recuperate before a decision from His Highness will be sent on your door."

Yin Mei Mei slumped more as she walks down the stairs. Minister Chang whisked around to follow the trail of Lin Mian Mian. He can see the ger walking hand in hand with his young servant.

"Young Master Lin, your arm is bleeding," Lu Mao announced with worry.

Lin Mian Mian slightly raised his arm. So he was wounded? He felt that scratch earlier and reacted just on impulse. He never thought that the woman managed to rip a part of his skin off. This little wound is not really harmful so Lin Mian Mian just shook his head.

"It's okay. It's just a scratch. I won't die from it-" Lin Mian Mian just shrugged off the words but the little children looked at him with displeased eyes. He was surprised by their reaction when he realized something from his words.

That slit on the wrist was also just a scratch ah. But it ended their master's life. They don't want to see any blood coming from their master again, as well as to talk about dying. Lin Mian Mian knows his mistake so he quickly apologized. He wipe the 'fake' tears from his face and motioned to hug the little servant Lu Mao.

"It's okay. Don't worry," he reassured. "Let's check it later, okay?"

Lu Mao wanted to say no but he knows that it's not appropriate for his master to show skin especially in a place like this. Minister Chang is just following behind so they did not stall time. They reached the study and Minister Chang was surprised to see the door close. Did his highness close it by his self?

Minister Chang is about to knock and open the door when he felt a killing intent coming from the other side of the door. It only took him a second to realize what is happening so he cleared his throat and stepped back. Lin Mian Mian watched as the minister moved away. Is there a problem?

"Young Master Lin, if you may?" Minister Chang gestured the ger to open the door.

Lin Mian Mian was a bit skeptical and looks at the man with raised brows. But he has no position to question so he stepped up and went to knock on the door. He sooner regretted that action when he was suddenly pulled inside with a force, unknowingly brought in by the master fuccboi level 999 and locked the door with a click.


Reminder : Updates every Tuesday and Thursday

133