038 : A Cup Of Poisoned Tea Please
3.7k 4 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No intercourse means no child formation.

This union can be fully explained by science. Lin Mian Mian learned it in his biology class when he was still in middle school. Though the current time is not that advance yet, the old people know that childbirth works that way.

One should be a farmer while the other will become the land. If there is no seedling, then there will not be a plant.

The Empress Dowager knows that logic very well.

Humans cannot reproduce asexually; even the third gender is not an exception. If nothing happened between them, then, it is normal for Lin Mian Mian to not get pregnant. However, what is not normal is Yan JinLong. This is the first time that he didn't do 'anything' despite the food being served upfront.

This is different from what is known by the masses.

Were not the rumors about the two being very intimate is widely being discussed? It is said that the emperor would rather want to go stay rolling with his wife than to do his work. Even the poor Minister Chang has to cover the man for it during the morning sessions.

The wife is too good in bed that the emperor could not resist.

But in reality, there is really nothing? Then, what the hell are these two doing in their room? Just sleeping together? Maybe telling stories or doing some pillow fight? Do these two think that they are just camping? They are married for goodness' sake!

Yet, Yan JinLong's unusual abstinence made the Empress Dowager looks at Lin Mian Mian in a new light. Even though there is no consummation, it doesn't mean that they have no feelings for each other. There is no doubt that Yan JinLong and Lin Mian Mian has a special connection that seeing them together is like a puzzle piece being completed.

They are harmonious in any angle you look. They do quarrel, and sometimes the emperor goes teasing the wife, yet it did not look odd. It seems that the appearance of this ger made her fuccboi son change for the better.

Not doing anything for a month is already an achievement.

Maybe she should send some regards to her son as an award?

Well, after all, self-control is something that cannot be obtained without a determined will. Yan JinLong enduring is genuinely impossible. Lin Mian Mian is a meal served, yet, he did not eat it whole. Maybe he bit something here and there but that is all.

He did not want to capture the other person like picking up new clothes. He wanted to cultivate their relationship until such time that the food will offer itself for him to eat. Though there is consent during the consummation of his harem, such action has no real feelings.

It was for the sake of the nation. The Emperor is responsible for keeping his land high above, as well as to prepare the leader of the next generation. A concubine that could bear sons to the emperor will flourish. Yet, here comes Lin Mian Mian whom Yan JinLong did not coerce on the same field.

It means that for Yan JinLong, Lin Mian Mian did not need to give him a son.

What he wanted is Lin Mian Mian himself.

This realization is also the same as before. The original Lin Mian Mian was favored by the Empress Dowager because she can see that Yan JinLong has no need of an offspring from him. A baby is a blessing but they don't need such a gift to realize that they loved each other.

However, to become an Empress, Lin Mian Mian should be able to have one.

It is a must.

This has become the conflict of the past that made the broken-hearted emperor break his treasure. He loved that person very much that he almost wished to die on the same bed. Yet, responsibility comes first. He must be crazy to think that he has enough power to eliminate the tradition without disrupting the order.

If he could not get him, might as well destroy him until nobody will look at him... until he is the only one left to watch him...

En, the original Lin Mian Mian did not know it. The Emperor would always watch him afar, afraid of coming closer - afraid of hurting him again. The Emperor knows what he did is wrong but he is still human after all. Regret will always come after committing the mistake.

That is why he did not seek forgiveness. He just gave Lin Mian Mian the peaceful life that he needed. But what the emperor did not know is that this 'quiet peacefulness' only brought the ger to extreme loneliness to the point of madness.

This led to the inevitable suicide.

The Empress Dowager is Yan JinLong's mother so she knows his son very well. This action of taking good care of someone means that he finally settled down. Now that things had become clear, then as a mother she should prepare for her son's arrival. What good gift could be given for two lovers...

While the lady is sitting on the other page, Lin Mian Mian is residing on a completely different book. The reason why nothing happened between them is not because of some magical shit like Yan JinLong's abstinence. He could still not forget the feeling of suddenly earning a good arm muscle formation due to that 'excessive' pumping!

The cause of this unprecedented 'abstinence' is due to his ministrations. Though Yan JinLong already confronted him about it, the Lady did not need to know the events. Hurting the emperor is already a deadly crime. And as a mother, knowing that her child is drugged, the empress dowager will surely not look at Lin Mian Mian kindly again.

Fortunately, the Lady did not inquire further. The talk about the sex life of the emperor is a sensitive topic. Even though she approved of her son's goodwill, she did not want other people to hear about the bed business. Walls have ears so she did not dare to continue.

She had long forgotten about the peaches being ignored by Lin Mian Mian after knowing her son's real intention towards Lin Mian Mian. This made the other person sigh in relief as his hand subconsciously caressed his belly. Though hidden, the Empress Dowager still caught the small action.

She remembered Lin Mian Mian's gas outburst a few days ago and wondered if the ger had eaten something bad. Gases won't come out smelly if there is nothing wrong. Lin Mian Mian's health is known to be frail and weak since young. Eating something that is a bit indigestible is already not good for his health.

Thinking about this, the Empress Dowager become worried. Suddenly reaching out, Lin Mian Mian stopped eating when the Empress Dowager rested her palm to his hand that is currently picking up some food. He looked up to see the almost crying eyes of the lady that made her look pitiful.

She looks like she is being bullied.

"Mother, what is wrong?" Lin Mian Mian hastily asked.

Even though he did nothing wrong, he did not want people to see this scene. One picture has a thousand words that are enough to tell a story. But it doesn't mean that it is enough to convey the truth. One wrong word can make the truth twisted. He did not want to look like he is bullying his mother-in-law.

"This child, please forgive this mother. I've been so busy recently that I haven't taken good care of you," the lady replied.

"I am fine, mother. You don't have to ask forgiveness," Lin Mian Mian heaved a defeated sigh. "Actually, this lady should not worry. I am already a grown-up. I can do lots of things all by myself."

"No, you are too humble. You don't have to be careful around mother," the lady insists.

She can see how the child is so respectful and soft. Lin Mian Mian did not grow up with a mother. He must be feeling shy to have one around now.

"Don't keep any secrets from mother, okay?" She said.

Lin Mian Mian nodded slowly. Mother, I am sorry. Even though I know you are kind, some things should be kept hidden.

"Mother... what made you think that I am keeping a secret? Did I do something... wrong?"

In just one sitting, the Empress Dowager guessed ten truths out of his five lies. He wondered if the lady knows something or is just guessing. Lin Mian Mian heard that a woman's intuition is not something you should joke about. Their ability to predict is much more efficient than the fortune-tellers.

"I heard about the event a few days ago..."

"Ah-" Lin Mian Mian realized the 'event'. His face slightly emitted a blush. "That is... I ate something bad..."

"What? Are your servants not taking good care of you?" The lady exclaimed. "They are so careless! How could they let you eat something bad-"

"Mother, don't be angry. It is not their fault. Actua-"

A 'ding' suddenly sounded on his ears. Lin Mian Mian lowered his head to hide his smirk, softly massaging the empress dowager's hand. The lady felt a sudden comfort by the massage as her anger immediately subsided. Seeing the sober lady, Lin Mian Mian continued his orchestration.

"Actually, it is due to a cleansing drink," Lin Mian Mian stated.

Yeah, cleansing drink - the one that could sterilize his womb completely.

"A cleansing drink? Why would you drink one? Is the palace food not to your liking?"

"No, mother. The food in the palace is delicious," Lin Mian Mian said.

He added some words saying that the food tasted first class he could not stop eating after tasting a bit. After pointing out the good things about the palace, he then showed a lonely expression. He even slacked his shoulders and pouted his lips to show that he is not feeling well.

"It just pains my heart that the person that I liked *coughs* only a bit though *coughs* is not here," a crocodile tear formed on the tips of his eyelashes, threatening to fall down. He hiccuped a few times before lowering his mood to the worst level of sadness.

"Just by thinking that his majesty is in danger, I could not eat well..."

The said majesty that has been patrolling the borders with all of his dedication: "Achoo-"

"I still eat a few..."

No, it is actually a lot that the baby thinks that its mother is trying to make him fat.

"But it seems that my body is too stressed to work properly..."

His body is doing very fine. What stress? Isn't he lazily spending his days in luxury?

"I am so worried about his majesty..."

Well, this is the only truth he said.

The ger sneaked a peek and saw the empress dowager showing a distressed expression. As if on cue, Lin Mian Mian smiled reassuringly. His gestures showed that he is 'showing that he is fine but is actually not' that made the lady fall more.

Time to plant the trap.

"Don't worry, mother. Due to this tea, recently, I am feeling alright. I don't feel bad anymore and my appetite also improved. I like drinking that tea a lot. Maybe mother should try drinking it," Lin Mian Mian said.

"Really? Then who sent you the tea? It is your recommendation so I am sure it tasted good," the Empress Dowager nodded.

"It was Sister Yin Mei Mei. She gifted it to me the other day."

"Mei Mei? Oh, I remember that their family focused on tea making. Though they did not have my favorite, their tea business is indeed booming. Most of the households have their product."

Oh? Then, that's good. If this plan will work then not only Yin Mei Mei but the whole Yin Family will be implicated. Lin Mian Mian did not feel any mercy since the whole family is filled with scums. Yin Mei Mei is just an instrument to use.

"Also, she is very good at cooking, mother. Sister Yin really thinks a lot of me. She sends pastries every day for me to have a taste. Very delicious, I am almost addicted to it."

"Then I will also have a taste. The way you talk makes me want to eat it now!"

The initial input has been placed. For the rest of the day, Lin Mian Mian did not stop highlighting Yin Mei Mei's significance to his life. Of course, he made it in a way that the other person will think that he is just casually talking about it. But these subtle hints are enough to create a suggestive image that would be useful to the future. 

42