025 : Lin Mian Mian Loses The Game
8.1k 5 108
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the Lin Courtyard, one person is leisurely reading a book while reclining unto a soft padded chair. His whole being exhibited a warm sense of laziness - the kind that makes anybody wants to just lie down and sleep. Though, nobody would want to close their eyes. The person is far more beautiful than the any other dream.

Lin Mian Mian is just casually flipping a page when loud voices of children disrupted the silence. The figures of Lu Mao and Fu Xing appeared on the scene both having twisted faces. Fu Xing, the young guard, is bathing on sweat while Lu Mao still looks very neat but the ruffled sight of his hair exposed his emotion. Lin Mian Mian did not look up to see their expression. Something must have happened to make these kids approach him like this.

"What is it?" Lin Mian Mian asked, his eyes are still on the book he is reading.

"The Emperor has sent a letter. Master Lin, you have to read this," Lu Mao quickly handed a crumpled letter.

By the looks of it, the crumple is caused by Lu Mao's distress. Lin Mian Mian already allowed this personal eunuch to read his letters. Anyways, no secrets can be hidden from this rebirthed group.

Lin Mian Mian accepted the letter. He skimmed through the information with a lazy glance until his expression changed after reading the last line. Like the two children, Lin Mian Mian showed a frown. He did not expect to see this letter ahead of time. No, on the original set-up, there is no such thing as this letter.

"This... who sent this?" Lin Mian Mian asked them.

"It's his majesty," Fu Xing quickly responded. "Then His Majesty told me to send this letter quickly."

"But didn't Minister Chang say that they will be leaving on the next day?" Lin Mian Mian pondered over.

"En," Fu Xing nodded. "However, suddenly the emperor wrote the verdict. His Majesty is a bit irritated. It's seems that something is bothering the Emperor. Minister Chang and the Mother Empress is then called in the study. I just heard my name called and is told to send the letter to the Lin Courtyard."

Lu Mao and Fu Xing feel that something is wrong from the emperor's actions. Like Lin Mian Mian, they are also aware that this letter is non-existent from their previous life, which made them feel anxious. Things started to deviate from their past life. They are now starting to think that this fate is really different from what they had already known.

Lu Mao glanced at Lin Mian Mian.

In this life... is there a possibility that his Young master Lin will not face the same suffering?

Or will he face double the pain?

The contents of the letter Fu Xing sent is a summon message from Yan JinLong. It was only phrased with few sentences, telling Lin Mian Mian to attend the ceremony that will be held today. Whatever ceremony it was, he is only said to dress comfortably. The letter is devoid from any strong emotion, as though the supposed to be 'summon' letter is a cute pink envelope handed to a crush.

Even though Lin Mian Mian just wanted to spend this whole day lazily, he has to cooperate and do his responsibility. As the new wife, should he not be the leading person that will get ready? But since the new soul is only a little enthusiastic to the set-up, he chose to be late. After all, the original also came late to the ceremony. There is nothing much to change.

Lu Mao prepared a series of robes but Lin Mian Mian declined them all. The letter says that he can dress comfortably so why have to wear some clothes three times his weight? Even though the robes for the women and men has only few differences, wearing a teal green colored clothes is much of his preference than the seductive yet innocent pink plum blossoms. Also, he wanted to test how long can Yan JinLong play with this game.

So he chooses to wear male clothes to show his status.

Despite the clothes, Lin Mian Mian still looked wonderful. Seeing him on the clothes that a proper male should wear, Lu Mao and Fu Xing could not help but to gasp in amazement.

They only saw Lin Mian Mian wear female clothes, or robes that are unisex by nature. Yet, seeing him in this outfit did not even lessen his already beautiful image. It's just that it highlighted Lin Mian Mian's air of being a 'young master' rather than a 'ger'.

If one would ignore the cinnabar under his eye, nobody will really think that he is on the middle gender. Lu Mao approached his master as he tried to adjust some fittings on the waist. Lin Mian Mian lightly chuckled when he saw the eyes of the small child shine as though he had seen a monument size candy. The ger reaches down to give the plump cheeks of the little boy a slight pinch.

"Now, now, isn't this master look handsome?" Lin Mian Mian asked.

Lu Mao nodded furiosly. "Indeed, master is so good looking. Very good looking!"

"Aiya, has this servant learned how to flatter his master?" Lin Mian Mian stole a pinch again.

"No! No! This servant is very honest. Master is very good looking! I swear!" Lu Mao showed his sincerity.

Lin Mian Mian laughed by the cuteness of this little boy then he stopped teasing. They prepared to leave the courtyard when the maids arrived. The three ladies were surprised to see a handsome young man inside their place.

"M-master Lin?" The three chorused in a surprised tone. Lin Mian Mian looked at them with a raised brow. Oh, perfect timing, the girls are already here.

"I am summoned by the emperor. You girls will stay here," Lin Mian Mian said.

The voice is from their master but the face belonged to a handsome man! Like the image portrayed by Lu Mao, the ladies also remained stuck on their places. They watched their good-looking master saunter around while preparing the things that he needed. Only by the time that Lu Mao, Fu Xing, and Lin Mian Mian left that they were able to collect their souls back.

"Master~~!" As if they will be left inside the courtyard.

There are guards on the gate, who would dare to enter without 'someone's' permission? They followed Lin Mian Mian on the back and bickered with Lu Mao as they questioned him about the situation. The boy explained everything in detail as they walk through to the event place.

Only a few people had seen Lin Mian Mian, and another set of these few people had seen him on this kind of form. All of them could not help but to ask to whose family's house this person belongs. If not of the cinnabar, they would think that he is some prominent son of an unknown minister. It is only by the sight of the servant did they realized that it was Lin Mian Mian.

But why, ah? Why is he wearing these male clothes?

Clothes are just worn to protect one's body from the weather, but inside the palace, it has some other meaning. The clothes meant status, that is why the brighter and more dazzling the color, the higher the position to the court. Also, during this time, even though women are highly respected, it is pretty obvious that men are leading the group. To wear men clothes means that one has a status, and might be a leader at some sort.

Lin Mian Mian wearing male clothes showed that his authority did not only covered his status as the thirteenth concubine, but also his standing in the society. It is as though he never considered his standing as the emperor's woman and become a man by himself. For the higher ups, this can be taken as a disrespectful.

This is why Lin Mian Mian wanted to see Yan JinLong's reaction once he sees him dressed like this.

Like how his memory portrayed the events, he found the hall where the concubines are huddled. As what he expected, the ladies had worn their most beautiful robes on the shortest time the notice arrived.

They also painted their faces beautifully, still passes to the grandeur the emperor always wanted. One sight is enough to see that this garden is exquisite. Only by the appearance of Lin Mian Mian did this scenery change.

If all of them look like a frail beautiful flower, Lin Mian Mian looked like a hard to deal grass.

Lin Mian Mian entered the hall stealthily. He watched as the ladies enamored themselves with praises, trying to highlight their presence more than the other. Though, the most prominent amongst them is Yin Mei Mei.

Lin Mian Mian spectated to the side as he watched the show with large sized box of popcorn and diet coke. Watching these ladies and their cat fights are indeed beautiful to the eyes of the audience. It is only when Minister Chang Jie did arrive that Lin Mian Mian only moved to take his spotlight.

Unlike the usual slow walk with hips slightly swaying, Lin Mian Mian approached the over-confident green tea bitch with long strides of steps. The lower concubines that were on the sides were surprised to find a 'man' inside the hall. They all watch 'him' pat the shoulders of Yin Mei Mei as if seeking attention then spoke the most soothing voice that they had heard on their whole lives.

His manly posture and courteous approach made some of the ladies fall in love right on the spot!

"Pardon me," the young man called softly. "I don't want to disturb whatever feud you guys are doing but I would like to call your attention. Don't you think you are standing in somebody's place?"

Two out of the nine concubines (three were still inside the cold palace) recognized the voice on the spot. When Yin Mei Mei turned around, all the redness coming from her cheeks and lips are all drained. The last time the two of them met, Yin Mei Mei had fallen to the ground. If not only because of the war, she would have been punished. Meeting him again in this event is already a given, it's just that she never thought that he will be this loud to call him.

On the other hand, the second person is Lu Sei Min, who already has the urge to kick the ger out from the spot. Unlike Yin Mei Mei, she did not know how Lin Mian Mian is being favored so she has more courage than anyone does. Though, the others did not dare to provoke the ger since he has a rather good standing in the whole palace.

If only he wasn't surnamed Lin, everyone would throw him out.

Yin Mei Mei could not say anything. Aside from his sudden arrival, his clothes also gathered the attention of all the participants.

Only men are allowed to wear such clothes, why is this ger wearing it as well? Does it mean that he has greater influence than any of them? Lin Mian Mian scanned the surprised expression coming from the ladies and could not help but to hook the ends of his lips up slightly.

Right just on time, Minister Chang Jie arrived on the scene. Behind him would be the eunuch Mu Shi. The women disregarded his authority since he is still a eunuch, but with the presence of the right hand man of the emperor, all they could do is to bow their heads in respect. Lin Mian Mian also bowed since he still respected the minister, it's just that the respect is only on the role since he still did not know this man's way of thoughts.

"The Empress Dowager is not here to retain her role as the Queen so I sent the Head Eunuch to do the preparation," Minister Chang Jie's voice is firm and clear. "Now, can anyone explain what happened?"

Of course, nobody will dare to answer. The minister only scanned the faces of the people until he found Lin Mian Mian. The appearance of the male ger made his brows to hook up. This person... what is he wearing?

He walked towards Lin Mian Mian to ask what this entire event is all about when Lin Mian Mian just handed him a letter. Minister Chang Jie would rather not accept it until he had seen the personal seal of the emperor.

Yan JinLong had sent a personal letter to this one?

Minister Chang only needed to glance once to know what the letter is all about. After all, Yan JinLong ordered him to wear whatever he wanted, who is he to stop him?

With the help of the imposing aura of the minister, the arrangement of the wives had changed. Lin Mian Mian earned the top spot while Yin Mei Mei took the second. The next position had Fu Xiao San, and then Lu Sei Min comes after. The succeeding position was granted by their credits so nobody complained if one comes the last.

With the formation done, Minister Chang returned to his duty and called in the other personnel. Since the arrangement for this ceremony is abrupt, only a few decorations were created. Though, the things needed for the war has already been prepared so there is no worry inside the arsenal affairs. It only took half an hour to get all things done and the drum to announce the start of the ceremony resounded to the walls of the palace.

About all the rituals and such, Lin Mian Mian has no idea how it is done. He only relied to the memories of the original body to act though. Though, most of the time, all he needed to do is to bow down very low or look up to sing his praises. There is nothing else to do than to stay on his spot until his legs had become somewhat numb. He felt like the blood already stopped flowing from too much kneeling.

Yan JinLong, on the other hand, only has two things from his mind. One - is from the dream that he had last night, and second - to the person kneeling on the top place on the line.

He had spent most of his free time with Lin Mian Mian yet the dread coming from that dream did not calm him down. All he wanted to do now is to step down and grab Lin Mian Mian then lock him on his arms. It is only in this way he can make sure that this person will stay - that he will not be gone away.

Minister Chang Jie noticed the impatience coming from the leader so he ended the long speech short. The last part of the ceremony is the blessing coming from the Empress. But since he still has not chosen an Empress, he have to meet and greet each lady to receive their gifts.

However, Yan JinLong has no plan from doing so. The moment he went down from his throne, he walks straight towards the position of his new wife.

Lin Mian Mian has been so bored that he started playing the pebbles on the ground. The concubines nearby him could not believe what he is doing but none of them notify him when the figure of the emperor approached their position. They all held their black scheming as they watch Yan JinLong's shadow to loom over the occupied figure of Lin Mian Mian.

That's why, when Lin Mian Mian was lifted up, he was in too much surprise. And since his legs had long been numbed, he wasn't able to stand up straight and held tightly to the figure who made him stand. Lin Mian Mian wanted to curse the person who suddenly disturbed him when suddenly an object invaded his mouth with a force.

If only nobody is watching them, Yan JinLong could have just tossed the new wife to bed and pound him. But since he is in a bad mood, and only by selfishly kissing those rosy lips can only extinguish a bit of his agony, he did not let himself suffer and enjoyed the taste. Only Lin Mian Mian could feel the force the emperor is exerting.

It is as though Yan JinLong's self-control is already losing.

It has been a long time that the emperor kissed him roughly like this. Before, it could be said that despite his beastly and sneaky attitude, Yan JinLong has been always gentle when he kisses him. The other person is afraid that if he will use force, Lin Mian Mian would be scared of him. So he will never show how desperate he is in devouring Lin Mian Mian.

Then, what made him act like this?

Everyone knows Yan JinLong's expeditions on his nightly activities but this is the first time they saw him so passionate in just simply kissing someone. Even the concubines that he had been together for many years could not help but to blush from the intense infatuation.

They had never seen Yan JinLong in this kind of state - the type where he almost wanted to integrate his self on the others body.

The kiss lasted for a while. Lin Mian Mian who was looking all high and mighty could not help but to melt under the emperor's ministrations. He wanted to resist but the pleasure given by the emperor made his whole body weak. All he could do is to just hold unto the other man tightly or else he would fall.

Yan JinLong reluctantly separated himself from the kiss. He then stared down to the picture of his wife, imprinting the beautiful image to the depth of his soul. Lin Mian Mian was taken aback by the sudden attack so his image fully showed a bullied animal. His misty eyes, glossy lips, and flushing cheeks made the beast within Yan JinLong to become stiff. Even with the clothes, everyone can see his mighty titan standing!

However, the man of god isn't afraid ah. He even pulled Lin Mian Mian in a tight hug so his wife could feel the hardness beneath. Lin Mian Mian was alerted by the hard object and glared at Yan JinLong. Since this man already knows that he wasn't the white lotus type, he had shown most of his original attitude.

Yan JinLong was surprised by the sudden attack but he wasn't angry. He only thought that his wife baring fangs is so cute like a baby tiger. Lin Mian Mian could bite him... nah, the emperor will accept that bite since he had fallen to this person. His masochistic tendencies are really obvious when coercing with this new wife.

The emperor made another kiss to Lin Mian Mian's nose, then to his forehead. His gesture that shows his true love indeed could make anyone feel jealous. Yan JinLong placed his lips to nibble on Lin Mian Mian's ear.

His said in a hoarse voice, "My dear Empress, I will make love to you once I go back. You should prepare yourself ba. This time, I won't tolerate any excuses. This dragon has endured enough."

Lin Mian Mian could feel the warmth brushing on his ears. As the emperor whispered those words, he could not help but to feel very embarrassed that he hid himself to the emperor's chest to cover his red face. His heart suddenly leaped from those icky-words but none of them made him feel repulsed.

Actually, he started to doubt his feelings towards the emperor. He knows that he is doing this job to retain the original Lin Mian Mian's reputation and avoid the incoming incident. However, the moment his heart started to waver and flutter by just the emperor's words...

No, this time, he had already understood his feelings. It is very clear that he almost wanted to deny its very existence.

Does it mean that Lin Mian Mian had also lost the game?

108