033 : The Wife, The Servant, And The Old Man
6.5k 3 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There is an old man, a young kid with an older soul, and a modern pregnant man - It was a comedic program.

Three people are staring at each other - each of them is in disguise trying to pull off something unto the other. A lifetime joke that if ever these three people will remember this event in the future, they will laugh their hearts out while agreeing how stupid they were.

This is one of those chances when everyone is trying to play pretend but has a hundred percent of revealing their identities in the next five seconds.

So, to elaborate further, let me present the character settings of the actors playing on the stage and their thoughts about this anomaly:

Chang Jian, whatever-years old; a potential successor of the Chang Family. His profession and hobby is a physician who likes to crossdress like an old man, respectively. His current thoughts about the events are surprised, confusion, question, and lost. He is pretty much fucked-up by just seeing Lin Mian Mian before him.

Lu Mao, reincarnated, ten years old; Lin Mian Mian's confidant. His main mission is to protect Lin Mian Mian and if possible stop the suicide event. His current thoughts about his situation now are fear and worry like a mother hen on its chicks. He is the type to answer the questions meant for Lin Mian Mian to answer.

Lin Mian Mian, the main character of this story, still in-denial of his pregnancy but somehow starts worrying about the new life in his stomach. His objective in this story is to escape from the palace to live a rather commoner's life, yet this little being that sooner will be born from him will make him change his mind. His current thoughts are nervousness, the desire to kill Yan JinLong once he arrives, and killing him for the second time to ensure his death.

It was pretty much a tense atmosphere but the participants are dense enough to ignore it. Only the people watching the event are feeling the oppression each character is holding. But well, the one who is affected by the sudden intrusion would be Chang Jian.

So, explaining everything from the start, Chang Jian indeed is about to spray the water he just drank earlier. Thankfully, his reflex is enough to hold on to the water and pushed it down in his throat in one go. But this did not stop him from coughing furiously.

Lu Mao saw the old man coughing and wondered if he is alright. He approached the physician and helped him sit down to the corner. Chang Jian was relieved from the child's attention. Lu Mao on his double life as Lin Mian Mian's close servant had long gone accustomed to taking good care of people.

Chang Jian thanked the little kid as he ruffled the child's head. Lu Mao who is somewhat shy from praises smiled sweetly as he went back to the side of his master. Chang Jian looked up to see Lin Mian Mian again but surprised to see the ger staring at him intently.

Yes, that's right, Lin Mian Mian is staring at him so straight that it could stab him directly.

We-wait! Wh-what if Lin Mian Mian recognized him... well, they never met each other personally before but it doesn't mean that the ger will not know him. After all, Chang Jian is a famous physician, who in this world did not know him?

The physician shifted his position to test his hypothesis, yet Lin Mian Mian's stabbing glare still follows him. For the first time in his life, Chang Jian felt danger. He started sweating large beads of sweat while his internal self is already screaming.

On the other hand, the reason why Lin Mian Mian is staring at Chang Jian is not that he recognizes him... but rather, isn't that kind of ill-death coughing familiar? Lin Mian Mian thought that he had seen someone cough like that before...

[A/N: Remember how Chang Jie made those clear-throating actions just to get the attention of the emperor?]

"Ahem," Chang Jian adjusted his voice and made it sound older. "Well, you guys take a seat. Be comfortable. Would you like me to brew some tea?"

"There is no need, Master. Don't exert much effort. We are just here for a consultation," Lu Mao directly rejected the offer.

Chang Jian made an imaginary shrug on his thoughts ignoring Lu Mao's reply. He moved the unnecessary objects away from the table and placed a paper and ink on the surface instead. He gave the two figures before him his initial assessment while wondering the reason of their consultation.

Looking at their clothes, Chang Jian could tell that these people did not want to let the masses to know their identities. Lu Mao is just wearing some baggy clothes that are somewhat larger than his size. This gave him an image of a young brother who is wearing his older sibling's hand me downs, not a eunuch of a rich young master. Well, these clothes are sponsored by his beloved Fu Xing...

Lin Mian Mian is also wearing some of the commoner's clothes. The color of the fabric is rather dull while the design is somewhat usually looking. However, this did not the least tarnished the beautiful image of Lin Mian Mian.

Lin Mian Mian wearing such garbage-looking clothing made the inferior design change to a Class A fashion trend. The dull color matched the ger's pale complexion emitting an innocent vibe and youthful promise. The careless design highlighted the immaturity of the wearer however this only gave people the sense of wanting to pamper and protect him.

The maids that were dressing Lin Mian Mian thought that their master will still be caught in this kind of attire so they made him wear a veil to cover half of his face. Yet, concealing the half of his face only brought Lin Mian Mian's eyes out in focus giving off a mysterious vibe. The maids gave up at this part where they just made Lin Mian Mian wear a hat with long net covers.

If it was anybody, they will assume that Lin Mian Mian is just some young master from the nobles. It was Chang Jian who is weird enough to recognize the ger in one look. Well, he attended Lin Mian Mian and Yan JinLong's wedding and had seen Lin Mian Mian's beauty first hand. Those signs and his intelligence is enough to identify the person's identity.

Now that he deduced that these two had escaped from the palace successfully, then why are they here to ask for a consultation? Chang Jian thought that even though Yan JinLong would bring his best physicians on the field, it doesn't mean that he will be bringing everyone. Surely, he will leave at least a number of physicians to take good care of the harem.

Lin Mian Mian is already been awarded as the best wife award of forever years so Yan JinLong must have left several people watching his health. Also, the empress dowager is fond of this person so there is an addition of personnel in his every beck and call. A few days ago, Chang Jian was called in the palace to ask his assistance with Lin Mian Mian's pregnancy in the future...

Chang Jian had made a lot of theories about Lin Mian Mian's presence but it only lasted for a few minutes in real-time. He made a last conclusion of the events - saying that Lin Mian Mian must be feeling shy to ask the Royal Family for assistance since he is still new to the harem. Chang Jian has heard of the ger's trait so he supported his conclusion with gut feel.

"Young lad, what is your name?" Chang Jian started. He already knows his name but it would be weird if he will suddenly start the consultation without asking the other person's information.

"Sheep, my name is Mister Sheep," Lin Mian Mian answered, recalling a pseudonym he used when he was still in his previous world.

"Oh, Mister Sheep," Chang Jian nodded, pretended to write something on the paper. "Can you tell me why you wanted a consultation? Are you feeling unwell?"

"Um..." Lin Mian Mian did not answer directly but instead shifted his look towards Lu Mao. Lu Mao nodded as he supported his master. He can feel his master's wavering emotion as he sat beside him.

"Well... it's not being unwell, rather, it was quite a positive reaction I say," Lin Mian Mian said.

Chang Jian made a confused expression. "Can you please elaborate?"

"Recently, just recently, I like eating a lot and sleeping a lot. I think I am gaining weight every day," Lin Mian Mian said.

"You want me to give you some advice on how to lose weight?" Chang Jian muttered.

"No, not that," Lin Mian Mian shook his head. "However, just a few days ago, I started disliking the food that I like to eat. There is also this dizzy spell and yesterday I vomited. I am not sure why but somehow some scents make me want to retch..."

"This..." Chang Jian tapped his fingers to the table. There is a sudden glint on his eyes. He gave Lin Mian Mian a deep look with an affirmative phrase. "These symptoms are..."

"Yes, I would like to know if I am pregnant," Lin Mian Mian finished his sentence.

Suddenly, Chang Jian felt a sudden chill on his body. It is as though he discovered a great secret that should not be handed down to the descendants but the need for transferring the secret is a must. This made his teeth itch wondering how he should deal this if the juncture is true.

Lin Mian Mian getting pregnant is not a simple matter. His role played a huge role in the whole empire since sooner or later his title as a concubine will be changed to Du wife. His pregnancy is a piece of good news towards the nation since gers could only give birth to high profiled male children, however, the danger of the person carrying the child matched its value.

Just by confirming Lin Mian Mian's pregnancy is enough for other people to plot an assassination attempt towards the future empress.

Though, Chang Jian did not show the horrible truth on his face as he asked for Lin Mian Mian's pulse to be taken. Lin Mian Mian did not argue and showed his hand letting the 'old man' touch it. Chang Jian held his pulse and checked. He noticed that there is indeed an additional life inside Lin Mian Mian.

"Hmmm," Chang Jian nodded. "We have quite a situation here."

For the ancient, this test is enough to detect a lifeforce. Chang Jian had diagnosed many pregnant patients before so he is not wrong this time. Actually, he felt that there is not only one life inside Lin Mian Mian's body...

"I assume that this is your first time getting pregnant, am I right?" Chang Jian asked.

Lin Mian Mian nodded.

"Well, gers getting pregnant for the first time is a bit complicated compared to women. There are a lot of things to consider like your healthy diet and some other things. But don't fret since this is quite common. I'll recommend you to a good physician that can help you cope up," Chang Jian shamelessly written a recommendation to himself.

"For now, I need to know when did the last time you did it with your partner so I could estimate when you will be giving birth. Just give me a rough estimate of when you got impregnated."

Chang Jian isn't a gossipy person but this information is a request. Lin Mian Mian stared at him with unbelieving eyes. Did he just ask him about his sex life? Well, yeah, probably that is what happening right now. Lin Mian Mian knows that revealing the truth will not matter since both of them are 'stranger', but isn't asking someone about their H-experience a bit awkward?

"Um well... that's... ah..." Lin Mian Mian tried to hide the shame and blush forming on his cheeks. "That'll be about a month ago... in... on our wedding night."

Now, it is Chang Jian's turn to be stunned.

Huh? Just did it a month ago? Didn't the emperor and his favorite wife are 'doing it all night' for weeks? This is the reason why the emperor is getting a lot of absences from his Imperial meetings. Then the last copulation that they did is already that long?

Chang Jian suddenly wanted to make a golden altar for Yan JinLong. That famous fuccboi only touched his wife once? Where did he get the courage? Is this the latest trend? His abstinence for a whole month is worth a celebration. Maybe the sun will start rising from the west...

If only Chang Jian knows the inside story...

"If it's already a month ago then expect that you will be giving birth in a few next months..." Chang Jian wrote some reminders on the paper so he was unable to see the confused expression of Lin Mian Mian.

"Um... what do you mean by the next few months? Will it not be next year?" Lin Mian Mian and Yan JinLong married in the last half of the year so it will be expected that he will give birth next year. Nine months...

Hmmm? A thought flashed inside Lin Mian Mian's mind. Is it possible that...

"How many months do gers give birth?" He asked.

"On average, it'll be at least five to six months," Chang Jian answered simply.

Five to six months? Isn't that a bit fast? I mean, if a ger could give birth every five months with a month allowance, then ger can give birth to two children per year? Isn't that a bit too much?

87