035 : Run, Run, Run Away as Far as I Can
7.1k 2 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"H-how many months will my stomach start to grow?" Lin Mian Mian asked with concern.

"Just an estimation in my part but I could tell that after a month the bump will be visible. During that time, you will start to feel the child kicking," Chang Jian answered truthfully.

One month... Lin Mian Mian wanted to laugh.

If it is now, he could still hide his pregnancy. But if the bump will start to show the people will surely notice it. He could not just pretend and laugh it out while saying that he is getting baby fats by eating too much, right?

That excuse will become stupid and incomprehensible.

Drinking warm water instead of tea, Lin Mian Mian spent another day filled with worry and distractions. He is on the verge of wanting to laugh and wanting to cry - to think that this is like a joke played on him the whole time. All the efforts that he wasted make his eyes sweat.

After consulting with the old physician last night, Lin Mian Mian and Lu Mao bid their farewells. They did not idle around and hurriedly went straight to the palace. Even though the empire is considered safe and secure, it does not mean that nobody will try to do something 'bad' once they realize their identity.

It's better to be careful than sorry.

Fortunately, they were able to return safe and sound. They quickly went back to the palace using the secret passage Li Hui made for their future escape. They never thought that they will be using this road earlier than they expected. Still, the success of their sneaking out means that it is a feasible road for running way...

Well, of course, they will change their minds once they learned that there are people who were following them all the way. The three escorts are surprised to find such a hidden passage that they quickly made a report to Chang Jian after seeing the ger return home safe. It seems that their plan is slowly being discovered.

After returning home, the children did not ask anything but rather have Lin Mian Mian go to sleep. The maids already expected the results anyway, and there is also Lu Mao who could explain everything to them. Lin Mian Mian thanked the tactfulness of these people and went to sleep after the exhausting day.

That night, while Lin Mian Mian is having a dreamless slumber, a group of people departed from the empire to blackmail the emperor about the 'good news'.

The hours went pass by and the sun rises in the east. The silent palace that was filled with sounds of crickets at night shifted to the sounds of people working in the early mornings. The day started again and so the activities of the day have commenced.

Like in any other place inside the palace, the Jade Lin Courtyard is already filled with diligent servants doing their jobs. This is also to another sound coming from a person who suddenly woke up from the sudden urge to vomit.

Ah, it seems that someone is already suffering so early.

"Bluuurrgghhhh!"

Lin Mian Mian released whatever shit is there in his stomach as he held the basin under his mouth. Lu Mao is on his side, holding towels and other necessary materials to help his master after letting the spit out. Lin Mian Mian vomited the sticky digested substances that he had eaten wonderfully last night. Just by seeing it makes him wanted to puke out again.

The three maids who heard the vomiting rushed inside the room. They already prepared breakfast for their master but it seems that it will take Lin Mian Mian some time to eat something. Lu Mao saw the three rotten women and heaved a sigh.

"Master Lin here's warm water. Drink it," Lu Mao handed a cup to Lin Mian Mian.

Lin Mian Mian accepted the water when he is sure that he's not going to vomit again. Lu Mao discarded the basin with vomit and made sure that nobody will see it.

The morning sickness of a certain person seems to arrive at the right time. Lin Mian Mian tried to at least act gracefully while vomiting but the nausea is too much for him to handle. He wondered if his much "aggressive" act was caught by the children. Though, how could he act like the original Lin Mian Mian if his body is acting out in all sorts of complications?

However, what Lin Mian Mian did not understand is that he looked more beautiful in this state.

Like what they say, pregnant women are beautiful. It also applies to the already fragile beauty. The factor of carrying a life inside someone's body makes everyone feel the wonderful mystery and blessings of life.

The three maids were struck when they found their master slightly blushing due to the force of the vomit with his head filled with sweat. The redness of his lips tempted anyone to watch more as they carefully recorded such a seductive scene from the ger.

Lu Mao is not the least affected by this charm but he admits that Lin Mian Mian seems to be getting more vibrant now that he is pregnant. The emotion and appearance that they have never seen before are now presented before them. The change in their master is very amazing they wanted to cry the tears of joy.

Lin Mian Mian noticed the kids watching. The maids that were suddenly alerted blurted out, "Um... Master Lin, how about breakfast?"

Normally, Lin Mian Mian would just casually nod or answer with a smile. However, due to 'mood swings', Lin Mian Mian Mian suddenly felt bitter - his tongue is bitter, his life is bitter. Who has the time to eat breakfast if later he will just throw it out away? By just smelling the scent of food made him want to puke out again.

"I-..." Lin Mian Mian tried to control his 'bitterness'. "Water is fine... I'll eat later."

Lu Mao heard Lin Mian Mian's words when he came back. He shook his head and faced the maids.

"Just make some light porridge for now. At least, make it less aromatic and no flavor. Master Lin needs to eat some since now that..." that there's more life inside the body now.

The maids understood his words and quickly moved around the kitchen. Minutes later, the group changed locations. The usual sumptuous meal became a simple bowl of flavorless porridge. Lin Mian Mian did not think twice and started eating the food.

While Lin Mian Mian is eating well he somehow smelled a nice aroma. His eyes darted around the four corners of the table and found a wooden box opened slightly. He remembered that it was the box gifted to him by Fu Xiao San.

Suddenly, he muttered the question, "Why does this smell so nice?"

"It's because the herbs used in that pouch are all in high quality," a person with a frame of a child appeared from the door.

He is wearing green robes and carrying a stack of scrolled papers. Lu Mao quickly made it to his side and took his things. The youth then cupped his hands to greet Jade Lin. Lin Mian Mian stared at the youth for a while before he recognized the person.

The reason why Lin Mian Mian and Lu Hao managed to escape is due to Li Hui's maps. During that time, it was only Lu Mao who is meeting the other so Lin Mian Mian had not seen his appearance yet. It is only now after a few weeks did he see the great change from that filthy looking servant.

It seems that under the premise of rebirth, Li Hui was able to recover himself.

"The herbs present in this scented pouch is famous for its health benefits. Just by the smell, it tells us that it has been preserved for a long time, created to become a medicine," Li Hui opened the wooden box wider to let the scent go out. "It is used to treat nausea or as a stress reliever. This is also good for a pregnant woman."

Lin Mian Mian was surprised by his entrance. His genuine reaction was caught by the children. Li Hui is more than happy to serve this ger again. He had done most of the preparations. It is time for them to go to the next step.

"Master Lin, I made a test from the tea given by Concubine Yin. This servant did not want to sow discord but I found out that there is something with that tea. If Master Lin wanted to know more, I will elaborate on all of my findings," Li Hui said.

This information is the factor that did not exist in their previous world. Lu Mao only realized this poisoning when Lin Mian Mian already lost his ability to give birth while Li Hui is away in an expedition. This is their greatest regret in their past life. Now that they had the chance, they won't let things go easily.

"There's a poison present on the tea, though it wasn't used to kill people. It is to destroy the person's reproductive system rendering the person infertile," Li Hui revealed.

"A-a poison? To make the person infertile?" Lin Mian Mian pretended that it is his first time hearing it. "W-why would Concubine Yin do that?"

"I am not sure if it is true but I suspect that Concubine Yin wanted you to become infertile," Li Hui answered truthfully.

Lin Mian Mian subconsciously touched his slim stomach.

"However, that poison is not the reason why Master Lin suddenly felt bad after smelling the tea," Li Hui added.

"What do you mean?" Lu Mao asked. "Is there anything more in that tea?"

"Yes, and it is highly toxic once consumed in a long period," Li Hui took a certain bottle from his sleeve pouch and placed it on the table.

"This is called a happy drug. Anyone drinks it will feel instant relief and happiness. Unfortunately, this has been banned due to its addictive properties. Drinking once is enough to shift the person as a drug addict."

Lu Mao's eyes widened. He only knows that there is a drug that makes a person infertile. He never thought that Lin Mian Mian took a drug that will make him addicted to it. Like how Li Hui reacted the first time he discovered it, Lu Mao suddenly wanted to run amock to the Yins. But he has to control himself.

It is not time yet.

"Though, it seems that the fortune is on Master Lin's child," Li Hui appeased Lu Mao by patting him gently on the back. He faced Lin Mian Mian with a solemn face and said, "The drug is undetectable unless one knows its effect. Master Lin's reaction means that the abnormalities on the tea have been exposed."

What Li Hui wanted to say is that Lin Mian Mian's pregnancy saved them from the poisoning. It all thanks to his sensitive smell that detected the drug.

"This baby is my lucky star," Lin Mian Mian announced. Somehow, he is very sure of that.

This is what the original Lin Mian Mian did not have. He was not able to save the baby. Now, it is the baby that is protecting him. Even though he is feeling bitter by the effects of his sudden pregnancy, this only proved that there is life. The baby seems to want to show its existence to ensure its mother that it is alive.

It was saying, "Mother, I am here."

Li Hui and Lu Mao watched Lin Mian Mian caressed his stomach lovingly. They let the person to do it for a while, printing the image to its best quality. Lin Mian Mian isn't laughing but the happiness coming from his eyes highlighted his great mood. The two of them did not want to miss this chance.

They hoped that they would remain happy like this.

But reality seems to always destroy their plan. Right now, they have to harden their hearts. The fight has only started. Now that they managed to shift the timeline, future events will also surely change. They are now treading to a new road full of uncertainties. They have to be alert to protect their master from danger.

"Master Lin," Li Hui called out. "I would like to ask a question."

"What is it?" Lin Mian Mian did not look at Li Hui as he was concentrating on the sudden bead of joy emerging on his chest. He can't help but feel expectant to the growing life inside his womb.

"Is Master Lin still planning to escape the palace?"

Lin Mian Mian stopped from his actions. He gave Li Hui a confused look. "Why did you ask?"

"Master Lin wanted to run away from the palace. Will the Master still want to do it?" Li Hui asked. 

Silence suddenly invaded their conversation. Li Hui and Lu Mao stared at Lin Mian Mian as they waited for an answer. They wanted to know what are their master's plan in this juncture.

Of course, if Lin Mian Mian wanted to leave they will do everything to help him. However, they also have to think about the incoming family member. Now that Lin Mian Mian is pregnant, should they continue the plan of escape? They know the danger of the outside world, Lin Mian Mian's pregnancy doubled its percentage.

"Honestly, I don't feel restricted in this place," Lin Mian Mian suddenly said. At least, this place is very comfortable than he expected. Without working, he can get whatever he wanted.

"But, I don't want to lock my child in this place. I want them to be free."

The original Lin Mian Mian did not wish to have a son just to have a backing on the Imperial Court. What he wished is just a child that he could take good care of. And if possible, he wanted that child to be free. If the child desired to become the next emperor, then he will support iT. IF the child wanted to become a scholar, he will not oppose it.

He did not want the child to be limited to his title just because he is the emperor's son.

Li Hui already expected the answer. He gave Lu Mao a look, who is also looking at him. They stared at each other for a while before Lu Mao gave up and heaved a sigh. Li Hui looked at Lin Mian Mian again.

"Then, the master wished to leave this place?" He asked.

Lin Mian Mian though for a while before answering, "No."

"No?" Lu Mao and Li Hui exclaimed. "But, you said-"

"I do wish to leave this place. However, I will not leave in discreet. I don't want to danger the child I'm carrying."

If it was before, running away is very easy. But with his status, that way is just courting death. What Lin Mian Mian wanted is to leave the palace with everyone knowing.

"The palace will be the one to ask me to leave," Lin Mian Mian said.

The two children were unable to understand his words. He wanted to leave, but he won't leave by himself? Huh? Lu Mao is not smart enough to understand so he asked for Li Hui's help. Li Hui is also unable to realize what their master meant. Lin Mian Mian chuckled when he found the two children with distorted faces. One can see that they are entirely confused.

"Master, what do you mean?" Li Hui asked.

"First," Lin Mian Mian patted the table lightly. "Give me that poisoned tea..."

80