Chapter 1- The Awakening
143 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hey, hey. Wake up, sleepyhead.”

Yume opened her eyes at the voice of a stranger.

“Huh, ah, what?”

Yume, the long orange haired woman rubbed her forehead and opened her eyes. She opened her eyes only to see a grey and barren ceiling on top of her.

“Wha…What is going on?”

“I don’t know. All I know is that we’re trapped in here” said a young woman’s voice.

Yume pulled herself up. In front of her stood a woman similar to her age. Her hair was short and silky black. Her deep blue eyes penetratingly peered towards Yume. She was wearing a shirt and trousers. 

Yume looked around the room. There was a bookcase at the end corner of the room. There were two stands placed at the two sides of the room. At the end of the room was a door similar to an elevator’s. And above the door was a tv screen.     

Yume blinked fast to wake herself up. Last thing she remembered was her getting grabbed by the cops because she was protesting against the current political party who held power. Her memory was still blurry about that. The strange woman still eyed her from top to bottom. The awkward silence was numbing to her so Yume spoke:                

“Umm, mind if I ask you what your name is, darling? Would be quite rude not to ask from such a beauty” said Yume with a grin.

“It’s Sui. Sui Ishida”

“Sui Ishida, huh” repeated Yume with a ponder.
 
“And what is your name, then? Its only fair for me to ask, right?”

With a smile the boy pushed the ground and yelled energetically:

“Yume Ryujickan. Pleased to meet ya!”
   
Sui winced at her cheerfulness. But soon her gaze shifted towards the door. Yume walked and arrived in front of the door. She attempted to open the it by putting her fingers between the narrow gap. But it was a futile effort.

“Open up, hey!” yelled Yume as she banged on the door. There was no response. 

“Ugh, that’s it”.

Yume walked away from the door but immediately turned around and charged. He jump kicked the door with full force. Unfortunately, it didn’t even budge.

“Ghrrr. Dammit”

Yume grabbed her hair and messed it up crazily with frustration. Sui looked at her with sad eyes. She picked a book from the bookcase in the corner of the room to find and excuse to not interact with him when he peered at her. Yume clicked her tongue and put her hands in the pockets of her jeans. Just then she realized that there was something in her pocket. She pulled it out to find out that it was a knife. It was small, but the edge of the knife was undoubtably sharp.       

“Heeheehee. Oh, you two have finally woken up. I’m so happy that you did” 

A tv screen on top of the door lit up. It showed a person with a black suit who wore a pumpkin on their head sitting in front of a desk on a chair. The pumpkin had pieces of it cut out to form an evil smiling face, much reminiscent of a Halloween decoration. From the stature of the person’s body and the tone of their voice previously, it could be guessed that the person was a man.

“Who are you? What the hell is happening here” yelled Yume.
     
The pumpkin gazed at her. There was light coming out of the eyes of the pumpkin.     

“The name is Pumpkin pimp, babes. I hope you all slept tight.  I am the host of this wonderful Halloween game. Cause what you’re about to experience will rock your world” said the man with a hoarse voice.

2