Chapter 4- Trick up her sleeve
58 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yume’s turn. Turn 0 – lvlcounter - 0  

Yume a took a deep breath and grabbed the 5 cards that came out of the card deposit device. According to the rules she could put any cards that are deemed currently unnecessary back to the deck. The computer shuffles it and gives back exactly the number of cards she had inserted. Yume slid 3 cards back into the deck and 3 cards slid back out of the device.

Before starting her turn, Yume took a deep breath and said:

“I don’t want to die. I don’t want to kill anyone either”. 

“Don’t get the wrong idea. The people who are running this sick game are the devils. Not you and I.  And If I ever survive this, I’ll make sure they get what they deserve” said Sui confidently.

Yume nodded. She looked at the buttons on the screen that allowed the player to change phases.   

A player’s turn was divided into phases. The exact order of phases was draw phase, strategy phase, combat phase, strategy phase 2 and end phase.

During the strategy phase, a player could normal summon characters and activate non counter strategy cards.

During the combat phase, the players could activate skills that are used by the characters. And if it’s the second player’s turn 0 or a turn after the other player had surrendered, during the combat phase the characters would be moved from the town zone into the war zone. Characters in the war zone could be moved or ordered to attack another character during the combat phase.       

“I summon Gasper the ghastly ghost” declared Yume and put the card she held on the town zone(TZ for short). 

** Gasper the ghastly ghost
Dark
Spirit, lvl 0, cost 0
Healthy - strength 0 support 0 intellect 0
Injured - strength 0 support 0 intellect 0

If this character is normal summoned, mill 3 cards from top of your deck to your tomb and extra summon one lvl 0 or lvl 1  character with a “spirit” type from the cards you milled to the TZ if there is any.**

Yume could summon this character cause it’s lvl was 0. A player could summon a character or activate a strategy card if their lvl counter is higher or equal to the lvl of the card which they want to use. A player’s lvl counters go up by 1 at the end of their turn.      

“Activating Gasper’s effect.”

Yume milled three cards from top of her deck and what she needed was amongst them.

“I extra summon “Demon fox spirit from my tomb” said Yume.
 

**Demon fox spirit
Fire
spirit, lvl 0, cost 0
Healthy - strength 0 support 0 intellect 0
Injured - strength 3 support 0 intellect 0

During either player’s turn, mill the top two cards of your deck to increase this character’s strength by 1. You can use this effect up to 3 times per turn.**

“I end my turn”

Sui’s turn - Turn 0 – turn counter - 0

Sui picked up the five cards. Upon seeing the cards, she immediately put all 5 cards back into the device and drew 5 new cards. Then due to going second, she drew another card.

“Bad hand?” asked Yume with a smile.

“It wasn’t the perfect hand. I activate police discrimination”.  

**Police discrimination.   
Strategy-continuous,  lvl 0, cost 0
Light
“You must choose one element. The enemy must choose another element. So long as this card is on the field, neither player can normal summon a character with the elements that were chosen”.

“I choose Dark element” said Sui.

Yume was surprised and scared as a lot of her characters had dark element. And soon rage took possession of her.

“You little…bitch. I told you I had fire and dark element mostly in my deck. You asked me that question because you were planning on using that card?”

“Yes” said Sui.

“Oh, I should have taken you for the manipulative type. Can’t even fight fair and square, huh”.

“Life is not fair. It never was”

Insulted by her uncaring remarks Yume yelled:

“Fine, I choose Light. That card you activated also has the element of Light. You even said your deck was filled with Light element cards. You dug your own grave, fool”                 

1