Chapter 7- Yume’s turnover
59 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yume’s turn 5 - lvl counter 5

“I normal summon ‘devilkid’ “ said Yume

**Devilkid
Fire
spirit,demon, lvl 3 cost 0
Healthy - strength 2 support 2 intellect 2
Injured - strength 1 support 1 intellect 2

Once per turn, you can extra summon 1 Dark element spirit type character from your hand.**

“With Devilkid’s effect I extra summon Ender dragon” yelled Yume and put another card in her TZ.

**Ender Dragon
Dark
spirit, dragon lvl 5 cost 0
Healthy - strength 7 support 0 intellect 0
Injured - strength 5 support 0 intellect 0

Discard one ‘spirit’ character from your hand to make this character not affected by card effects that turn**.
 
She summoned these characters but there was nothing she could do to win the war. She couldn’t move these two characters to the war zone. And if Sui attacked again, it would be all over. So Yume surrendered the war. There was no reason to act stubborn. Sui had outsmarted her. Next turn Sui could just attack and claim victory. Since Yume surrendered, she would draw an extra card.      

Sui’s turn 5 - lvl counter 5

“It’s funny. Despite not being affected by my normal summon negating card, I don’t seem to have any character to normal summon. But I will set a card face down in my TZ” said Sui and placed the card.

It was a strange move. In this game a player could set a card face down. It could be a character or a strategy or skill card. Of course, since there are strict conditions in how many and when a character could be summoned a player had to abstain from normal summoning a character if they want to fool the other player into thinking that it’s a character card.

Yume thought that was Sui’s aim. But it was also true that it could be an ambush strategy card. Ambush strategy cards all had to be set up in the TZ before activation unless specified otherwise.          

“I enter my combat phase”.

Since Yume had surrendered the war in the previous turn now they would be able to place all the characters in their TZ into the WZ.  Sui placed all her characters in the WZ first and then Yume placed her own.     

*                              _              *                _                  *
Strategy Assistant_ Chess Master _ Whatsun Wonderleague
Army of steel        _Lawrightlawful/PL_ Commissioner Golden
Ninetails                _ Demon fox spirit  _Ender Dragon
Devilkid                  _ Rolling pumpkin  _           *                    
*                              _             *                 _           *

“I use Chess Master’s effect on Lawright lawful” said Sui.

Yume definitely had a bad feeling about this. Chess Master had an effect that said once during their turn the player could choose a character and that character’s battle will turn to a mindbattle. But what does that mean?

“Hey, Pumpkin headed bimbo. What the hell is a mindbattle? How does it work? The rules said nothing about what mindbattle is” yelled Yume.

“Don’t answer her. If you do…you would have interfered with the game” said Sui threateningly.

Yume looked back at Sui with disgust.

“You, you know what a mindbattle is, don’t you? Did…did you rip the pages of the rulebook?”

Sui gave her an uncaring look.

“You did, didn’t you? Answer me!” cried out Yume and slammed the stand with her palm.

Sui sighed and spoke.

“I woke up before you. I’ve checked the bookcase. It was the only accessible thing in the room. And I did find the two rulebooks way before the gamemaster said anything to us”.

“Y-you ripped the page, then?”

Sui did not answer. But instead she explained:

“I use Strategy’s assistant’s effect and increase Lawright’s intellect to 2. I also choose Lawright to be the target of Chess Master’s effect. And I choose to attack with Lawright towards Demon fox Spirit”.

Yume could not allow it. She mustn’t let the attack pass through.

“I activate Spirit arson” yelled Yume and placed the skill card on the table.   

**Spirit arson
Skill, Fire, cost 0. 
           
User: Fire element spirit character

Exile 4 spirit characters from your tomb to injure characters on two straight spots from the user.** 

Yume chose the straight line that was in front of the Demon fox spirit. The targets of this attack were Lawful Lawright and Chess Master. Yume knew that if she damaged Chess Master and make it lose its effect, Sui’s plan would surely fail. Afterall, Chess master's effect worked only if it was in healthy status.

1