Chapter 8- You just activated my trap card!
46 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I activate Commissioner’s daughter’s effect from my hand” yelled Sui.

**Commissioner’s daughter
Void
human, lvl 0, cost 0
Healthy - strength 0 support 0 intellect 0
Injured - strength 0 support 0 intellect 0

You can discard this card from your hand to make one “detective” type character immune to card effects this turn.**

Sui chose “Chess master”. The choice honestly surprised Yume.

Lawful’s strength boosting effect would be lost if she did this. Was protecting Chess master’s effect that important? Wait, does that mean Chess master’s effect allows Lawful to win the battle?

Yume had no other skills to activate so Lawful’s attack continued. However, instead of Demon fox winning the fight, Lawful ended up winning. Demon fox spirit was destroyed and Lawful took its spot. Then Lawful Lawright attacked Rolling Pumpkin.

“What?! You can’t attack with a single character twice. That’s against the rules, isn’t it?”

“Lawful won a crushing victory. Therefore, it will attack again” said Sui.

Lawful not only won the battle but it destroyed rolling pumpkin and took it’s place.

“Why did Pumpkin get destroyed? It was healthy” grunted Yume. She looked angrily at the screen on top of the elevator. 

“This doesn’t make any sense. Explain pumpkin head!”.

“Ahh, you see” mumbled the pumpkin headed man.

“Lawful has 7 intellect while the characters that were beaten had 0 intellect. During a mindbattle or even in a regular battle, if a character’s total strength is higher than the total strength of the opposing character by 7, it becomes a crushing victory. If a character wins this type of battle, they’ll destroy the opposing character even if they are healthy and the character that won will be able to attack or move again once during that combat phase.

“Darn it” hissed Yume.

She looked at the pumpkin man and asked:

“Hey, answer me this. Can Lawful Lawright attack my town due to Chess master’s effect? Can a character have a mindbattle with my town? This is important. Answer me already!”.

Sui remained quiet. The pumpkin man scratched his head and sighed.

“Well, to be fair. I never expected someone would rip the pages of the rule book and leave their opponents at a disadvantage in information like this. That being said, I also am quite impressed of how this pale girl managed to guess that she was going to play a card game against the person in this room and managed to prepare for it”.

“I am at a huge disadvantage here just because I woke up late. This isn’t a fair game” raged Yume.

“Ugh, yeah. You’re right. So, I guess I’ll tell you. No, she can’t do that. She has to attack you with a regular attack. Mindbattle can only occur between characters”

Yume looked at the war zone with irritation.

“This is unfair. If I knew about what a crushing victory is, I would have placed Demon kid in front of Lawright. It had 2 intellect. That would have prevented a crushing victory, right?” yelled Yume.

“Yeah, it would. But you can’t undo a turn in this game. Now shut up and continue” scolded Sui.         

Yume’s turn 6 - lvl counter 6

Yume drew a card. She looked at the card Sui had set in her TZ. That card was surely troubling.  

“Just give up. You know you can’t win. This battle is over now that you’ve lost so many characters” said Sui.

“Shut the hell up. I’ll make you cry and beg for mercy for what you did to me. And I just have the card to make you do that” yelled Yume.

“Oh please, I won’t fall for your bluff. There is no way you can blast through my defenses in time before I defeat you. I already have a plan that will turn Lawful’s intellect into strength”.

“Hah. You just can’t stop lying do ya.  And for that matter, I already have a way to create a blood trail with the corpses of your characters”.

Yume decided to put one fire element character from her hand to the mana area. Just then Sui flipped the card that she had set in her town.

“What?”

“You idiot. I activate an ambush strategy card” said Sui.

**FBI raid
Strategy – Ambush
void, lvl 2, cost 0

You can activate this card if you control 2 or more detective type characters. Name one card and see your opponent’s hand. If the opponent has the card in their hand that you named, take that card and put it in your hand. If the opponent does not have that card, you must discard 1 card from your hand**

0