Chapter 10 – Survival of the fittest
41 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You, you sick bastard! I don’t want to die. None of us wanted to. And you did this to us”

Yume’s voice became hoarse and tears bubbled up in her eyes.

“Hey, do you have to kill her? I mean, you call yourself the pumpkin pimp, right? Would be a huge waste to kill a woman with a body like hers” mumbled Sui. 
 
“What the hell are you implying, you little worm!” ranted Yume.

“I’m trying to save your life, idiot. It’s not like it’s my fault that you are trapped here” hissed Sui.

“Nope. Sorry can’t do. I do admit that she is such a cutie. But I have way too much money and way too many women around me. Seeing someone get blown of realizes is what I honestly prefer more. Of course, it doesn’t have to be an explosion. I just wanna see some drama, man”.

Sui and Yume became quiet. Yume grabbed her hair and violently messed it up. She leaned against the wall, her legs lost all of their strength. Her body started to tremble and shake. Sudden gasp left her mouth and tears fell down from her eyes. She cried loud and miserably. Sui looked at her sadly but soon turned her gaze towards the screen, as if waiting to see if the Pumpkin man would change his mind.  

Yume cried and wept. Remembering her friends, remembering her family. But like a flash of lightning, a thought came into her head.

 Of course, it doesn’t have to be an explosion. I just wanna see some drama, man      

What did the mastermind mean by that? Did he imply that there was another possibility than me getting exploded?

Soon Yume remembered that she would die in five minutes. And the door would open three minutes after someone died.

“Pumpkin pimp?” sounded Yume as kindly as she could.

“Yes, my dear” said the mastermind devilishly.

“What would happen if someone else in this room died…before I exploded to bits”.

Sui turned her head towards Yume vigorously when she heard that statement.

“Oh. Then I wouldn’t have to kill anyone. Since one of you has to die in order for the death game to begin”.

Sui eyed Yume. Yume got up to her feet and cleaned the tears on her face.

“Thanks for confirming, pumpkin pimp. I owe you my life”

Yume grabbed the knife from her pocket and rushed towards Sui with blistering speed. Sui grabbed a book from the shelf and dodged her attack. She threw the book towards Yume but Yume ducked to dodge and continued her advance. Sui attempted to go for the knife in her pocket too but Yume managed to slice her arm with her knife beforehand.

Grabbing the wound that dripped blood, Sui ran away haphazardly. But there was no space to hide in this small room. Yume grabbed Sui’s hair from behind and pulled her back.

“No! Let me go!” yelled Sui while stretching forward.  

Yume vigorously stabbed her back twice. Sui cried, yelled and wept. Wrapped in pain and panic Sui kicked Yume back and ran forward only to trip and fall. She hit her head into the corner of the room. When she was stunned and starteled Yume climbed onto her body from behind and turned her around. She pressed on Sui with her entire weight, Sui gasped and panicked but when the knife came down upon her face she was agile enough to grab Yume’s forearm with both hands.

“Please stop. This is what he wants” cried Sui.

“Shut up. I’m gonna survive and go home”.

Yume punched Sui on her cheek with her free hand. The stun of the punch loosened Sui’s grip which allowed Yume to stab her forearm. Sui let out a cry of panic but she got hold of her wrist again. Yume grabbed ahold of Sui’s throat with her free hand to pin her to the ground and planned to unleash the killing blow on her forehead.

Sui, still struggled, pushing Yume’s hand away from herself. Her face was getting redder from the suffocation, tears started to swell up in this corner of her eyes. No matter how sad and sorrowful Sui looked, Yume knew she had to kill her to survive. She had to survive…survive.

Yume was starting to wonder why her hand was not following her orders. She imagined the picture of her hand reigning down upon Sui’s head like a thunder. But doing so while Sui looked at her in such a helpless way, made it…wrong. Why was she still looking at her like that, Yume did not know. Instead of looking at her with hate and spite she only looked at her like a miserable child.

Regardless of that Yume had to strike. She had to…but.

0