A night to remember(3)
60 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*CLAP*

*CLAP*

*CLAP*

As Fang Ming made his entrance he did so openly and with applause. He made his presence known immediately, for he was not a rat that scurried around in shadows like some halfwit resembling him nor a coward that hid behind a veil of darkness while his puppets did all of the work. No, that would be beneath him.

The mysterious warrior nodded to the side, he signaled to his fellow disciples that it was still safe to move and changed his position to directly face Fang Ming and intercept any undead puppets that the latter might send to hunt down his fellow disciples.

" Rubbish! "  Fang Ming thought to himself. " Why should I pay any attention to roadside trash when I finally found a playmate? "

As the two men stared each other down, noble Fang Ming was the first one to break the silence, " You know at first I was really disappointed with this little backwater sect. I found nothing but weaklings and gutter trash but laying my eyes upon you here. I yet dare to hope for a decent challenge ."

The mysterious warrior answered in a stern voice, " You know, a compliment from a nobody rings pretty hollow. So how about you honor me with your name, affiliation, and your fucking business on my sect grounds. " Fang Ming's face split into a grin. " What a guy. His fellow disciples dead. Sect facing imminent destruction. Possibly his own life at peril, yet he doesn't waver. Not even an ounce of fear could be found on his face."

Fang Ming was excited, these were the kind of people he needed to face to reach further heights, so he introduced himself as was requested of him. " I am Fang Ming, favourite son of the Fang Clan, royalty of the undead. "
As the young noble introduced himself with a graceful bow, every one of his 12 corpse puppets mimicked his actions in total sync. It made for a bizarre but intimidating display of skill and after he finished his introduction he looked up at the mysterious warrior with some expectation in his eyes.

.
The mysterious warrior snorted. He stood with his back as straight as a spear, and chest puffed out with pride. He spoke in a forceful and clear manner, " Han Bei, chosen of the Yellow valley sect! " After the short introduction, he wrapped his palm around his fist, forcefully enough that it sent forth a small shockwave blowing air away from him. It even rustled Fang Ming's hair even though the latter was quite a distance away.

Satisfied with the display of skill, Fang Ming answered the second inquiry his foe had for him, " As for my business here HeHe. " He let out a small chuckle. " After exiting closed-door cultivation the wise elders of my clan gave me the bright idea to exchange pointers with other youths outside of my clan."

" Exchange pointers, eh? " Han Bei's face darkened.

" Yes, full of excitement I set out to compare my skills with those of my peers in life or death battle, yet..." Fang Ming started to explain in a cheery voice, but as he went on his voice started turning a bit gloomy. " I never found any of my peers, all I got was trash, begging for their lives, and dying on their knees. Honestly, for a moment I thought that I didn't come to a sect but some gathering of cripples. If that's truly the case they should be grateful that I ended their pathetic existence, oops! " Suddenly Fang Ming held his hand in front of his mouth as if he accidentally let slip out something inappropriate. " I'm so sorry. They were still your sect brothers and sisters, weren't they? All those people that I killed. "

Eyes brimming with bloodlust Fang Ming looked how his foe would react, but surprisingly enough instead of being angry Han Bei laughed instead, " HaHaHa, don't worry fellow cultivator, don't worry about a thing. Once I end you and send your soul to the other side, you will have an eternity to beg my brothers and sisters for forgiveness. "

Seeing his provocation fail Fang Ming's gaze sharpened and while Han Bei still laughed, he sent forth 3 puppets to attack. In a blink of an eye, the 3 puppets were upon Han Bei. Fang Ming intended to immobilize his arms and brake his neck, but just when the puppets were a hairbreadth away from their target Han Bei's leg suddenly shot upwards.

*BLAM*

With a yellow flash, the middle puppet was hurled through the air, while the two others were grabbed by the collar of their robes, and their face's smashed into the ground afterward. Han Bei was surrounded by a vague yellow hue that flashed whenever he attacked, any sign of laughter gone from his face, replaced with a cold murderous rage.

" That confirms it! " With Han Bei holding nothing back, Fang Ming could sense that his opponent was also at the 2nd realm of cultivation, probably a small realm below him.

Fang Ming channeled his Qi forcing two of the fallen puppets to rise up. They immediately pounced on Han Bei. Their attacks cut through the air, but their foe nimbly ducked underneath.  One puppet was punched in the side and the other one was kicked away. The last puppet tried to tackle Han Be from behind, but with an audible *CRACK* it met with his elbow instead and slumped to the ground.

Han Bei spat on the puppet he just downed, looked Fang Ming in the eye and in a cold manner, and asked, " That's it? "

Fang Ming didn't answer with words, but with a wide smile on his face. He channeled more Qi Into his puppets forcing them to rise up once more. Despite the beating they took there were no visible injuries on them, messy robes were the only sign that they actually participated in a battle. Han Bei frowned when he saw how ineffective his attacks were.

 

" Again! " Fang Ming commanded and the 3 puppets rushed at Han Bei. The first puppet's attack cut through the air, aiming to rip Han Bei's guts out. Much like previously, Han Bei attempted to duck underneath but this time there was another puppet that aimed a kick at the place where Han Bei would be a second later. Fang Ming was excited to see his own control increase but he needed more of a challenge if he wanted to completely master these new puppets. Fortunately, his foe didn't disappoint.

Just before the kick landed, Han Bei leaned backward, with his back almost touching the ground, both of the attacks safely passed above his head. While the puppets were still positioned above Han Bei, he stood on his arms and straightened his body upwards with as much force as he could.

*BLAM*
*BLAM*

As his body shot upwards he viciously kicked the two puppets into the surrounding buildings. While still in the air he made a backflip and landed on the shoulders of the third puppet. Even more, Qi gathered on his fist as he launched a brutal strike that dented the top of its head. Han Bei jumped from the puppet's shoulders as it fell to the ground motionless. He looked at Fang Ming and in a domineering manner asked the same question. " Is that it? "

1