Chapter 2
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2

My lungs heaved as I rode my horse.

After I cast that spell, I forgot to take into account how it would affect me as well, Distance-wise. Because of that, My steed and I got recoiled forwards and tumbled down on each other. I think I got a grain of dirt into my eye...

'Admittedly, I'm very glad Planck didn't literally break a leg. Otherwise, I'd both lose my ride and... a valuable Acquaintance.'

Fortunately, My strength was rather drained and the effectiveness was dampened. If It wasn't, Well, I would still survive, but Planck would not.

As you can see, We managed to get back on our legs and successfully escaped from those bastards.

'*Still, I'm quite conflicted about what I did. I only intended to fire that spell to obstruct them, Not kill. *'

I would vastly dislike it if one of them died. They tried to kill me, I'll consider that, but I would have been able to avoid any bloodshed if I did it in a smarter way.

Dirt_

Time passed and we covered a lot of distance until I finally got to sit down along the outskirts of a forest- I actually got thrown off out of annoyance, but we won't talk about that.

"Oww-, You really didn't like having dirt strewn on you, huh?"

Planck heard this and responded by kicking off the ground with his back legs.

"Wha-!? Ah, come on!", I yelled. "I've got dirt on my sweat now!"

Seeing a muddy hand after you stroke your face is not pleasant at all.

Well, I guess that isn't a problem. I can just look for a river no issues whatsoever.

The place I was on seemed to have a higher elevation, Hence, I could see those same bastards from earlier. The fire seemed to have grown, so I guess they're going to find a way to deal with it as well.

I pulled out my saber and checked on its condition. I used as something like wand, which swords are usually not meant to do, and was anxious about it. Luckily, It lacked any chips or dents. Only a burnt mark at it tip... I could only hope it isn't too much of a problem.

I sighed and withdrew my sword back into its sheath.

After a while, I started thinking about how I ended up here. I was chased by a group of brigands, but I managed to escape and here I was. However, I was not talking about that. I was thinking about how I got into that situation in the first place.

It went back as far as a week before today.

Remember

I was the first-born son of a noble, An Earl to be specific.

'It's nothing significant, in my opinion. Especially now...',

At the age of seven, I was able to awaken my capability to use magic. It was first observed when I got bitten by a horned rabbit. Judging by how badly mutilated its body was, They easily classified me as a person with a higher aptitude than normal.

'I didn't exactly know what they used as comparison, but using the commonfolk would be rude. Nobles have always had higher aptitude than commoners.',

At the age of eleven, They eventually found out what elements I excelled or was capable of using. The two elements of light and fire. Needless to say, That was actually good news to me as I always had fun playing with those two.

At the age of thirteen, I finally managed to graduate from a prestigious magic school, but had nothing to serve in terms of significant achievements. No awards for victorious magic duels, No awards for Arcane research, and No awards for Arcane philosophy. All I had was balanced set of grades and nothing else.

Finally, At the age of fifteen, I given the chance to own an establishment. My own business at fifteen. When I asked why they didn't just give it to me much earlier, They said it was because I still wasn't an adult yet. I'm currently seventeen.

This is where it truly starts...!

_Week

I sat on a cushioned wooden seat as I examined the paper work stacked on my desk.

My face was hidden by the beige colored parchments as a group of guards stood still and proud.

The most notable of them stood at my sides. A woman with red hair and beautifully cracked ivory colored skin. She wore a layers of thick scarves that hid knives and magic talismans. I've seen her let them sprawl during battle and it always captivated me how they flew as she moved.

Her skin had cracks that looked like lizardmen scales, but it only covered a few certain parts unlike those of fully scaled lizardmen. I asked whether she was related to any scaled races, but she said it was something that was done to her by an eccentric alchemist and that she would rather not talk about it.

Her name was Namiko.

The other was another woman. She had slick pure black hair and distracting honey-colored eyes. Her tanned skin and eyes meshed together in a way I never would have expected.

She wore a tight black skinsuit and composite leather armor. Her other equipment consisted of an invisible cloak and a mask only encompassed her eyes. She fought like a hybrid between an assassin and a vanguard warrior. Her invisible cloak is self explanatory, but her eyes were the strangest part. Whenever I asked something about her eyes, She just skilfully avoided it.

Her name was Saminah.

They all looked strong and capable, and their looks did not fail them. I can vouch for it.

My father paid for most of them. He had connections to a prominent mercenary company and that is where they came from. The only people whose services I paid for were the two women. Hence, I trust them more to keep them by my side.

'Unironically, I never really favored the idea of keeping women beside me needlessly, until I met these two. I would always bring them around as long as it meant flaunting them a little bit, Even though they didn't really have a permanent contract. This upset me.'

0