New Ophir
112 3 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ophir, the pearl of the orient seas.

The land of the morning.

Famous for its spices, gold, and exotic beauties.

It was the birth land of Miguel, of which he remembered and came from.

Before becoming a General, this place was a beautiful archipelago.

This group of islands was further divided into there major islands namely,

Ruson, Bisan, and Danao.

Miguel grew up in Ruson with little understanding of Danao.

If not for him becoming a General he won't have the chance to experience how it is like to be in Danao.

Currently, he only knew that he was in Danao. But with the addition of Argus's memories, he found out that he was in a small village called Saon, part of the islands that constructs Danao.

It is one of the villages that made up a town called Tagam—Land ruled by the Lumin's Tribe.

But in his recollection of this place, this was not its name.

He just thought that it probably changed after they were colonized.

He immersed himself with moments of which did not belong to him.

Then, a brand new world greeted him...

In place of the high towered infrastructures that he normally sees, a group of huts made of different indigenous materials appeared.

Most of them were made out of bamboo grass as its walls and a sturdy plank of another wooden material as its post. The roof was made out of palm tree leaves.

It had a refreshing and cozy feel like you were at a country-folk vacation.

The roads which usually covered the ground were replaced by earthen trails.

Bustling cars stuck in a traffic jam was replaced by animals that resembled a bison where it proudly wore its horns like a crown.

Crowds of people are gone, what appeared in Miguel's eyes were people happily working together.

Women waving silk at the front of each of their huts, Men carrying large animals which they probably hunted, and kids playfully laughing beside.

Recalling the memories of Argus helped Miguel adjust to his current situation in the least amount of time.

He relished those memories as if it belonged to him.

All along while pacing his way towards the Saman.

They were locked in a sensual contact, both of his eyes were firmly glued in front of a beautiful young lady that screamed trouble.

It was none other than the Saman of Lumin's Tribe.

"Saman Talia, or should I call you Lia?" Miguel inwardly whispered as his thoughts swarmed like lightning, crackling at each point of thought.

And in Argus's memories...

A distant moment emerged.

.

.

.

...

The waves were splashing, birds freely roaming the sky.

The vast ocean waved a strong whip of breeze.

And what greeted his eyes was the lush mountain ranges after the white sand.

Behind him were a group of ships with colorful woven banners in golden linings.

There was a giant mark that resembled a bison in each of their banners.

An imposing line of warriors greeted them, led by a man that stood like a rock.

In his own gallant demeanor, he waved his hands.

And in unison, all the warriors present synced and organized a salute.

They all formed a fist, raised their right hands beside their left chest, and beat it once.

"Pagtimbaya!" The warriors roared

Then a few breathes passed before silence returned.

[10] "Maayong Adlaw, Datu Sadjar. I am certain that your fellow Khalip Tribesmen are tired from their journey, you may rest ashore before being assured that we meant no harm."

The man who stood like a rock smiled brightly.

He wore a bloody red turban in his head and was decorated with gold from his ears, to the neck, and to his arms. He had a top garment that greatly resembled a chaleco vest.

He approached the Khalip Tribe's Datu.

Then the two shook their hands and came closer to embrace each other's shoulder—Tapping each other's back lightly.

"Datu Hagat of Lumin's Tribe! Haha, I see that you are well." Datu Sadjar delightfully replied.

The young Argus came close, peeking from behind Datu Sadjar's waist.

"Ahh this is my son, my pride, Argus." Datu Sadjar introduced the young Argus to Datu Hagat.

"Forgive me for saying this, but he doesn't seem to resemble you. And his name... it's peculiar." Datu Hagat curiously inquired after a side remark.

"Oh Haha, is it because of his nose?" Datu Sadjar looked at Datu Hagat before briefly explaining.

"It is! Well, he resembled his mother. And his name was a gift from a foreign merchant. His mother seemed to like it too much and asked me to name him that." Datu Sadjar replied.

Then, a meek voice suddenly interrupted them...

"Father... may I go explore the seashore to play?" The young Argus shyly requested.

"Alright, alright! Go, my young boy!" Following that was a boisterous laugh

Hearing his father's permission, Argus quickly ran off.

And the two leaders gestured each other's warriors to not disturb them.

They walked together in the sand across a trail towards a hut which was specially prepared.

The young Argus wandered afar.

From seashells and starfish to coconut trees.

And eventually getting lost deep In the rainforest.

As to how he got there from how many paces away from the seashore, God knows how.

He just found himself panting from exhaustion.

Then up in a small green hill, the young Argus quietly sat down.

The small hill was surrounded by vibrant plants and trees.

Mostly of Palm and Mango trees. The grasses were thick and high for the young Argus to clearly see.

And as he raised his eyes, a fascinating yellow tree greeted him.

"Woah!" The young Argus could not help but be amazed.

A golden tree shined majestically because of its yellow-colored flowers. It is slightly smaller beneath the other trees. But that is why it caught the young Argus's eyes.

Each branch swayed like a spreading crown, those long drooping branches, and numerous, feathery leaves, were a paint of art in Argus's eyes.

The branches are rough but the flowers looked fluffy and smooth, green inside and deep-red underneath. It is the only yellow tree in the green tropical rain-forest.

The young Argus exclaimed: "This is a Palcata Tree! The one mother told me about!"

But besides the tree, the young Argus noticed someone.

A young girl wearing brown woven clothes with white linings was picturesquely drawn like a fairy underneath the golden tree's roots.

As if to find his new toy, the young Argus is instantly curious.

He dashed forward immediately towards this young girl.

"Who... who are you?" The young Argus slurred due to his excitement.

And the young girl was startled after a sudden presence whispered a call.

Her brown pupils contracted and enlarged as he saw the young Argus.

[11] "Waah! A Dayo!" the young girl screamed.

[12] She must have mistaken the young Argus as those of Murawans who were trying to invade their land.

"No! You are mistaken! I am Argus, son of Datu Sadjar!" The young Argus frantically yelled.

"Datu Sadjar?" The young girl contemplated a while before she suspiciously yelled...

"Nobody calls himself a Datu besides my father!"

Upon hearing this, the young Argus scratched his head.

He gave up explaining, he remembered that he also acted this way before his father took him on his journeys.

He helplessly shrugged "So... what is your name?"

The young girl pinched her thighs, she felt itchy as she noticed a red and pink mark covering her thighs. Probably, it was from the insects that bit her.

Then, she reluctantly answered "Lia..." the young girl remembered the teachings of her mother and since she still hasn't trusted the young Argus yet, she faked her name.

Those are from the memories of Argus...

Just based on that, he could already tell what era he currently was in.

Thus, further solidifying that this was in fact the Millenium Years past his age.

A New Mysterious Ophir which was never recorded in his books.

Now, he had a new goal!

Discover the truths which the books never mentioned and find a way to go back home.

And his first step in doing so was to get close to this young lady in front of him.

He smirked jovially as he thought that luck was in his side.

Remembering such a distant memory, Miguel returned to his senses as he found himself in a deadlock-sensual stare with this beautiful young lady in front of him.

A throbbing heart and anxious soul repeatedly urged him to come close...

 

=======

[10]Maayong Adlaw = Good Day

[11]Dayo = Foreigner, unidentified stranger.

[12]Murawans = Barbarians

...

.

.

.

(NOTE: This Book is primarily published at webnovel. If you liked and enjoyed reading my work, please support me @webnovel!
It is under the same Book Title~Veiled Saga: Conquest and Domination w/ the same Author Name~Suezaro)

This is just the beginning of Miguel's Veiled Saga!

To Be Continued... 

0