Chapter 26: Long Car Ride
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" Sweetie.” My mother’s sweet voice soothingly wakes me up.

" Five more minutes, mom.” I groan.

" Uhm, hun, last I checked I wasn’t anyone’s mom yet.”

I shoot up and rub my eyes to see Sage staring at me.

" God, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to -”

She interrupts me,” It’s fine. Greg said you guys were leaving early because of the long car ride, so after he packed your stuff into the car a couple minutes ago, he sent me to wake you up.” She said.

I wrap my arms around her,” I’ll miss you the most.”

" I’m sorry things turned out this way.” She whispered in my ear.

" Hey. Lucy, what about me ?” I look behind Sage to see Logan,” I’m offended.”

I release Sage and walk up to Logan, giving him a brisk hug,” You could always try harder, and maybe next time I visit you’ll be my favorite.” I laugh.

Logan chuckles and lifts my feet off the ground,” I’ll sweep you off your feet, princess, how’s that ?”

" Cheesy.” I say as he puts me down.

I hug Willis and I hear her quietly sniffling. I look up to her sad face,” Look, I’ll be back, don’t make that face. The pack will be fine without me here, most of them don’t trust me like you do.”

" They’re jerks!” She cries,” They said you smelled, but it was really them, they reek of BO.” She says quietly.

I guess she’s still hung up on last night.

" It’s okay. I’m over it.” I say as I let her go,” Now then, it’s time to go.” I take a deep breath before exhaling and walking down the hallway to the front door. As I open it, the wind outside blows harshly in my face. I walk outside and Mr and Mrs Wild are standing by the car with somber looks on their faces.

I shuffle over to them as I entrap them in a hug,” No matter what, you guys will always be my real family.” I whisper.

Mrs.Wild nods her head viciously in agreement before lunging forward and hugging me tightly,” And you’ll always be our daughter. You’re always welcome here, no matter what. I don’t care if we start a war, if you are unhappy at home with them, come back here immediately so I can give them a good scolding.” She says,” And promise that you’ll visit.”

" I promise.” I chuckle.

She lets me go and I give Mr.Wild a nod of respect as I open the door to the car that Greg was already sitting in.

The car starts and begins to turn out of the long winding driveway. I fight back tears as the house grows smaller in the distance.

" God that was depressing.” A voice says from the back of the car.

" Evan, what the fuck are you doing here! ” I yell as Greg slams on the breaks. Evan then stands up from crouching behind the driver’s seat and sits properly in the back of the car.

" Making sure you get home safely.” Evan says.

" Get out.” Greg growls.

" Can’t. I’ve been ordered to do this.” He says.

" What is he doing here ?” Greg growls at me.

" Like I would know, I literally just asked the same question seconds ago, dumbass.” I growl back.

" Well, he’s your fiancé, sorry for the misunderstanding.” Greg says.

" He’s not my fiancé! I’m not marrying that!” I point at Evan,” And I don’t want to talk to you!” I yell.

" Whatever.” Greg says,” But if he gets annoying, I’m throwing him out the window.” Greg starts the car again and begins to drive.

" Fine by me.” I mumble.

" That’s rude!” Evan pouts,” I’ll tell on you to Varian.”

I swivel around to face Evan,” If you tell him anything about what has happened, I will end you.”

" Who’s Varian ?” Greg asks,” I . . . feel like I’ve heard that name somewhere before.”

" One of her brot -”

" None of your business.” I interrupt Evan," Just

" I thought you weren’t talking to me.” Greg says.

" I don’t want to talk to you, but I may be forced to.” I murmur.

" Something tells me this is going to be a long car ride.” Evan says sarcastically.

745 words

0