Chapter 27: You Have a Dog ?
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" Eat my shoe!” I hiss at Evan as I throw my left sneaker at him.

He dodges and it hits the car seat.

" What did I do wrong ?” He asks.

" You broke the radio!” I pause,” Not that I care what happens to this car, but that was the only thing that made the awkward silence a little more bearable.”

" Both of you just shut up, we are almost there anyway.” I could see the vein on Greg’s forehead practically throbbing.

" Back where ? We’re in the middle of nowhere, and my college is at least another hour away.” I say.

" I have to stop by my house first.” He grumbles,” It wasn’t my choice, but my parents got angry when I left the pack in the Beta’s hands without prior notice.”

" Oh, we’re visiting Diane and Trent, how lovely.” Evan mused,” They’re sweet people.”

" Shut up. They’re Alpha and Luna Waters to you, pup.” Greg hisses at Evan.

" Greg, I’ve known them since I was still in diapers, they’ve seen me naked.” Evan exaggerates,” Suffice to say they’re not very formal with me.”

" You little -”

" Evan shut the hell up.” I hiss, interrupting Greg.

Greg glances at me weirdly before facing forward again.

" I was not agreeing with you.” I hiss.

" I didn’t say anything.” Greg says.

" You didn’t have to.” I cross my arms.

" Hey, I have a joke.” Evan says.

" Hey, no one cares.” I say.

" Let me tell it.” Evan whines,” Come on. Come onnnnnn. Comeeeee onnnnnnn.”

" Fine!” I yell.

" What do you call bees that drink milk ?”

" Evan if you say it, I swear to god I’ll punch you in the dic - ” I hiss as Evan interrupts me.

" Boo-bees!” Evan says,” Get it, it’s like boobies, but -”

I unbuckle my self and lean back over my chair to grab Evan, but he avoids me,” Don’t be like this.” He says,” It was just a joke.”

" Yeah, everything to you is just a joke, I don’t know why I ever thought otherwise!” I throw my fist forward, but he dodges.

" Come here, cowar -”

The car suddenly stops and I am thrown back forward. I feel something catch me before I hit the window, and I turn to see Greg, holding me in his arms.

" Let go!” I hiss,” Get back to driving!”

" I- uh,” Greg pauses as he places me back in my seat and takes his hands off me,” We’re here.”

I look out the window to see a small cottage,” This is where your parents live ?”

Greg snorts,” No, look to your left.”

I turn my head to see a house that matches the size of a castle.

" Woah, I almost forgot how loaded Diane and Trent are.” Evan says as he opens the car door and steps out.

" You better drop me off at my dorm before the end of today.” I say as I step out of the car and slam the door behind me.

The moment the car door slams shut, I hear barking coming from somewhere nearby.

I look around frantically until I see a large grey dog bounding towards me.

" You have a dog ?” I ask.

Greg looks at me with confused eyes,” Yes, but -”

" Oh my god he’s adorable!” I squeal as I run towards the dog only to have it jump up and tackle me to the ground before licking my face.

" What . . . what just happened ?” Evan asks.

I giggle as the dogs licks tickle my cheek,” What do you mean ?”

Greg storms over and grabs the dog by the scruff before throwing him off of me.

" What the hell was that for ? You could have hurt him!” I yell.

" That wasn’t a dog, Lucy, that was my pervert nephew.” He turns to face the wolf,” And you, Isaac, if you don’t shift back this instant I’ll tell your father that you shifted, you know what could happen if your wolf takes control in that form. It’s harder to suppress him like this, so shift back.” Greg said.

The wolf stared at him in silence with a rebellious smirk.

" I said shift back, now.” Greg growled.

The wolf rolled its eyes and shifted into what looked like a thirteen year old boy,” What ever you say, dear uncle.”

I shriek and turn around,” Gah he’s naked!”

" You did that on purpose.” Greg growled as he narrowed his eyes.

" That was an underhanded move. I commend your efforts my friend.” Evan whispers as he goes to high five the kid.

" I only did what he told me to.” The boy says as he avoids Evan.

" It was implied that you were to go inside before shifting. No respectable gentleman shifts in front of a lady.” Greg growls.

" Oh, who ever said I was a gen - ”

I interrupt the boy,” Both of you shut up! Naked child go inside, and Greg stop being a control freak!” I yell.

The kid suddenly goes quiet as I hear retreating footsteps accompanied by snickering.

" What about me ? You’re making me feel really neglected over here.” Evan whines.

" Go sit on a cactus.” I mutter.

Evan throws his arms up,” You ask too much, my lady, where am I supposed to find one of those in Pennsylvania?”

" Be creative.” I say.

" Oh, okay.” Evan says.

" Get the fuck off me, Evan !” Greg hisses.

" I’m sitting on a prick, does that count ?” Evan yells.

" No, nice try though.” I snicker.

" Fine, my god are you hard to please.” I hear him mutter as his foot steps begin to retreat farther away from me.

I suddenly feel someone’s hand grab my shoulder and I turn around to see Greg’s apologetic face,” Look, Lucy, I’m sorry -”

" Don’t even say a word, one of your insane family members just ruined dogs for me. Just let that sink in.” I turn to face him as I stand up,” This detour was your fault, I expect you to make it up to me.” I grumble as I leave no room for argument,” Now let’s get this over with.”

1042 words

0